Track day upgrades?

STEVEN878

Ill maybe get some pics up next time im working on the car :)

where all the pics of your car? I would like to see what youve done.

STEVEN878

Only pic i have of what iv removed was this from friday night:

nice one!
Curious to see all the effort youve put into your lightweight R.

Jon Olds

little wheels, little brakes. exhaust? People dont like the mongoose, but it weighs nothing. works too, if you decat silence. (says the man with a spare new one available.) Tubular exh manifold?
Jon

STEVEN878

little wheels, little brakes. exhaust? People dont like the mongoose, but it weighs nothing. works too, if you decat silence. (says the man with a spare new one available.) Tubular exh manifold?
Jon
15" enkei wheels are fitted, wilwood midlite brakes, 3" decat pipe and a 5zigen exhaust.

I thought most tubular manifolds cracked and the std manifold was the best option for anything up to 400-450bhp?

STEVEN878

I would say your car is around 1180kg still?
Really?
i have no idea where to loose another 80-180kg!
I reckon i could cut about 10kg of metal out the panels and maybe another 10-15kg out removing bonnet catches, etc.

surely a lightweight bonnet, tailgate, doors and wings cant save 150kg?

STU666V

Could save around 60kg on doors and bonnet? Change your glass, f/g boot lid. Light seat,steering wheel,engine mounts,bumber bars, side exit exhaust,air con, dash, sound proofing, change tow hooks for straps.

The list goes on,
go on a diet?

STEVEN878

Could save around 60kg on doors and bonnet? Change your glass, f/g boot lid. Light seat,steering wheel,engine mounts,bumber bars, side exit exhaust,air con, dash, sound proofing, change tow hooks for straps.

The list goes on,
go on a diet?
new bucket seats weigh 9kg each
front bumper bar is cut
air con is completely gone
most of the dash is gone
sound proofing is gone
tow straps are on order and the std ones will be removed.

the lightweight panels are serious money!

i only weigh 75kg!

STEVEN878

75kg! Fat c-nt! :)

Ill cut to 70kg for track days. Lol

last time i weighed the car i was around 1250kg (cant remember exact figures as it was around 4 years ago) but that was with. Half tank of fuel.
Might not be accurate as it was axle weights...

STEVEN878

Haha, thats brilliant.

maybe i can get a loan of a truck engine from my work...13litre, 6cylinder, turbocharged, 550bhp and about 2000lbft. LOL.

might need to read your blog again...