Raising the compression?

Should be ok buddy, think the synchro between 1st and 2nd has disintigrated as you can select them but nothing happens lol.
But eventually got ma finger out the day and started stripping the beastie for its rebuild!!

K

Kolyaness

how to check the transmission fluid level and add

i wanted to take a look at the level of the tranny oil but not sure how
i found one reservoir that im guessing is it but its in japanese so... lol

G

GTIR_SLEEPER

cant get 3rd or 4th gear

:doh: hi guys

after my car has been off the road having a new head i got it back on the road 3 weeks ago yeah baby!

yesterday i was driving around like a puss puss and the car got stuck in 4th gear. i got my chum out to have a look and he managed to get it out of gear.

but ever since i cant get it into 3rd and 4th and i really dont want to change the gearbox

some one please come back to me and say that they had it happen to them and all i have to do is tighten a nut and twist a bolt!!!!!!

if not then some hints and tips bout how to change the box maybe how to do it without takeing the engine out

please help

cheers

davey red.r

you can get a box for around £300
but a few weeks down the line this could happen again.
unfortunatly its a lottery with these cars,
the box could be the original if so 17yr aint bad eh.

davey

RU55 GTR

I'm looking to do the same. So there is no reservoir or level indicator? Anybody know as to how much fluid it holds?

Is there a conveinient fill point for the transfer box too? I hoping it's not a case of hving to drop the lot to check levels and fill it up?!

Any help that could be given would be appreciated!!!

Cheers! :)

MORF114

If you take the drivers side front wheel off and look at the end of the transfer box that is where the fill hole is for transfer box.

If you refill with a oil like redline heavy which is pretty thick leave it for 5-10 mins each time it weeps out the fill hole then add some more till it comes out every time you add more then its full.

I think gear box is 4.7l and transfer is 1. something cant remember exactly.

Always best to take of the fill plugs before you take of your drain plugs just incase you cant undo your fill plug after you've dumped your oil then your ****ed and you cant move your car.

RU55 GTR

Thank you for all your help!

Just to make sure I'm going in the right direction, which drain plugs do what? To verify, I'm changing my gearbox oil.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Cheers! :)

johnsy

slipping clutch after recon gearbox FITTED

AS above,had a second hand recon&shotpeened box fitted about 9 weeks ago. i had to garage my R cos i couldnt afford to insurance it aswell as buy another box + fitting, so some weeks have gone by and i eventually got it insured last thursday:thumbsup:
BUT my clutch is slipping, i had a brand new exedy organic fitted back in jan by the same mechanic, im, led to believe that it cant possibly be worn already, its done 10 launches and covered less than 5000km's , iv been on exedy webpage and this is exactly the symptoms im having
Engine revving when power applied during acceleration / will not transmit power. Evidence of oil contamination on cover assembly.

Symptom :

Clutch cover pressure plate assembly contaminated with oil.

Cause :

• Repair oil leaks.
  • If re-using a cover that has been contaminated with oil degrease the cover assembly and lightly lubricate diaphragm pivot rings before reinstalling with light base oil.
now my question is were do i stand with regards to having the problem fixed under warranty with garage.That is of course that i have diagnosed problem correctly??????

cheers johnsy

antgtir

I would have said the same thing as in the diagnostic.

Ive not had great running with the excedy clutch so not a fan of it tbh, however like you say it shouldn't be doing that.

With regards to were you would stand on the sorting under warrenty, i wouldn't hold out any hope these guys are slippery buggers lol. You may end up saying meet you half way on the labour.

Should be a relatively simple job to carry out once the box is off.

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

i can tell you what will happen!
the garage will say that the clutch is at fault or the box you supplied or your rear crank oil seal is leaking!
now if you supplied the clutch and box then they will want paying to remove and refit it, as they will not admitt liability for any faulty workmanship.

heres the thing though! 'they may well be right' unless someone has wiped a load of oil from there hands around the drive plate IT SHOULD NOT SLIP! the clutch will either work or wont work so it must have been installed correctly in all fairness to them.

unless they could physically see an oil leak (which should have been pointed out to you at the time of fitting) i honestly do not believe they can be held responsible for what has happened, so you may have to foot the entire labour bill again.

if the clutch is found to be at fault then you will have to take it up with whoever supplied it and go for a warranty claim (including labour costs incurred by you) very very hard to get money out of these people though as they could say that clutch has been mistreated and they wont payout.
good luck anyway.

johnsy

cheers fella's ,iv got a bit of history with these so called experts, do you remember my thread about them not tightening my sump properly after a service , it suffered from big end shell failure some 30 mins after picking it up which they did fix under warranty EVENTUALLY(3 MONTH)

YOU ASK WHY I KEEP GOING BACK well simply just incase anything happens again i dont want to void the ramainder of my warranty.but this is the last straw,im not even gonna bother asking im just gonna go some where else

rams_pulsar

bit more power wanted....

Can someone please advise me on what to do next to my pulsar for a few more bhp..at moment its supposedly 280bhp and running around 1bar i think, it has a apexi afc(early one), full mongoose system, hks front mount, apexi induction kit, sard rrfpr and one of them shite ebay manifolds even tho its not doin too badly for me at present
I was thinking about a different turbo of some discription just not sure which one and also is there anything to be gained from fitting a different elbow??

thanks in advance!8)

Last edited:

EVOBAD

well strd turbo will be fine for 330bhp
uprated fuel pump
clutch
not alot of gain from elbow but every bhp counts
uprated brakes
suspension
etc

rams_pulsar

sorry forgot to mention the fuel pump it already has an uprated jobbie,...so wud you just up the boost a little more an obviously get it set up to suit?? on coilovers already matey:thumbsup: brakes??? i thought pulsar dint hav brakes(thats wat i feels like anyway)??? thats wat the gearbox is for isn't it ha!!