Oil advice and recommendations here

Gaz gtiR

thats good then :) it didnt say silktran on the bottle so i was just worryed it wasnt the rite stuff i read about in a previous post on here :)

johnsy

Whats the best price you can do on 5L Titan pro-s 10w-50 and new oil fiter and fuel filter?

price delivered please

Thanks Dan

out of interest whats the best oil for our engines? Track and weekend use. runnng 1bar,oil cooler fittd

oilman

At the moment, the best prices on those bits are the members prices on the website, but I think Guy is working on a Pro S offer

oddrey

What do you recommend for cars used in tough winters with temps down to -20 degrees celcius. A allround oil. Will the Mobil 1 5w-50 be ok?

oilman

5w-50 oils aren't great, they break down to be a 5w-40 or 10w-40 pretty quickly. I'd go for a good quality 5w-40 instead.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XFS, Fuchs Supersyn, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim

oddrey

OK, i think i stick to Dealers here in Norway. But i need a advice, can i use the Mobil Mobilube 1 SHC 75W-90 fully synthetic on the gear and diff on my Gtir? And since i own a Focus Rs mk1 too, can i use this, i use this car on a lot of trackdays so its important that the gear oil is good.

Thanks for good advices:)

oilman

You need a 75w-90 for the gearbox and here are the ones we have.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w-90.aspx

If you want to go for the best, the Millers CRX 75w-90 NT, Motul Gear 300, Gulf Competition, Redline MT90 and Millers TRX are ideal for the gearbox. The Castrol Universal, Motul Motylgear and Fuchs Gear Syn are all decent alternatives.

Cheers

Tim

johnny gtir

Good advice Fast delivery would recomend. I am just miffed i ordered two 5 L only a day or two before the offer of free delivery and buy 5 L get 1 L free

Spikey

I get told a lot that im wasting my money on Expensive oil and that semi will do just fine.
Oh and that fully synth can damage your Engine... semi is better???

oilman

Good advice Fast delivery would recomend. I am just miffed i ordered two 5 L only a day or two before the offer of free delivery and buy 5 L get 1 L free
Sorry, but that's sods law. When there is an offer, someone always misses out as they ordered just before, there's nothing that can be done about it.

oilman

I get told a lot that im wasting my money on Expensive oil and that semi will do just fine.
Oh and that fully synth can damage your Engine... semi is better???
Ah, all I can really say to that is don't listen to whoever said that. Semi is okay for a normal, unmodified road car, but a synthetic will protect better. Ask them why they said that, I can't think of any reasoning at all.