Time Attack

Lionel

thats some work there, Mark have you got any other pics?????????????????????

even thow it was fast on the twistyer track it still held it own up agens norris evo and others.

MarkTurbo

Lionel no more pics, i borrowed (ok stole :lol: ) them off the MLR anyway ;-)

Notice that neither the Norris or Rc Evo's are finished yet, that chargecooler on Norris's car isnt connected up yet and neither is the radiator under the rear of the Rc car! I see Norris has changed his exhaust to a front bumper exit one too ;-)

Lionel

In the ruels i dont think you can run a front bumper exit due to the db limits on tracks so im gessing there going to have to change all that when it comes to time attack.

Need to start mine car asap if i have any chanes of running in it this year.

P

pulsarboby

Lionel said:
In the ruels i dont think you can run a front bumper exit due to the db limits on tracks so im gessing there going to have to change all that when it comes to time attack.

Need to start mine car asap if i have any chanes of running in it this year.

there is a 105db limit, so he may have to re-design unless hes got some sort of silencer in there somewhere!
what you got left to do, to get your car sorted then lionel? didnt know you were up for it aswell, you best get your entry in, and quick aswell! as theres very ltd spaces available, even im not in yet for sure:roll: i need to know, if i dont get in then i need to quickly take my race licence test and get car sorted for lma saloon car.
which have different regs to time attack, even more strict:sad:

Lionel

Well im hopeing to start to day as i havent had the time as we have loads of work on which is keeping me from the car.

The sheel going to be sent off to be seem weledes arond the strut top front and back also the cage is going in once the sheel stripped.

so there is loads to do really so i may miss it this year as finding the time is hard. if i get it done il try and see if andy and glen will let me run at the last round just so i can get a test in but if not il just sort a coulp of track day and do some testing there.

also haveing thorts of running the car in some REAL motorsport like ur self bob as the time attack event only over 6 rounds.

Lionel

LOL im sorting out a price`s for them if you intersted mate.

or would u like whats under the belts LOL

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Lionel said:
For the last round some of them had to install extra silencers, ND had a heat wrapped extension to his original exhaust system to participate at Donnington as his db level was far too loud for their regulations.

Lionel

I do rember seeing the orange RC running 2 very big silencers on the back of there car due to the db levels.

got chatting to someone to day and they told me that the new RC car is dry sumped as well.

I think the R and cars set up simler to the litchfield scooby will once agen do well as most the tracks used are twisty.

Bob how far away are you from entering??

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Lionel said:
I do rember seeing the orange RC running 2 very big silencers on the back of there car due to the db levels.
Yeah I noticed he had the same system on in November when I attended the MLR trackday at Oulton Park

P

pulsarboby

Lionel said:

got chatting to someone to day and they told me that the new RC car is dry sumped as well.

I think the R and cars set up simler to the litchfield scooby will once agen do well as most the tracks used are twisty.

Bob how far away are you from entering??

well put it this way lionel, i havent heard nothing yet, they dont seem to realise that my car was being built for circuit racing with its own criteria! and that i need to make alterations if it is entered in time attack, as regs are somewhat different.

add to that, the fact that if i dont get in, i need to get a medical sorted and get my msa race licence all before march:doh: me thinks somethings got to give somewhere, just not enough time to do everything:sad:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
No one has heard anything yet mate.. I'll find out for you though... ;-)

Rishi

Lionel

cool need some of them, what chassie mods have you done have you had the sell weled any where or any think??

P

pulsarboby

thats another grey area lionel.

seem welding is good for rallying, but have been told that its totally unessasary for circuit use, yet others will tell you different!

imo its not necessary due to the chassie design of the gtir, i personally think that a car can be too rigid, to the point of where you start to lose feedback with whats going on with the wheels, especially in the wet!
so im gonna leave as is. i think its good to have some movement and chassie flex, but then that just suits my driving style, others may dis-agree!

Lionel

Like i said befor my shells being weled around the strut top front and rear.

i did find when i run a thinker ARB the rear of the R in the wet was very skidish and i found may self many time driveing sideways LOL

also have you removed ur full tank?

anyone know if roger clark are running there new car in time attack ?

P

pulsarboby

will be leaving tank standard but am fitting an attain swirlpot with inbuilt walbro to stop surge!
i may need this as i could be upside down when im on a roll:lol:

Lionel

LOL hope that dus not happen, it will be good to see a R in the time attack at some point this year,

is anyone entering the club man event?