Raising the compression?

Radleigh

In that picture above, what gearset is it?? Not to familar with GTiR boxes, so I'm not sure whats broke on that pic, has it been pushed through casing there????? next to main shaft...

Radleigh

Because of heat yeah? I know a very good aluminium welder, theres plenty to across the country....

Good job I got a spare casing!

P

pulsarboby

yeah that could be a prob:lol:
not seen one go through the front like that.
at the end of the day what im making is better than nothing and i still believe it will strenghen the rear endcase, once again only time will tell.

just out of curiosity what you gonna use on your monster, are you using some kind of drag box?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Micra Ed said:
Has anyone seriously looked into getting an after market casting made? i.e. contacting some Chinese lot and asking them to make a copy of the gear casing lol.

I bet people would pay a fair amount to get a box that wouldn't explode, but I suspect its all been said and done before...
If that route were taken personally I think steel (broad term) would be the only material worth considering for a new casing.

lets just say we did sort the cracking box problem completely with something like the above, in peoples opinion what would be the next weak link in the chain to brake.

olliecast

its a shame there isn`t a dimensional drawing for the boxes avaliable if they`re that much of a problem. Could produce 3d model then load it up to try and best simulate what it see`s in service then strengthen the right bits as appropriate.
mind you, the modelling would take a fair amount of time tbh!

Fusion Ed

All you need is to get a straight gearbox case in one bit and put it under a Renishaw Cyclone II!!! Cad drawing done! hha.