Racing the Pulsar

O

Odin

Good result Phil, Shame about the off but it could of been a lot worse i suppose.

Rob

P

pulsarboby

hard luck phil, but look at it this way, at least your pushing the car and yourself to the limits! and you dont know what the limits are untill you have an off;-)

but its good that you went back out there and kicked some butt, thats true dedication and that is what will bring you the results in the long run

no gain without pain so to speak;-) :thumbsup:

well done mate!

bracpan

Thanks lads, very much appreciated.. Next out in 2 weeks time in Pembrey. Should be all sorted out by then.
Cheers
Phil

bracpan

Had the car up on the lift today, nothing much to see, possible slight movement on one bush but measured the wheelbase and its less than 2mm out one side to the other. Body shop guy has seen new cars way over that.
I will still get it laser checked and corner weighted to see if I can get the handling better.
Cheers
Phil

bracpan

http://rhodopsin.co.uk/Other%20Sports/Loton%20Park%2019-05-07/Class%2003's/Class%203C/slides/Loton-07-05-19-0389.htm

This is what happens when you put a rear wheel on the grass,,,,ooops.

NISR227

Phil,

I am in S Wales (Tenby) next weekend for a flying vist in the Pulsar, which day are you at Pembrey for the sprints, Sat or Sunday?

I might pop over and watch you.

Steve

STU666V

Your lucky there was a bit of a run off!! And no trees.

Car looks good in the photos,
You will get her fixed ;-)

bracpan

yes realise now how lucky I was...I am in Pembrey both days, its a double weekend 2 sprints.
Cheers
Phil
PS hope I am more competative with the handling setup correctly. Fingers crossed otherwise its saving for more power ASAP

NISR227

Quality Phil, I will be there Sunday morning so I may come over to chat if you don't look too busy setting her up. Hopefully I can get some video too and host it here, cheers - Steve

bracpan

Opps I will have to be on my best behavier and keep it on the track...lol
Yes pop over and have a chat, look forward to meeting you.
Cheers
Phil

bracpan

practice is around 9-30, timmed runs are usually after lunch, but you never really now as it all depends on weather accidents etc. As for finish !!! You guess is as good as mine. Normally around 5.

NISR227

Phil, good to talk to you on the Sunday. I watched both your timed runs from the bank where I was parked in the afternoon, managed to video one of them but it didn't come out that well becuase at Pembrey the action was just too far away, not the most exciting place for a sprint to be honest. I could of video'd from the hairpin I surpose but I know you said you were having to back-ff due to the fuel issue on that corner.

Sounds like it was too far into Wales for a lot of runners and spectators to come to.

I heard the time of 58.3 (I think) on the first run, was your second faster, and how did you compare with the other road cars (and that scoob)?

cheers

Steve

bracpan

Got down to a low 57 on the second run with the boost turned up and more fuel in. The Scoob did a low 56. Dam it..was less than a second in it. I have been in the high 56's last year when it was warmer and with a bit more grip. I definatly need more power now, as I feel its slower on the sraits than the scooby. I think he is around the 330bhp mark.. Car is handling better but due to the extra weight I cant gain on my times. Have to save my pennies for a visit to Ian...
Thanks for comming over, enjoyed our chat.
Cheers
Phil

PS I agree Pembrey isnt the best plae to see a Sprint, infact hillclimbs are better, places like Prescott and Shelsley are much better setup for the spectator.

Last edited:

bracpan

Epynt Hill Climb this weekend (Sunday), first time it has been run. Should be fun as a few Rally Drivers have entered.
Cheers
Phil

Jon Olds

First time out for mine was the Brit champ sprint at croft at easter. Next time out is the Turnbull trophy single venue tarmac rally at Albermarle, Northumberland.

bracpan

Had a reasonable drive at the new Epynt Hill Climb, its a great new event with a very quick and long hill. Only problem for me was the 2 tight chicanes, they were to slow for second gear as the car would not pull clean out of them and if I selected 1st the car was reving high and I had to then make an extra gear change when excelerating out of the corners thus loosing time.. Could do with a higher first/lower second or an engine that would pull from lower down... or both..
There is now no doubt that I will need more power for next year as the car is not any quicker than last year as it is. I also have some ideas for better aerodynamics on the car withing the regs.
Cheers
Phil
PS Den's Yellow Pulsar from down west won the class easily, shows what power will do for tha car as he has around 100bhp up on me, apart from that suspension, brakes etc almost identical.