Apex 8 Pot Brakes, Fitting , Testing, Review

MarkTurbo

That K sport kit looks like a good bit of kit for that money, at least they've used discs with a decent thickness 8)

The ds2500's in my AP's arent that brilliant from cold but 3000's are even worse :der: I certainly wouldnt want to go into a corner at any sort of speed in a car with cold ds3000's and expect them to work very well ;-)

Bob, if you do a lot of trackdays keep an eye on the discs as ds3000's usually eat them ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

Odin said:
Looks like a nice bit of kit bobby, Now lets see just how many of our tight fisted members are willing to shell out a grand for a set of brakes worth nearly as much as their cars :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I'd like to thank Kev at Apex for taking the trouble to make these possible though 8) ;-) , And all the other stuff he has in the pipe line

yes rob, i think there worth the money, your not gonna get a big brake setup like this for anywhere near that price tbh.
in all fairness i dont think he will sell an awfull lot of 8 pot kits, as they are an overkill for road use imo. if my car was'nt gonna be raced next year and it was just the odd trackday i was doing then i would have stuck with the 4 pots i had.
but it all depends on how well off people are, the older gits on here like me and you can afford to splash out a grand, but a lot of younger members i think will struggle to come up with that sort of money for something they dont necessarily need!

like you rob, i would also like to thank kev,for the stuff hes doing8) he's taken a big gamble with these brakes, and its not just for profit, hes a nice bloke to deal with and seems to be very genuine and sincere.

markyturbo....il keep an eye on them mark once car is all up n running, like you i thought the same in the respect that they eat discs and take time to heat up, so il let you all know my thoughts soon as ive tested them.
dont think i would have bought the 3000 pads if i had been using car solely on the road, i would have spent the extra £100 elsewhere;-) like down the pub, or a nice meal out:lol:

Braveheart

Brake kit looks like the dogs ballocks. With that size, thickness and ventilated (fins) disks and 8 pots I'm sure they are going to perform very well and I would jump at it at that price. Cost me over 600 quid for four pots, pads and hoses.
Unfortunatly, I want to run with 15" so I can't get them...:cry:

If I was looking for a brake kit though to upgrade from the standard and running 17" wheels, I would snap them up at that price. Sure they have a good re-sale value as well..;-)

Good Job Kev..... thanks for looking out for the "R" contingent... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stumo

Nothing must eat pads like the old DS11's, i went through a set of discs every two pairs of pads

cmng

quite good deal actually

I setup up my front Porsche 4 pot cost me nearly USD1k
with used Porsche 996 Carrera caliper , New Project Miu GTR 324 x 30mm rotor disc and new bracket

MORF114

I think lionel means you can get ap 4 pot calipers with some brackets and some discs for a grand.

Kev@Apex

Great news, thanks Bob :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support on the development, I know you guys want a few things I have in the pipeline not just these superb brakes (that won time attack club in 2006 - 330mm). We can also do 356mm and 380mm!! the 380mm kits are 12 pot !

Theres manifolds (with high thickness walls on the tubular stainless) and elbows also being developed, and we are just about ready to sell the Apex coilovers (made in the same factory as the Apexi N1 coilovers for the US market ;0 ) for a good chunk less. However we have moved on the from the old spec and have a new improved spec for the dampers. The Apex generation 1 coilovers were very similar to the Apexi N1, the newer gen2's are a improvement over that.

We are also developing a 304mm 6-pot that might be more use to the 16" wheel users :D

I can do rear kits but its not worth while unless you guys can work out how to get a drum handbrake on the rear (eg 200SX S14 owners can retro fit the Z32 or Skyline drum handbrake). The 330mm rear kits use a 6-pot caliper and the 304mm will use a 4-pot :D

I dont mind doing the development work for GTiR parts as long as I get support from you guys :lol:

gunmetalgtir

KevD said:
I dont mind doing the development work for GTiR parts as long as I get support from you guys :lol:
Can you do some devolpment in making Pulsar's run on vegatble oil please?

Fecking sick of spending half my life at a Shell garage!! At least if it ran on veg oil I would spend half my life at tesco's and could get my shopping done at the same time! :eek:k:

cmng

KevD said:
I can do rear kits but its not worth while unless you guys can work out how to get a drum handbrake on the rear (eg 200SX S14 owners can retro fit the Z32 or Skyline drum handbrake). The 330mm rear kits use a 6-pot caliper and the 304mm will use a 4-pot :D

KevD
Forget about the rear drum hand brake kit
Just retro fit a Mechanical handbrake caliper on it
mean 2 caliper at the rear

Kev@Apex

Maybe its just me, but I didnt like the x6, just K Sport would be better, we havent used x8, x6 or x12 before on the logo.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
keep the x6 in the logo, move it all to the far left, it will give the logo a little more space and won't look so squashed.

The whole calliper would look great (as would the front ones) in gloss black with a white logo, but that's just my personal understated taste.

Kev@Apex

You mean like this 6-pot rear (current design) as being supplied on the group buy ;)

And 8-pot front

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
ha ha, yeah, loads better :lol:

just out of interest, I wonder if the 8 pots would fit a 325mm x 30mm rotor

Last edited:
O

Odin

I think using a big K on them is pretty chavtastiic anyway :doh: :yuck: .

And the gold colour it's self is a bit dodgy, If I were buying them I'd have them in black and remove all the writing ;-) .

Rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Odin said:
I think using a big K on them is pretty chavtastiic anyway :doh: :yuck: .

And the gold colour it's self is a bit dodgy, If I were buying them I'd have them in black and remove all the writing ;-) .

Rob
the logo has been engraved by the looks of it