Raising the compression?

M

Mr Overboooost

if its a 4" inlet you will need a 25mm spacer flange and longer cylinderhead studs .
even with all this you might still have to grind a corner off your gearbox and block as you have to think about the thickness of the hose aswell.
you will also have to buy 2 200sx gaskets aswell because they are the metal ones which are about £30 ish each.
if you want anymore info give us a call on 07711834978 as i still have a flange left over from mine plus the hose and some studs but no turbo cos that thieving twat from hiteq nicked it.
p.s no slander issues here cos the company no longer exists and the person who used to own the company has done a runner abroad.

Gav_Kara

my gt2871r is 3" intake with a .60 inlet side and a .86 a/r exhaust side..
easy to fit really use 2 or 3 manifold gaskets or skim a bit from block if u fancy..
you need to manufactor ya actuator arm and the oil return pipe holes need adjustment..
i,d advise though u buy a tubular manifold and braided oil feed and water lines..

STEVEN878

where do you get the oil return pipe and braided hoses? can you buy a fitting kit or is it all got to be custom made? planned on putting a few toys on the car soon just not sure where to get most of it. trying to stay clear of fleabay and hks.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
STEVEN878 said:
does anyone know what siza the gt2871r inlet is?
the 2871 and 3071 garrett turbo's come with either a 2.75" or 4" inlet, the 2.75" version is a straight swap and fits perfectly without ANY mods, the 4" version is a pain in the ass to fit (without any benefit to performance and looks like a complete hash up once fitted)

STEVEN878

car is running forge motorsport dump valve, 5zigen cat back, de-cat pipe, magnecor 8.5mm ht leads iridium plugs, fmic, blitz air filter and got an apexi avcr to fit.

im looking at getting a dp manifold, gt2871, 13 row oil cooler kit, sard fpr, sard 700cc injectors, 3 inch turbo elbow and downpipe, filter relocation pipe z32 afm, uprated clutch, oil catch tank and another uprated walbro pump since my other one seized on me:( will there be anything else i will need to get the turbo to run properly at about 1.1 bar of boost and somewhere between 300 and 350bhp or is there any other parts that people would suggest i use instead of the ones listed?

Gav_Kara

STEVEN878 said:
where do you get the oil return pipe and braided hoses? can you buy a fitting kit or is it all got to be custom made? planned on putting a few toys on the car soon just not sure where to get most of it. trying to stay clear of fleabay and hks.
hose solutions do braided mate thats where mine came from..
my gt2871r is 3 inch intake see link http://www.gt3turbo.com/Merchant/product.php?productid=4&cat=0&page=1

im running mine on a bar at mo cos still got to sourse a z32 and some 700 injectors then just a fine map up

Gav_Kara

there a good site i bought my 2871r a month a go got it in sale for 640
there only based in nottingham if thats near you at all??
i got mine all fitted in a few hours so dont worrie about it too much!!!!

STEVEN878

i live in scotland 15 mins from edinburgh so its pretty far away. not worried got as long as i want to sort it out since its now my new project car:)

STEVEN878

think ill be finding me a 2.75 inch inlet gt2871 if there is no benefit in performance. dont really want to run anymore than 350bhp at the moment so the 2.75 should be more than enough. was driving my mates 385bhp sapphire and when it came on boost it was wild so thought similar power to him in the r will be crazy.

STEVEN878

looks like a nice piece of kit. jst done the heater matrix on my car hopefully that will be it running right now and ill get to start tuning it now.

L

levin

engine vin

right lads (& lassies ?)
i need to find the engine serial identification number or something like that :lol:
i've looked at the spot shown by this manual http://www.gtirworkshopmanual.com/default.aspx?v=28 and thought i could see SR20 so rubbed there with some sanding paper and it does say SR20 but nothing else than that :doh:
i've taken a pic which is here :

am i looking in the wrong place, or has the number been "erased" somehow ?
before you'll all start taking the piss, i need that number because the MOT monkeys want to see it before i can register the car over here (and i'm obviously NOT in the UK)
any help appreciated peeps !

cheers

jjs

hi thats where the number should be, unusual for the mot tester to look at the engine number i thought it was only the vin number on the chassis and vin plate ?

L

levin

erm then my engine number has gone :shock: WTF
well as stated i'm NOT in the UK, so different MOT rules :sad: