spec / power output??

T

tro||

Fusion Ed said:
lI might possibly, just possibly know what I'm doing...
Heres a question directly for you then........

why exactly did alan go to get his evo's power fc map (which was your work) sorted by abbey motosport ?

F

Fusion Ed

I did some of the final maps he ran on, still have them on my pc, however Abbey asked if Allen wanted to put a sticker on his car, and in return put Allen on their dyno for a power run and high load tweaks. When your above 500bhp which Allen was, by some margin, its totally impractical and even dangerous to tweak that kind of power on the road. Its not a problem to get to about 90% complete, but you cannot create a top speed run extreme loading in anything other than those exact conditions. A rolling road is as close as you would get before heading to a track. (such as we did later at bruntingthorpe)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tro||

keep digging.. :lol:

you should give up playing tuner and start writing novels with an imagination like that :lol:

ashills

now now lets keep it nice abbey said did i want some dyno time i said yes please as any normal person would and me and dan at abbey looked over the map and did some power runs just so people know before we touched anything on the laptop the car made 400 at the wheels so we must have been doing something right

T

tro||

Fusion Ed said:
Nice effort..
feeble retort :roll: :lol:

forget the novel writing idea, stick with the dayjob...

what exactly is that now ?

P

pulsarboby

had to reply back to this post before i dissapear for a couple of weeks:-D

right ed!
i will go along with whatever you say, i hold my hands up and admitt i know very little about tuning / mapping as previously stated somewhere in this thread, hence why i was asking for a good tuner in the s/e region, and your name came up many a time by more than one person, which in my mind makes you the man for the job:thumbsup:

being a mechanic myself, i know what its like when someone has a little knowledge of a subject, but then believe in their mind that they know everything, as the old saying goes, ''a little knowledge is a dangerous thing'' and that in my experience is very true.

i hope you read this post! just to clarify that the job on my car is entirely in your hands, and you do whatever you think is best.
afterall if i was capable of doing it ''which im not'' then i would have done it myself in the first place.
i will only mess with things if i fully understand what im messing with, and i have 100% faith in your workmanship;-) :-D

T

tro||

pulsarboby said:
100% faith
people put faith in ed a few years ago only to be sorely dissapointed :roll:

must be great for his wallet, all the newbies about these days unaware of his money grabbing schemes of old :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

at the end of the day mr troll, you have to trust someone;-) or no one would do the job!
thing is, it doesnt matter whether you have a builder, mechanic, or a babysitter in!
theres always someone who wont be happy with there service! as they say you cant please all the people all the time! so you have to take the majoritys opinion!
and in eds case nearlly everybody through this site and people ive spoken too all seem to rate him, and he pmed me a price which i think is fair!

T

tro||

pulsarboby said:
you have to trust someone
well thats exactly what people did 2 years ago, almost to the day infact

as they say you cant please all the people all the time! so you have to take the majoritys opinion!
good old Ed didn't actually manage to please anyone at that time, infact the majority would've told you he was a robbing, lying, makes false promises good for nothing money grabbing twat :lol:

in eds case nearlly everybody through this site and people ive spoken too all seem to rate him,
thats probably because none of them were around or have forgotten the PTS rolling road day dvd that he was going to do a while ago. Before Ed decided to play tuners he was a film producer :lol: and producing films was his money making scheme at that time :roll:

The way i remember it was a fair few people paid good old Ed, the money he asked for upfront, to turn up at pts, film a few cars on the rollers and put together a nice dvd of the day. It wasn't alot of money from each member, £10 iirc, everyone glady handed over the money, eagerly waiting for the dvd of the day so they had something to remember it by.

anyways....

some time passed and no sign of any dvd ever appeared, people got the hump, and asked what was going on, Ed, who had all but vanished finally posted some bull cr@p excuses about how he was busy (spending the money he'd robbed off people no doubt :lol: me included ) and he was actually out of pocket for the day, despite the fact that it was actually his good for nothing self who had offered to film the ****ing thing in the first place for a small fee, which as mentioned everyone had been more than willing to pay, but he would uphold his promise and get the dvd done.

well here we are 2 years later with Ed being the best thing to newbies on this site since slice bread, no PTS dvd from October 2004 and no chance of anyone that paid him that money in good faith ever seeing it again, as most of them have sold up and moved on..

maybe i've got it all wrong and everyone else but me got their dvd ages ago and mine was lost in the post :lol: somehow i think not.

