Oil advice and recommendations here

oilman

Hi Dan

The Inugel is ideal, it really is top end stuff. You can buy a concentrated version, but neither way makes it a cheap option. Perhaps if you needed something like 15L, the concentrate would be cheaper, but it's pretty similar on price for smaller amounts. It's ready made so it gets used at the optimum concentration.

Cheers

Tim

johnsy

im not 100% sure on this, but will 5L be enough for the pulsars cooling system, iv never really took notice of how much iv put in but id guess around 5L, its always been about 2.5l of mix stuff then topped up with water,

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I bought and it didn't fill the entire system (although I didn't drain the block etc).

johnsy

Im after some PAS fluid, i know i need ATF dexIII type fliuid , but on your site you also have listed 80w-90 gearbox oil, i was wondering if i could use 75w-90 as i have a few litres kicking about?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That has to be an error; surely it's not recommending you put gear oil into a hydraulic circuit... unless they're also doing a deal on a new pump to replace the one you'll knacker?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think something has been crossed-over because they keep recommending you fill the transfer box with ATF; now that will work, but it seems a little odd that you've got ATF in a gearbox and gear oil in the power steering.

chrisyleigh

is it normal for the oil to rise to 110 sitting in traffic and on motorway at 70mph to rise to 110c
also normal town driving 20-40mph ect its around 90-105c?
apprently theres 10-40 part senthetic on in it only jst bought the car :) thanks

SUSS8

Just purchased a 1990 Nissan Pulsar GTiR

just got an straight thru 2.5 exhaust, borg fuel pump, apexi power intake. not sure as to what oil was used in it last.

Looking for recommendation on engine oil, diff fluid etc etc for a full service. I hear Royal purple is a good choice too?

oilman

Hi

I would use a 5w-40 synthetic in the engine.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition.

You need a 75w-90 for the gearbox, transfer box and diff*and here are the ones we have.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w-90.aspx

If you want to go for the best, the Millers CRX 75w-90 NT, Gulf Competition, Motul Gear 300, Redline MT90 and Millers TRX are ideal for the gearbox. The Castrol Universal, Motul Motylgear and Fuchs Gear Syn are all decent alternatives. The Fuchs Syn 5, Motul Gear 300LS, Millers CRX NT LS, Gulf Competition LS and Redline GL5 are ideal for the diff.

Cheers

Tim

oilman

Anyone in the need for any oil advice or recommendations?

We've now got our End Of Season Sale running, so it's a good time to pay us a visit!

cheers

oilman