Raising the compression?

davey red.r

:? are you on about buying a one? or you have one, and you want to know where to have work done on it.
oh and its quaife.

davey

Last edited:

ricey

buyin one
its just my car needs a new clutch and as just wounderin what sort of price they are .

as there seems to be a few on here who has them i just fort i would ask and save wastin a phone call:roll:

Last edited:

davey red.r

i paid £1800 for mine 18month ago,2nd hand,
you will be paying a lot more to buy the gearset new then the tricky part of fitting it,
get one 2nd hand with lowish mileage,
they come up for sale but not often.

davey;-)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
NEW

£3200 - Fully built Quaife with every Nissan part replaced (Bearins, Baulk Rings etc..). Some machine work required.

£2500 to £2700 - Quaife gearkit fitted using the current gearbox parts. Some machine work required.

£2000 - Quaife Gearkit (£1699 +VAT)

2nd Hand

2nd Hand Quaife Box - £2200 to £1800

ricey

well it looks like ill just be changin the clutch for now then untill i know for defo im keeping the car!

thanks for the info guys

Last edited:

nathan

speedo

hello need some ideas basicly i put a new engine and box in recently and the speed doesnt work every thin seemsto be pluged in. :der: ideas please cheers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's on top of the transfer case isn't it?
I think it's got one bolt holding it down, and an O-ring or two making a seal. It should just wiggle out once the bolt is un-done.

It has a grey plug with two pins if that's any help.

dencon

engine change

Rebuilding my crashed hillclimb car. put my engine and box into donor car stripped down to shell and loom only.abs and air con all removed. laser alarm removed and I believe all messed up wires repaired. fitted my epexi fc, fuel pump now working, starter and ignition now working.engine spins over but when fuel pump is connected the engine will not start and seems to hydraulic on one cylinder, can anyone help. cheers den.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check your injectors as one may be knackered.

Do you know for certain it's fuelling? ie do you have a spark?

antgtir

Trace the wires you have changed and see if any loose connections or breaks.

Check fuses for any blown when initial power was re introduced.

Make sure ECU isn't blown.

Check pump is connected correctly and actually pumping.

Check fuel is getting to cylinders.

Check spark to each cylinder. (Leads, plugs, rotor arm, cap etc etc)

Good luck,

Ant.

dencon

Ant. my crashed car was a rb model nismo no 10. does anyone know if the wiring is the same as a standard road car.I have ckecked fuses as there is only 3 or 4 that I need on a fully mod car used for hillclimbs only. cheers den

noriek2003

you dont have the reverse light plug and dizzy cas plug round the wrong way do you ?

easy mistake to make, they're the only 2 plugs that you can get wrong and will allow the car to turn over but not fire.

although re-reading your 1st post you are saying its getting a spark which it obviously wouldn't if the above was the case...