Ed Ralph, despite the newbies glorious impression of you, some of us have been around abit longer....you are a thief and a lying little twat that owes me and plenty of other people £10....any chance of it back ? :lol:

lets be perfectly honest...

Your only interest in this forum or anyother gtir site is as a means to an end to put money in your pocket...

JIMMYBACK

damn troll you really are on a mission the last few days arent you? i have met edd a few times and i get no such impression thats hes a thieving twatt as you so kinldy put it........... have you been drinking again? thats probbably why you need to abuse people:lol:

T

tro||

JIMMYBACK said:
thats probbably why you need to abuse people:lol:
its not abuse at all..

if you take money for something that you have promised, whether its goods or a service and nothing comes of it, thats theft in my eyes ;-)

if you people want to line the pockets of someone who's stolen and lied to members in the past you go right ahead...i'm done with this one

O

Odin

I've not met Ed and I've no real idea about his tuning abilities or lack of, But tro11 has made a valid point, One that I'd forgotten about to be honest........

Rob

F

Fusion Ed

Again as I said a very long time ago. This has been complete for many months, those who did pay (all 8 of them) I offered their £10 back for those who wanted - one replied. The rest who were prepared to wait did so and a couple for their disks, there rest I had no replies from and are still here waiting..

P

pulsarboby

well well! im a relative newbie, so ive no idea, i can only go by what people tell me in good faith!
obviously theres been a bit of a problem here, as i dont honestly believe that troll would make up wild accusations like these, without there being truth behind it!
perhaps ed would like to give an explanation!!!

only thing that gets me is:
why leave it till now to bring this to light, when there has been orders placed for probably thousands of pounds on a group buy 3071?
surely it would have been better to advise everyone of this matter, before orders were placed, instead of my silly little mapping job:? confused is not the word! ''completely baffled'' comes to mind!

O

Odin

I'm sure their will be no problem with the turbo's, I've delt with Allan before and have always been pleased with my stuff.....

Rob

P

pulsarboby

at the end of the day, i will go with ed, as i was'nt involved in all the goings on, and im not going to start or participate in a witch hunt on this fella.
and as far as im concerned! i just want my car mapped:roll: its not a big deal is it!

if ed does a good job on my car, then he will be praised for it accordingly and he will be recommended by me, as i may not know how to do it, but i do know when a car is running correctly and i do know a good or bad job;-)

i take people as i find them myself, and through my own experiences, and i do think a lot of people on this site should follow those guidelines and make up their own minds with certain things, instead of following the flock as all it undoubtedly will lead to in the end is a bitchy girlie backstabbing site that quite frankly wont be worth a light.

Although I commend tro|| on his 'witchhunt of principles', let's try and keep some perspective here. It was only a tenner ;)

I'd say let it drop.

F

Fusion Ed

Pulsarboby, you wont be disappointed. As much as the few would like to discredit my work and myself personally (you know your going the right way when people go to these lengths) the fact still remains is that what I do _does_ work, you will find this as have so many other people.

Weather they want to believe it or not, time and time again the cars I have worked on have performed very well, several times pulling the best dyno figures on club r/r days etc.

The GTi-R world is a harsh one for tuners, even more so very small ones like myself, and in every industry you get people who will go to all kind of lengths to disprove and discredit what others do, its no different here. Ultimately however so what? You may know of the saying no such thing as bad publicity and all that, and ironically as a result I have had many more enquiries than usual this week, I believe as a result of threads like this.

Finally since it was brought up again, IF anyone here didn't get that old r/r dvd, and wants it send me a pm, if your on the list of paid for (which I still have) I'll get them sent out to you. Since it took so damn long to do it would actually be nice if people saw it.

O

Odin

I think that Ed has handled all this flack with very good grace and has answered all the question's asked of him, As bobby said I take as I find also and have no experience of Ed's mapping abilities, The only thing I know for sure is that Steve is very happy with his car and thats all I can go on.....

Also everybody makes mistakes in thier life, me included so I think we should just let the DVD rubbish drop now...

Rob