Raising the compression?

MarkTurbo

red reading said:
o forgot to add i used to work for hewland gearboxes and am completley clueless;-)
You could have worked for aunt bessies making yorkshire puddings but it dosent change the fact that gti-r boxes are weak :lol:

Ive lost count now how many boxes ive pulled apart and rebuilt, even standard cars strip teeth off of gears thats how weak they are ;-) Not to mention broken selector forks, they're weak too and thats nothing to do with how much power is going through the box ;-)

gtirjoey

just like to say my gearbox is the ONLY thing that has held up in my car its the only original part i have since when i first bought a pulsar 2 years ago.i have shortshift (you get used to these and dont have to bang them in) I have launched my car at pod unknown times and in genarel drive the thing like i stole it. this includes 4 wheel drive doghnuts and all sorts of stuff and it never blown??? i even wonder my self sometimes.
i do give it regualer oil changes as i know i am borried time with the thing but the day it goes i cant moan it has held up really well

P

pulsarboby

joe your a big pussy and drive like a girl:lol: :lol: :lol:

wheres my fcuking fruit pastilles n sherbert dibdab:roll: :lol:

gtirjoey

pulsarboby said:
joe your a big pussy and drive like a girl:lol: :lol: :lol:

wheres my fcuking fruit pastilles n sherbert dibdab:roll: :lol:
we will see in september who drives like a girl:lol:

P

pulsarboby

gtirjoey said:
we will see in september who drives like a girl:lol:

youll be so hell bent on trying to beat me your gearbox will explode into a thousand pieces and i will simply look at you in my rear view as im sucking away on me sherbert dibdab with a big grin on my chops:lol:

not my fault i got pink foam:oops: its just a gay thing that ive got going on:lol: :lol:

red reading

MarkTurbo said:
You could have worked for aunt bessies making yorkshire puddings but it dosent change the fact that gti-r boxes are weak :lol:

Ive lost count now how many boxes ive pulled apart and rebuilt, even standard cars strip teeth off of gears thats how weak they are ;-) Not to mention broken selector forks, they're weak too and thats nothing to do with how much power is going through the box ;-)
and if you know gearboxes that well selector break because of abuse i.e forcing it into gear ,o well i'm going to have to wait and see as my latest car has 420lbft of torque at low boost and is on a standard box,and has been for some time

Last edited:

red reading

Radders said:
Boxes are weak! Mine just got jammed for no reason! got stuck in reverse gear for the fun of it, and its still jammed. Need to take it apart to look, Got a box of boby to sort it, sound box drives fine, but it shows how WEAK they are, the bell housing CRACKED when I was doing it up, admittidly my fault, but the metal is S H I T!

We need a new casing, or at least someone to modify one,and just test it and test it.

I know a guy that does work for drag cars, been in the business for years that would take on a job of modding a box ;-)
not being funny but you must have done something nasty when doing the box up to crack the bell housing

Radleigh

red reading said:
not being funny but you must have done something nasty when doing the box up to crack the bell housing
Was just doing it up, then noticed a crack..... gearbox wasn't dropped or nothing.

Its sorted now, been welded :-D

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Does anyone have a design for a new casing. If we had a design I could make some enquiries in China. Equally we have members in Malaysia on here and that's quite a sensibly priced country.

If we don't have a design then we need to get one before worrying about cheap Chinese suppliers. In China you get what you pay for too and steel is more or less a global price. So no design and you are better off trying to get something done locally so you can keep checking it and modifying it until it works.

Last edited:

saddler

saddler said:
Done some looking around and found a company that will do Magnesium or Aluminium Race Gearbox Casting :p.. what is it thats needed = is it the gearbox end case as i will give them a call
would nobody be interested in this then,,?

kirko

yep end case needs beefing up but whole box needs a makeover and strengthening they will know what needs doing as they are the experts

GTIR-LOZ

sounds good especially as you can send them a case and they can replicate from that there is no need for technical drawings then