Time Attack

MarkTurbo

pulsarboby said:
1minute 54sec lap on full curcuit of cadwell (standard sunny) which i will better in feb on track day at same place;-) with witnesses, times speak all languages and thats a very good time!
nothing will sway my opinion:-D
It may be a good time but put somebody of the same ability as you in an sorted evo/scooby etc and i'd put money on them going a good few secs quicker ;-)

Its all very well saying that you can beat cars that are better than yours that have lesser drivers but how many numpty drivers do you think there will be doing the time attack........................................im guessing not many ;-)

GINGA

I think to be fair if all cars were limited to about 400hp then a well sorted and driven R would stand a good chance, its just once you start producing more hp the R really struggles to handle it.
The actual weight distribution is the same as the early evo's and they seem to do well enough, so I doubt that alone will be holding them back. There are a few good examples of R's doing well in motorsport like Tony Bardy's etc so all is not lost ;) given a nice twisty circuit with short straights the R might even pull off a few suprises 8)

O

Odin

GINGA said:
I think to be fair if all cars were limited to about 400hp then a well sorted and driven R would stand a good chance, its just once you start producing more hp the R really struggles to handle it.
The actual weight distribution is the same as the early evo's and they seem to do well enough, so I doubt that alone will be holding them back. There are a few good examples of R's doing well in motor sport like Tony Bardy's etc so all is not lost ;) given a nice twisty circuit with short straights the R might even pull off a few surprises 8)

So says the man that sold his R because it was 5hit and bought himself an EVO :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Most of us that really love the R and have spent time and money making them better, No full well that they still haven't got the best car in the world :doh: , But that's not the reason we own and drive are R's is it :thumbsup: .

Rob

GINGA

Odin said:
So says the man that sold his R because it was 5hit and bought himself an EVO :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Its was the cheaper option ;) as you have proved :lol: :lol: though i'm still tempted to do another R (or early evo ;) ) theres just something about driving the underdog that makes it all much more fun :twisted:

P

pulsarboby

GINGA said:
Its was the cheaper option ;) as you have proved :lol: :lol: though i'm still tempted to do another R (or early evo ;) ) theres just something about driving the underdog that makes it all much more fun :twisted:

well said ginga, hooray!
during this lighthearted discussion, i never once said that the gtir was a good car! ' infact far from it, its a jap pile of crap that always breaks when put under extreme loads and stress!
but that is why i and many others like to compete in it, 'as it truly is the underdog'
lets face it, im never ever gonna be a fantastic driver that will go places, and move on to touring car and so forth, too old for that!
but then neither will 95% of other drivers competing in various club motorsport up and down the country!
so the buzz is from my point of view, is to take as many big boys out that i can, and watch there faces when they come over after the race or trackday and want to talk to little old me about my crappy little pulsar thats just wiped the floor with them in there super race prepped car that they have spent thousands upon thousands on. thats the buzz:-D

mark turbo hit the nail on the head earlier, when he said! how many numpty drivers are there in time attack!.......well i dont know, as ive never entered for this event before, but one thing i will tell you, is that theres a lot of drivers out there in motorsport land that believe there special, but they arent, and can easily be beaten by a crappy sunny8)

kieron and mark both pointed out that these cars are crap and will never win anything, well i have to agree with you both, ive never disputed that, but there good enough to cause a few shock results, with the right man at the wheel who has a do or die drive it like ya stole it attitude;-) thats what its all about:thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just out of interest what is the maximum RON level (if any) can be used within the Time Attack competition, does it vary between level entries or is there a maximum level that is specified by the organisers?

maz

Aslong as you guys are good drivers then i dont see a problem, i think the R is seriously under-estimated and in most cases there is usualy a small band of usable power on your average track. the R will do well i think.
As soon as my R is up to scratch and running a decent power range then i will be entering the time attack series also as i have every confidence in the car, but il be letting my brother drive as he is an amazing race driver with lots of experience in rally and track'ing (car and bike).

pulsarboby im sure u know how tricky it could be to race a ducati 749s against ur average tricked up R1 etc, but like i said it all comes down to usable power eh? :)

P

pulsarboby

just ordered my 3071 tubby, so will up the anti a little now, with the extra bhp;-)
as far as im aware your even allowed to run nos if you want! but cars are put into groups dependant upon setup etc!
i was gonna race the R in lma euro saloons where it would have been a group a car, because it is awd. every one goes on about power but this really is only a small part of it, reliability is the key along with handling. afterall whats the point in running an 800bhp monster when
1. its very hard to get that power down on the track, without drifting, which is bad for times.
2.more bhp = less reliability, if cars gonna break down on circuit, then its as much good as nothing!

still waiting on an answer from rob (organiser) to see whether ive been accepted or not, but rishi doesnt seem to think il have a problem there! but if not i willenter in lma euro saloons as i was originally going to do:-D

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
This is an interesting thread, not sure how I missed it :)

Bobby, what are the regulations for entry? Can you send me a copy?

On the Pulsars are sh*t as standard and everything modern makes a mockery of them. I was going to get on my soapbox but can't be bothered. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

>quoteThis is an interesting thread, not sure how I missed it :)

Bobby, what are the regulations for entry? Can you send me a copy?

On the Pulsars are sh*t as standard and everything modern makes a mockery of them. I was going to get on my soapbox but can't be bothered. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:<quote

jim if you click on rishis name, it brings up time attack under his siggy!

basically car has to be fully race prepped with all fia approved cage, cutoff switches, plumbed in extinguisher and all the other necessary safety equipment involved.
for yourself, you will need fire proof suit, gloves and boots and correctly stamped helmet etc.
car will undergo strict scruteneering prior to every event!

you do not need a race licence to enter this, as it is not actually racing but classed as pacemaking, as you are the only car on track at one given time.;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
every one goes on about power but this really is only a small part of it, reliability is the key along with handling.
When I’ve talked to people about T.A they mention about N.D's 900hp Evo or someone else with silly power, “arrhh yeah, but its got 900hp, its going to well rape everyone” :blah: but after watching some of Norris's in car videos, he seems to struggle somewhat with his car, its not what I would call a harmonic driving! :nono:

Personally, fighting against your car isn’t going to get you good lap times. I don't think I’d ever want a car that’s so powerful that I’d have to spend all my time trying to tame it, than being able to concentrate bringing down my times and efficiently attacking the track to the best of my ability! 8)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The new RC Developments car...

900hp+ :der:

RC are also building a fluorescent blue one apparently!!!

Last edited:

Lionel

Is that there new time attack car???

didnt anyone lern from litchfleld at all last year ??

They had only 500bhp and still kick all the 700+hp cars. once agen that was down to a good driver and awsome set up

also i dont think there be useing that exhaust.

also if anyone went to autosport did you see what changes norris has done to his car.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
jim if you click on rishis name, it brings up time attack under his siggy!
Nothing there yet. Kind of stupid if you're meant to be preparing it already :der:

I guess its got to be road legal?

ashills

litchfield only kicked ass on the tight twisty tracks where there was no room for the bigger bhp cars to stretch there legs

ashills

only the diff hanger is tubed by looks of it
the diff hanger is a big solid lump of metal normally so that will save alot of weight