Raising the compression?

EVOBAD

:lol: :lol: as in another add mate get a good boostcontroler then get it maped for 1.2-1.3bar it will be compleatly diffrent car:thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
EVOBAD said:
not alot of gain from elbow but every bhp counts
Have you ever looked inside our standard elbow and how restrictive they are?

Having a 3" elbow and down pipe is a must for optimised flow and future modifications
;-)

EVOBAD

fubar andy said:
Have you ever looked inside our standard elbow and how restrictive they are?

Having a 3" elbow and down pipe is a must for optimised flow and future modifications
;-)
as stated every bhp counts:mong: :thumbsup:

rams_pulsar

so where do i get one of these 3" elbows from then anyone got one for sale???
just won a blitz boost controlller of t'old ebay so i'll be getting it re setup running bit more boostage!!!

snoon

as stated 'not alot of gain from elbow but every bhp counts'

There are good gains to be had - about 20BHP.

Mine was custome made for £260 ish

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
snoon said:
as stated 'not alot of gain from elbow but every bhp counts'

There are good gains to be had - about 20BHP.

Mine was custome made for £260 ish
Is there any conclusive evidence on that? I know mine made a good diffrence to spooling and better flow.

Trondelond

fubar andy said:
Is there any conclusive evidence on that? I know mine made a good diffrence to spooling and better flow.
I'll (hopefully) show you the difference in a couple of weeks, went from OE elbow/2.5" exhaust and ARC TMIC to 3" AM Performance turboback exhaust and a Forge FMIC recently. I figured I'd take the car on the rollers soon, just to check everything is in order. :)
Stay peeled for updates on my project thread, in between all the useless posts. :)

Sam_M

The difference between Input shaft bearing and clutch release bearing noise?

Just wondering if there is a way to tell if its input shaft bearing going or release bearing before the box comes off.

Reason I ask is, if I let my clutch out quickly I get a rattling noise, and if I let it out slowly you can`t really hear any strange noises, just the engine injectors ticking away. (with a quiet exhaust too)

The box was put on back in March and its known to be good, feels great, but this rattling does annoy me, and im thinking its all gotta come out again soon. :cry:

On my old box which was on its way out, if I pulled out of a junction at full pelt in first it will crunch slightly when changing to second, the new box did exactly the same the other day unless I change really slowly, so im guessing its got to be clutch issues. The clutch is a Helix Organic and has been on the car for about 4 years with I would say around 25k under its belt. Ive never actually launched the car either.

Any thoughts would be great

Cheers
Sam

GTIR-LOZ

so you changed the gearbox but did not change the 4year old clutch as well?

could be the clutch but you would think it would do it in every gear probably more like the syncros in the gearbox

release bearing is when the clutch is depressed the input shaft bearing is when the clutch is engaged

if its rattling it might be the springs in the pressure plate have worn the pressure plate down and are rattling when i took my old helix out some of the springs had a lot of movement in them (but it never rattled)

STEVEN878

gt2871r fitting

now that the r is back up and running im thinking of boosting the power as it now a weekend car:-D im just wondering how hard is it to fit the gt2871r? is it alot harder than buy a dp motorsport manifold, turbo and downpipe? if it is harder what else would i need to buy and what modifications would have to be carried for the turbo to fit nicely in front of the radiator?

L

luke_gti-r

gearbox?

been told i might have quaiffe gear set in me box,

was wondering what to look for when the box is taken off and opened? i mean..... will it have the name on it or will it look the same or what?

also, do i need any special tools to open it up or just normal tools like socket set etc?

davey red.r

the teeth on the coggs should be noticably bigger than standard,
box should have a subtle whine whilst in motion,
if its quaife.

davey;-)

L

luke_gti-r

my box is very noisy at the moment as the bearings are f*cked lol,

and i dunno how big the normal 1's are soo.....any way I would be able to tell??

L

luke_gti-r

Jonesy said:
If you have a search around im sure people have posted pictures of their quaife gearsets before.
cheers mate, looked on the net but wasn't 100% so rang quaife, they said it should have their name on it, if not send a pic to them and they'll tell me

B

budd

a GT2871R is the same size with the same fittings as a T28 so should fit in the std location with no problems, I fitted one to the SX I've just sold, it fitted exactly the same as the stock T28. I'm new to the GTI-R world so I may be wrong if so I'll stand corrected . The Gt2871R is great turbo BTW . The only mod required is to the oil return pipe and this just needs the mounting holes elongating, of course you'll need to change the fueling to suit the extra air flow at a given boost pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVEN878

im not sure this is why i asked. i read some posts on the search engine but only one i could find that was doing this was braveheart and it doesnt look that straight forward, for being the same turbo just a bigger compressor housing i think.