*Testing of the K-Sport 304mm 6POT Brake kit*

Rune_GTI-R

The gap between the original caliper and my alloys are ca 20 mm... But is that enough, or will the K-sport cailper need even more space?

MORF114

No guarantees but they might fit depending on spoke design i have et45 with a 10mm gap between caliper and rim witha te37 copy style rim , and if fuberandy's et35 rim fits so you might have a et35 rim.

Rune_GTI-R

I know for sure that I have a et35 rim, but what I would very much like to know is how much more space these caliper will need compared to the original caliper.
This should be quite easy to measure (bell-disc-caliper) for those who have the kit :?

John

Rune_GTI-R said:
I know for sure that I have a et35 rim, but what I would very much like to know is how much more space these caliper will need compared to the original caliper.
This should be quite easy to measure (bell-disc-caliper) for those who have the kit :?
No one else has the kit on a Pulsar barring Andy, he was the tester. The boat has arrived with the GB brake kits on them so give it a few weeks and im sure someone will be able to give you a definitive answer on this as im sure one of the GB participants must be upgrading from stock brakes to 6 pots.

Rune_GTI-R

John said:
No one else has the kit on a Pulsar barring Andy, he was the tester. The boat has arrived with the GB brake kits on them so give it a few weeks and im sure someone will be able to give you a definitive answer on this as im sure one of the GB participants must be upgrading from stock brakes to 6 pots.
Yes, but when I'm in on the GB I would very much like to know now, and not after the kit has arrived ;-)

MORF114

Id like to know the lotto numbers before saturday but it will never happen,

Why dont you speak to kev@apex see if he will sell you a set at groupbuy price after someone has the numbers for you although after the kits have all been sent out doesnt that mean the groupbuy would have ended so it would be at normal retail price? ;-)

Rune_GTI-R

MORF114 said:
Id like to know the lotto numbers before saturday but it will never happen,
Do you honestly mean that that is a fair comparison? :der:
What do you think is the purpose of having someone test a product before selling it??

When you have the kit this is very simple to measure and should only take a couple of minutes...

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’m lost about what you want measuring?. If you want the measurement of the K-Sports that’s fine, but what I can’t understand is how you wanting measuring?

So far you’ve asked for...

Rune_GTI-R said:
What was the gap from calliper to alloy when using original caliper?
then…

Rune_GTI-R said:
measure the distance between the outer surface of the bell to the outer surface of the disc and then from the disc to the outer surface of the caliper, then that would be VERY helpful :-D
And then I would now if this kit will clear my alloys or not...
then…

Rune_GTI-R said:
I have 7,5 x 16" BBS Postert Tuning wheels, ET 35
Are there any chance that you could take the measures that I asked for in my last post?
So we know that your wheels are 16” like mine, so the kits fits over them, and your ET is 35, as is mine – perfect!

then...

Rune_GTI-R said:
The gap between the original caliper and my alloys are ca 20 mm... But is that enough, or will the K-sport caliper need even more space?
…ok you’ve lost me there, but we’ve established that your wheels are the same dimensions as mine barring yours are 16” x 7.5 where mine are 16” x 7.

And lastly….

Rune_GTI-R said:
That makes very little sense to me, if I’m looking into it too deep or I’m missing something then someone please educate me? The only way I can think that your asking my to measure is “(bell-disc-caliper)” would be flat against the brake kit.

Rune_GTI-R said:
When you have the kit this is very simple to measure and should only take a couple of minutes...
And I’m away most weeks so I can’t just pop outside and measure my brakes, so you’ll have to wait till the weekend….

Rune_GTI-R

Must be that my english is the worst ever seen in here :lol:

So then I will try to explain again this time by using a picture and text:

Measure no 1:
Remove the wheel and put something at your own choice that is flat on top of the bell. Then measure the gap between this and down to the surface of the disc, marked with 1.

Measure no 2:
Put something at your own choice that is flat on top of the caliper. Then measure the gap between this and down to the surface of the disc, marked with 2.

