Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

I saw him on the weekend,,,mad car unfortunatly his G/B broke before the timed runs..shame as he was close to the record.,,,im glad he is not in my clas...lol

bracpan

Did the National Round of the British Hill Climb championship today at Shelsley Walsh, only had one dry run in practice then one wet and 2 wet runs today....won my class by over 1.5seconds...turning not a bad year. Im already fed up of bloody camping, my tow car was overheating slightly on the way home and the Pulsar did not restart as quick as usual, hope its only the battery...but Hey,,,thats life..lol
PS Stu the mad evo broke again...

STU666V

Well done Phil ;-)

I thought i seen Donald behind me when i was taking my car up from Martyn but he turned off and it looked like his car on a trailer?

Hope both of your cars are ok?

STU666V

I think Dave Adam had a gentle roll in his pug.
Les Mutch won his class.
Wallace Menzies won the second BHC runoff!
Lee Adams was 5th and 9th in the runoffs

Looks like there was a few Scots down?

red reading

Did the National Round of the British Hill Climb championship today at Shelsley Walsh, only had one dry run in practice then one wet and 2 wet runs today....won my class by over 1.5seconds...turning not a bad year. Im already fed up of bloody camping, my tow car was overheating slightly on the way home and the Pulsar did not restart as quick as usual, hope its only the battery...but Hey,,,thats life..lol
PS Stu the mad evo broke again...
It's all happening this year phil, and just to think you were considering selling the pulsar last year!

bracpan

Lol yes I almost got fed up with the car,,,it is definatly better on the Hills than the Sprints. I think I can still improve on the handling a touch but we will see...got no money to spend on it now until the season is over. Loton park next week...
Stu yes the place was full of Scotts...and a few Welsh..lol

bracpan

What a weekend I am not sure my old heart can take much more..lol
Practice was ok but they brought in another 3 Subaru's into the class and although I did some of my best practice times I was laying a close 4th. So I new the race was going to be tuff.
Sitting in my tent 7-30 on the Sunday morning the weather was fine, as I was eating my breakfast I could here the rain starting, within 5 mins it was soaking and so was my dam tent again..
We were given a 4th practice and after the run I was in the lead by 1.5 seconds, the rain got much heavier for the timed runs and most went slower,,,I went quicker so had a lead of over 3 seconds.
Final run was still very wet but less heavy rain my closest rival ( the Instructor in salon cars for this track) jumped 3 seconds to get within .5 seconds of my first time....but I also jumped 3 second to win the class by 3 seconds+.
It's the forth win in a row and probably my best of the year. I am now totally knackered and everything from my tent to my overalls are dripping wet...but very happy as I am now leading the class in the championship by a good margin.

P

pulsarboby

well done phil sounds like all the years of perseverance are finally stringing together:thumbsup:

bracpan

Thanks, its already been one of the best years I have raced so any more will be a bonus. Plus they are all national rounds/wins, thats even better.

bracpan

Bob I forgot to thank you for the advie on the injectors,,,the 660cc's are doing fine and still only running at around 75%...

bracpan

I suporse it had to come to an end...only managed a 4th on the weekend...dam heat much rather the rain...lol
Luckily only dropped one point in the championship to the nearest competitor so will hopefully be back on form for the next 2 Shelsley Meetings.
Have a few tweeks to try before the next meetings.
Phil

bracpan

I got a 2nd at the last Shelsley, was nearly half a second quicker than my pb so very happy, I also beat my nearest rival in the championship back to 3rd so things are looking good for the last 3 events..im leading now by 12 points.

MarkTurbo

Good effort Phil :cool: When is your next event?

I'm doing castle combe sprint next Saturday which I'm quite looking forward to.

bracpan

This weekend was a chance for me to win the class in the Midland Hill climb Championship...I must admit I was a touch nervous all week as I knew I only had to finish in front of my 2 nearest rivals to get it.....I started in my first practice with a time that was never beaten all weekend, and I just went quicker on every run. My first timed run was a personal best or 34 seconds dead,,dam anoying as I wanted a 33.99 ,,,So on my final run I made a good start only to be red flaged as another driver had nudges the bank..so I was brought back to do another run very quickly...this is normaly very off putting but I did not have time to think about it and launched the car as if my life depended on it...was runing on the very edge and overcooked the first part of the esses but kept on it hard and drove flat out to the finish to see a 39.93...personal best, class win and championship class win..Days ( weekends) like this only happen a few times when your raceing life...but whan they do its worth all the hard work..I would like to thank every body that has helped me over that last few years with help and advice ( Danny, Stu, Martyn, Bob etc etc) and all who have bought bits off me...I still have 2 events left in the championship so will have a bit of fun before the close of the season.