Time Attack

P

pulsarboby

just filled in the entry form for time attack 20078)
didnt realise this was so popular, and entries are restricted due to numbers!

theres a vid on the site of some very serious cars, some are putting out 800bhp:shock: , so gonna be up against some serious big boys (assuming im selected)

there are also some very good drivers, i.e the clio cup championship winner is running amongst some noted drivers from touring car, rallying and other motorsport events.

big big sponsors there too! best get my tubby mobil sorted, and quickly too, lot of work still to do, and not much time as first round is at donnington in april:p

gtirneil

Good luck fella, hope you get in, its about time GTi-R's started to make an impact on time attack etc.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Just need to send my confirmation of interest before the 5th Jan. The actual acceptance won't come until later on mate. Was meant to be in it last year but work commitments and car not being ready meant i missed out. Rob Barnes called a few times last season and i said then that i would be good for this season. He's sent the PDF to fill out that i need to have sent off shortly.

Will see how it all pans out.

Rishi

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Good luck to the both of you! :thumbsup:

Should be well worth travelling down to watch a few of the events, especially now there are a couple of GTiR's in it now (if not more)

Boby - Still going to give you a run for you money at Caldwell! ;-) (when I book the bloody thing:oops: )

P

pulsarboby

thought you had bailed out andy.... is there any places left? i will now be running standard turbo aswell, havent got the dosh to uprate it yet, so i reckon your in with a fighting chance, if you make it that is!

rishi, ive printed pdf, scanned it and emailed it to rob, he will get it quicker that way;-)
dont know if im gonna get in though, if not i will enter into lma euro saloons run by btscc, but its real bang on the door hard core driving lol, will need a wagon of spare panels following me!
if you know rob, stick a good word in for me8) are you entering all the heats?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
thought you had bailed out andy.... is there any places left? i will now be running standard turbo aswell, havent got the dosh to uprate it yet, so i reckon your in with a fighting chance, if you make it that is!
Nah i'm not a drop out, I'm still coming. There are places left, just been watching the pennies over christmas. :? ;-)

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

you and me both mate, im now considerably brassic:cry: looks like i may have to get off my fat ass and do some work for a change:shock:

Rishi

pulsarboby said:

rishi, ive printed pdf, scanned it and emailed it to rob, he will get it quicker that way;-)
dont know if im gonna get in though, if not i will enter into lma euro saloons run by btscc, but its real bang on the door hard core driving lol, will need a wagon of spare panels following me!
if you know rob, stick a good word in for me8) are you entering all the heats?

No worries mate. Will drop him and email or a call when i send off my form and point out that we have another GTiR wanting in.. ;-)

Will be good to get the GTiR's in the Time Attack series.

Rishi

ashills

you wont be against the tuner entries they are the real big power entries norris etc but should be fun may even have a crack myself later in year

Rishi

ashills said:
you wont be against the tuner entries they are the real big power entries norris etc but should be fun may even have a crack myself later in year

If the car is upto scratch then you will be able to enter the PRO class. Most will be Club Class though

Rishi

GINGA

ashills said:
I suspect some of the private entries will be very serious pieces of kit that should really be in the pro class, I doubt there will be classes to seperate the 350hp £10k cars from the 700+hp £100k+ cars that some private entries will be running, as usual it'll probably come down to he who has the most money will win unless they are a really crap driver that is :lol:

Rishi

Well maybe not but we'll see. Its being setup for my weight in the drivers seat. The people setting it up will also be speaking to their friend Juan Becker who builds some of the best handling GTiR's. This also means i have to swap out the TEIN's for something better. ;-)

Will just see how we get on with the rest of the competition whichever class I end up in.

Rishi

Keira

RishiGTiR said:
The people setting it up will also be speaking to their friend Juan Becker who builds some of the best handling GTiR's
you could get them to ask him what he thinks of your fellow scots man bruce whilst your at it :lol:

good old, Jan Becker (hes german not spanish :lol:) loved setting up pulsars so much he went and brought an evo :lol:

Rishi

deisel weasel said:
you could get them to ask him what he thinks of your fellow scots man bruce whilst your at it :lol:
Thats another story all together. Won't get into it as things are still happening there..

deisel weasel said:
good old, Jan Becker (hes german not spanish :lol:) loved setting up pulsars so much he went and brought an evo :lol:
Bah! Took the easy option!

Will have this GTiR handling exceptionally well soon enough. It was pretty fecking good throwing it round the b-roads today as it is.

Rishi

Rishi

At least I'm trying.. :roll:

They only ran for 2 years on a car that was rushed into the scene.

Correct Suspension, Diffs, ARB etc will certainly transform the cars handling.

Just because the GTiR will never handle like and EVO is doesn't mean we should all just give up. I'll enjoy taking them on with a lesser car! Flogging the R and building a Track orientated EVO would just be too easy. ;-)

Rishi