Kev told me that the bell is 6mm thick.

Now with these 2 measures I can compare the same measures on the original parts and see if this will fit with my alloys or not :-D

Just saying that you have 16" with ET35 and that I have it doesn't tell anything for sure at all, because the design of the alloys and spoke will often be different from one alloy to an other..
I'm not exspecting you to stay in the garage all the time, but I sent you an pm 2 weeks ago asking for this...

EDIT:
Seems like this forum didn't like a direct link to the picture so therefor use this:
http://forum.200sx-ogn.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42994http://rune-gtir.tripod.com/

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Rune_GTI-R said:
Seems like this forum didn't like a direct link to the picture so therefor use this:
http://rune-gtir.tripod.com/
The link says this...

Tripod's webpage said:
The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Tripod's Terms of Service. Please check out Tripod's Help system for more information.
Rune_GTI-R said:
I'm not exspecting you to stay in the garage all the time, but I sent you an pm 2 weeks ago asking for this...
Nor did that make any sence :roll:

However, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can at least get some measurements sorted

Last edited:

Rune_GTI-R

fubar andy said:
The link says this...
Sorry, forget about the tripod shit, use this instead:
http://forum.200sx-ogn.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42994

fubar andy said:
Nor did that make any sence :roll:

Of yes it does, try again ;-) :lol: Even though you are the tester for this product I don't exspect you to stay in the garage with your car at all times, just to be ready in case someone asks you to measure or to take a picture of something. But its been 2 weeks since I sent you the pm and still haven't got an answer..

fubar andy said:
However, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can at least get some measurements sorted
Very good :thumbsup:

MORF114

why cant you measure the distance from the face of the hub mounting point on the rim to the edge of the spokes andy knows how much distance there is between caliper and spoke with wheel on then compare it to your rim surely thats a bit simpler and easier?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Right, well I’ve measured what I believe is what you requested. Not sure if that’s going to help you at all?

Measurement No:1

Measurement No:2

Rune_GTI-R

fubar andy: thanks :thumbsup:

The original measures are:
dell to disc: 19 mm
caliper to disc: 32 mm

-> these calipers will need ca 20 mm more space between caliper and alloy
I have a 20-22 mm gap today (because of spoke-design) so this will be a tight fit, but will hopefully be ok without the use of spacers :-D

projectgtir

Has anybody got this brake kit under 16s, i know fubar andy has just wana know which other rims will go over without issue before i buy these 6pots

johnsy

Have you still got these breaks fitted Andy?

i was wondering if you ever tried the k-sport fast road pad?

iv got the 8 pot kit fitted to mine with ebc yellow stuff pads, i was going to give the new bluestuff one a whirl, but i picked up what i thought was a 'ds2500' but turned out to be the k-sport fast road pad(25quid),

chopper

So Andy...
What is your final thoughts?
What would you recomend people to spend there hard earnt cash on??

K-sport 6 port 286mm or Wilwood 4 port 280mm

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
They've been sport on!

For basically cheap AP rip off's they have taken a good hammering and stood up well.

There are plenty of pads out there to fit the caliper and if not, the standard pad that fits a 4POT AP caliper (yes 4POT!) fits perfectly.

I think a lot of people have moaned about them due to their cheapness, but they do seem to have stood up to the test and I've not had a peep out of them.

The discs have started to show signs of wear and cracking, but that's prob's down to the pads I've used and also I'm sure its not top quality metals used...

Personally, I think the 8POT kit they offer, look far too bulky and its over kill. I'd feel that the 6POT kit with a bigger disc should do the job fine...just not a fan of the 8POT kits.

I've not needed much customer service from Apex Performance, but I will speak to them soon about these discs and see what they say for spares, but over all service I'd say 7/10.

The kit I have is 6POT 304mm...depending on what you are doing with your car, I'd recommend the k-sport kit; purely down to a bigger pad so it will take more heat - if possible try and get a 304mm disc or bigger.

Apart from that, that's it :thumb: