Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

warringtonjack said:
Phil, where are you this weekend?

Or, is there website where I can find out the locations?
I am having a rest this weekend..knakered. Will be fitting a powerflex front gearbox mount.
My next even is Shelsley Walsh Sat 30th. Hope to god its raining as its a power hill.
Cheers
Phil

warringtonjack

bracpan said:
I am having a rest this weekend..knakered. Will be fitting a powerflex front gearbox mount.
My next even is Shelsley Walsh Sat 30th. Hope to god its raining as its a power hill.
Cheers
Phil
Is that Worcester? I'll be travelling down from huddersfield that day, so may well pop in.

bracpan

Yes it is West of Worcester. Pratice starts around 9-30, runs after lunch around 1 ish.
Hope to see you there
Phil

warringtonjack

Went to Shelsley Walsh yesterday and met up with Phil, good to meet up fella! He was trouncing the competition after the first timed run, had to leave before the second run, so I hope everything finished the way I expected it to. Took a quick vid clip of first a Noble, then the Pulsar, note the times. ;)

Apologies for the quality, it was taken on my N73 and it was battering down. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FyAFep3MY8

bracpan

Was good to meet you to, thanks for comming.
The Noble managed to jump 2 seconds on his last run !! Not sure if he had adjustable boost as his trap speeds were up as well, he was 95mph over the line and the most I could manage was 82mph....his approch speed to the bottom s was 10mph up on me so I lost out ( again) on pure power..dam it.
I ended up second (8 tenths behind) but at least I beat the Evo, Scooby and the Porker...if it had kept raining heavy I think I would have beaten the Noble as well but it was just a damp track for our last run, so he could use more of his power.
I am not to disapointed as I know he made the time on the strait and not the bends, suporse its not bad to push an expensive supercar with a 15 year old Jap hatchback..lol
Cheers
Phil O.
PS Anybody know of a good sponsor as I HAVE to have more power for next year?
PPS enjoyed the Vid well done.

Last edited:

bracpan

Almost forgot, I was the quickest car in the meeting over the first 64ft...2.25 in the wet and uphill...only a few bikes were quicker.

Cheers

Phil.

warringtonjack

Did you up the boost for the timed runs mate? Or did you stay at .9? Defo sounds like the noble turned his boost down to reduce spin. To be fair he was all over the shop on the runs I saw him have. Well done tho mate, where you next?

bracpan

Yes I ran 1.1 for the runs, so could not add any more for the final run. I was second still beat the others.
Was suppriesed that he jumped so much, specially with his speed trap times increasing. Was still a good result but a win is always better..
Cheers
Phil

bracpan

Not a bad weekend, had a first and second in the events, ( to be honest not a lot of opposition out).
I now have a very good idea on where to develope the car for next season. Will probably go down a wheel size to 15ins if we are allowed to use 1b tyres next year. I also MUST have more power as I am losing out on the speed trap times. Also think my gearbox is begining to make some funny noises just hope it will last for the final event, luckily have managed to borrow a trailer for that one.
Only have one event left in Gurston Down, Salisbury ( if I get an entree) in Sept.
Cheers
Phil

bracpan

I am now 1st in class in the Midland Speed Championship. Not sure if I can keep it until the end of the season as the money is running out but will have a good go.
Have a few events left will keep you informed.
Cheers
Phil

PS why has this been moved to Track days? Its a full motorsport events I take part in...