Raising the compression?

abyss

5. PRICES Unless the order is accompanied by sufficient information, drawings and data to enable work to proceed forthwith, UK Racing Castings is at liberty to amend prices quoted herein to cover any increase in cost during the period of delay caused by the lack of such details.

saddler

abyss said:
5. PRICES Unless the order is accompanied by sufficient information, drawings and data to enable work to proceed forthwith, UK Racing Castings is at liberty to amend prices quoted herein to cover any increase in cost during the period of delay caused by the lack of such details.
we dont know what the price is yet..:) these are posted on websites to cover problems covered by ordering....

Thor

gearbox oil check

hello,

i want the oil check screw at the gearbox but i don´t know which it is. have anyone a pic where i could see them? and how much oil i must put in the gearbox??

cheers
sascha

Gav_Kara

its at the front of gearbox near reverse sensor normally a half inch socket square and fill up on level ground till it runs out of hole

GTIR-LOZ

well i have a bit of an update i have run the engine in and friday went to Ea to get the emanage ultimate setup with the 700cc injectors - which did not go too well;-)
paul tried to fit the injectors but at 5500rpm the emanage went crazy and threw in all its fuel, he tried different ways but was unable to map it so instead he setup the car on the standard injectors
it made 390bhp and 315lbs/ft torque at 1.3 bar ish;-)
unfortunatley the dp manfold started blowing from a warped flange so that has to go back now so i will be without my car for a week or so

nothing with these cars is easy lol

davey red.r

yes im in the same club, there is nothing easy they are money attention seekers:lol: :cry: ,
still decent results though from what was avalible.

davey

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
so do we know how many types of end case patterns there are (where the external mould pattern differs) ?? I assume there is more than one ?

saddler

stevepudney said:
so do we know how many types of end case patterns there are (where the external mould pattern differs) ?? I assume there is more than one ?
:shock: Are there more than one...

turboloon

i take it you are not running the map sensor with the ultimate, good figures though keep me update with the progress with the mapping of your emanage ultimate as i have this as well but not yet fitted, have you got the custom loom fitted with this as well..?

GTIR-LOZ

yeah i have the boomslang harness but no map sensor which i believe i need in order to exceed the factory limit on the injectors

the harness is well worth the extra money its a great bit of kit and stops all the hassles of splicing into your loom

also i have sentthe manifold back now, you can def see the flange is further out than the others and a bit warped, hopefully dp will sort it out as they have promised too

S

s18rra

its gone!

well its finally gone but dont know which it is gearbox or clutch. last i drove my car it seemed ok but today i couldnt select any gear it just makes a horrible crumching sound, some fella came to me on the street and said it looks like my clutch has gone but i dont know whether its my gearbox, i can select gears when engines off.
what is it?

S

s18rra

how do i find out what it is before i go and buy a new clutch, any recomended clutches out there for good money only going to run to about 350bhp