spec / power output??

P

pulsarboby

beat me to it! i just found this on hks site

SPEED LIMIT DEFENCER.

The HKS Speed Limit Defencer (SLD) is an electronic item designed to combat a vehicles top speed restriction that some vehicle manufacturers impose on their cars. Very easy to install the SLD is attached to the cars wiring loom and adjusts the vehicles speed sensor signal to fool the ECU into believing it is actually going slower than it is.

P

pulsarboby

and heres what they say about a fuel cut defenser

Fuel Cut DefencerElectronics TechnologyVehicles Produced Between: 90/8~94/12
Engine Type: SR20DET
Part No: 4501-RN003
Model No: RNN14

Type H
Fuel Cut Defencer

The HKS FCD is an electronic device developed to appropriately raise the factory fuel cut level on factory turbo charged vehicles. The factory fuel delivery cut off can often be activated by modifications such as the Super Power Flow Kit and Super Drager exhaust systems, these kind of products are designed to optimise engine performance. As a result of this kind of performance optimisation the factory fuel cut can often be triggered by higher boost levels. The vehicles standard factory ECU will activate a fuel delivery cut of as a failsafe, designed to prevent engine damage. Symptoms of fuel cut can be hesitation, bogging and/or illumination of diagnostic indicators. The electronic signal from the FCD will raise the fuel cut level to accommodate for additional boost without triggering fuel cut and/or engine diagnostic light. The FCD is designed to interface with the factory ECU harness.
*Important: Due to the nature of this product, higher than recommended boost levels may be attained by the installation and use of the FCD. This could result is severe failure to your vehicles engine or associated parts. HKS Europe Ltd. Strongly advise that this product should only be fitted and set up by an experienced technician.
Click here fitting instructions £95.00

A

AJ4

and like I said, its a blatant lie, our boost sensor is not connected to the ECU in any way and the ECU doesn't have a boost cut circuit built in. Its false advertising and they should be taken to court for ripping people off.

Nigell_d6

AJ4 said:
I have graphs to prove it from a data logged pulsar showing the AFM maxing out but the injectors still happily firing away, as do many other people.
Wouldn't be from that white one I know by any chance:lol: :lol:

Nigel

P

pulsarboby

still think of plenty i havent got! everything in that spec is fitted or waiting to be fitted;-)

A

AJ4

I forgot about your logs Nigel, and I've just been looking at them:oops:

Oh well, another one without a fuel cut :thumbsup:

O

Odin

Mine is a 1994 which is the last of the pulsar's, And I've never needed to fit one of these wonderful devices :roll: :? ....

But if HKS say its needed who am I to disagree :oops: :roll: ....

Rob

geoff pine

As this is a subject that comes up now and then i did ask a well known tuneing company how this worked.As when i said no it does not and if they were that sure it would work would they like to explain how on the gtiroc . they declined but said why would hks say it would if it was not true.( Nice bit of editing rob)

A

AJ4

HKS make the same model FCD that fits on hundreds of Jap cars, its universal. Obviously the person at HKS who compiled the list of every jap car he could possibly think of didn't bother his **** to find out that Pulsar ECU's dont have a fuel cut....

GINGA

AJ4 said:
no, a speed limit defenser is necessary. The cars leave the factory in Japan with a fixed speed limit of 112 mph.

The SLD removes this limit so you can drive at any speed, its the opposite to a rev limiter.
The limiter isn't removed, its changed from 180kph to 180mph ;-) well at least it is when you fit a kph to mph converter, that is the most common way.
iirc they also do the speed limit defencer which fits between the ecu and the speedo, that probably works in the same way as the fuel cut version, but your speedo will still be reading in kph. Wonder how many tuners would try selling you a speed limit defencer aswell as a kph to mph convertor :roll:

P

pulsarboby

GINGA said:
The limiter isn't removed, its changed from 180kph to 180mph ;-) well at least it is when you fit a kph to mph converter, that is the most common way.
iirc they also do the speed limit defencer which fits between the ecu and the speedo, that probably works in the same way as the fuel cut version, but your speedo will still be reading in kph. Wonder how many tuners would try selling you a speed limit defencer aswell as a kph to mph convertor :roll:
thats a good point!
i hold my hands up and admitt i bought one of these s/h (luckily not a lot of dosh) but mine is already converted to mph, so i dont need to fit this gizzmo do i? as it should already be derestricted!

A

AJ4

GINGA said:
The limiter isn't removed, its changed from 180kph to 180mph ;-)
, yes, very true, its not unlimited.

No Boby, you dont need one of each, however, its possible to wire up a speedo one so that it only changes the speedo signal and doesn't effect the signal going to the ECU. Ie, it could read in mph but still be limited to 112 mph.

F

Fusion Ed

woooah Ok i have only just read this thread.

Have to put a few things straight however. As soon as you have e-manage you need NO other form of fuel device on the car - period.

Infact I wont even work with a car that has other things interfearing where they will only detract from what I am trying to achieve, its possible to keep the safc on for the pretty lights, but you definately wont have it actually doing anything other than monitoring! :)

Hope that clears things up abit!!

T

tro||

AJ4 said:
Why do you have an Emanage as well as an SAFC ?
pulsarboby said:
haha good question aj!
ed said that it was more mappable
:doh: :lol:

with statements like that being flung around its to hard to resist a good c**ting off :thumbsup: :lol:

F

Fusion Ed

lol, People never think to ask something directly to the people involved and instead highlight pages of something totally obvious, and therefor create rumours about rubbish in the process.
You would think that with around 50 e-managed cars under my belt in the last two years, I might possibly, just possibly know what I'm doing...