spec / power output??

P

pulsarboby

i was gonna fit my newly built engine back in my tubby mobil (as i call it) today, but its teaming down with rain:sad:
anyway i just wondered what you fellas think the rough bhp will be with the total spdc listed below, as their must be someone on here with a similar sort of spec!
anyway here we go:

weisco 87mm forge pistons with teflon skirts
arp rod bolts
shotpeened rods
all new uprated shells
lightened, balanced crank and flywheel
rps 6 paddle clutch
278 piper wild cams
new springs and valves
ported and polished head
stainless multibranch exhaust manifold
1.2 hks head gasket
hks lightweight crank pulley
a/c removed
oil catch tank
mocal oil cooler
rebuilt t28 with 360thrust running between 1.2 and 1.4 boost
walbro 255 pump (in tank)
swirlpot high pressure, housing another walbro high powered pump
adjustable fuel regulator
700cc sard injectors
cold plugs and magnecor lead set
ss blaster coil with resistor
z32 afm
blitz induction system
bailey dv
fmic cooled with aquamist
straight through big bore stainless exhaust
e-manage and safc electronic fuel and boost controllers
hks speed limit defenser

all mapping will be carried out by ed at fusion motorsport.
the car will be stripped of all unneccesary weight. still to be fitted are a full rollcage, big brakes, coilovers, more gauges, push button start, safety cut off devices, plumbed in fire extinguishers, snapoff s/wheel, brake bias valve, strutbraces, bumpsteer kit, polybushes, graphics etc.
the car will either run on 16''s or 17''s im yet to decide!
althougth its being built as a curcuit car, this car will still be road legal with tax & mot.
im really itching to get it finished now to see what she can do on track!

so what do you think chaps, what sort of bhp do you think my little tubby mobil will produce???:thumbsup:

neil240z

an impressive setup but your being restricted by the engines true potential due to the turbo.

i would say 360bhp at 1.4

though with a 3071 running 1.8 bar would prob be abt 450hp and a slighty bigger turbo with external wastgate would probably close to 500

get ya wallet out!

regards

Neil

Last edited:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I'm with Alan... 340bhp really... T28 with 360 thrust washer doesn't really get you more than 340bhp... Loses its efficiency over 1.5bar really...

Rishi

rayman75

im at 334 on std tubby, on 1.2bar. you should get a good torque figure. but your in good hands with edd.

theres a RR day in november could find out then mate. i see you have put your name down for it.

P

pulsarboby

yep i will be up for that, just to see what it does out of curiosity!
i could up the boost more, but theres a fine line between reliability and power, especially with half hours racing flat out at a time.
im hoping to make up in handling and braking what may be lacking in raw power!

none the less the power to weight ratio should be quite good with car stripped out.

P

pulsarboby

haha good question aj!
ed said that it was more mappable, but if it can be done with the safc's then will it need to be fitted!
i know nothing about mapping so im just going with what im told is best!

A

AJ4

well the Emanage replaces the SAFC and a lot more besides, and the Emanage is completely mappable, so I'm not sure how you can make it 'more' mappable... I'd look into that if I was you, unless Ed can supply an answer ?

T

tro||

a piggyback on your piggyback :?

that means your ecu is having a threesome :lol:

You should go the whole hog and stick an ITC in there aswell, make an orgy of it :lol:

P

pulsarboby

il just leave it up to ed! i have fuel and boost controllers fitted at the mo, but i also have an emanage.
if it can be fully mapped on the safc's then there will be no point in the emanage.
perhaps ed will explain to you what he means, as ive probably got it all wrong!

but troll! if i have a threesome, the little buggers will be too busy having fun piggybacking and humping, and my car will run like a bucket of poo! surely you know that! and on top of that itc's only have small apertures and tiny diodes, what fun is that gonna be for the others eh !

A

AJ4

you should be ripping out the SAFC if you have an emanage because they do the same thing thing, expect the Emanage is 3d mappable ( and obviously better ).

T

tro||

AJ4 said:
you should be ripping out the SAFC if you have an emanage because they do the same thing thing, expect the Emanage is 3d mappable ( and obviously better ).
safc has pretty lights :wuss:

P

pulsarboby

pretty lights or power! hmmm, now i really dont know what to do?