Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

I really must check my emails more...had a nice suppries the other night, I got presented with a large cut glass bowl for being first in class in the Welsh Sprint and Hill Climb Championship for 2010...as i had such an up and down season last year I did not follow the scoring after my G/Box died...
Many thanks to everybody that help me over the last few years, Danny, Martyn, Bob, Stu and Den and those who have had G/F parts.
Im almost ready for this season so fingers crossed its as good overall.

P

pulsarboby

keep up the good stuff philip and all the best for this coming season:thumbsup:

bracpan

I will be entering the Midland Hillclimb Championship this year, most of these are A class/National events run over 2 days on the 3 midland hills, Shelsley Walsh, Prescott and Loton park. Back with the big boys...lol

bracpan

I had the Pulsar re-mapped on Thursday, since the last time I have fitted a better exhaust elbow, blow off valve and a 20% bigger K&N filter, lucky I did have it checked as the car was running a bit lean so have had that rectified and turned the boost up a touch to 1.65bar.
Raced in Loton yesturday and did a Personal best for 2nd but as usual would have liked to be a touch quicker...was using 1B tyres for the first time and took a couple of runs to bed them in. looking forward to Shelsley in a few weeks and hope I can repeat last years run.

bracpan

Shelsley Walsh, What a weekend, rain, sunshine, wind, and thunder & lighting.....typical British summer..
I could not get into my stride because of the conditions and also had a problem selecting gears, going into 5th instead of 3rd. put a lot of pressure on me because of this.
After the first timed runs I missed gears twice on the run and was laying 2nd, two seconds behind first place. It was all down to the final run, I was last to run and tried to get myself into a right state of mind,
Then I made another mistake by watching the 1st place guy do a run 4 seconds quicker than his morning run due to the dryer conditions...this did not help
I made a reasonable start but was concentrating so much on selecting the gears I knew I was not as fast I as should be, but kept the run clean & tidy and once the final gear change was completed really gunned it for the finish. Result was I dropped nearly 7 seconds from my morning run and got 1st Place. Job done.
It's been a goal of mine to get a 1st at Shelsley for many years as this is the pinnacle of British Hill climbs and to do it at the National meeting is a dream come true.
Phil

MarkTurbo

Well done Phil, good result 8)

Its so frustrating when you select 5th instead of 3rd as it pretty much ruins your run, i've done it a couple times now :doh:

First hillclimb of the year for me at Wiscombe this weekend, i've got a feeling its going to be wet though!

bracpan

I will be making a better gate/stopper soon to make sure it never happens again....My bit of wood did the job for a while but its needs a proper solution now.

STU666V

Well done Phil ;-)

Not sure if it's good watching other times? Sometimes helps and sometimes not!

bermy

Brilliant stuff mate. You must be very deservedly proud of yourself. Keep it up and good luck for the rest of the season.

bracpan

Strange thing motor sport after years waiting to win a national I wim 2 in 2 weeks, i got a 1st in Loton on the weekend with a personal best 1.3 seconds quicker than a month ago...back to Shelsley in a few weeks with some real tuff oposition.

bracpan

Hopefully I can keep it up, fuel costs are crippling when towing to each meeting all 3 are 95 to 120 miles each way and my old 4 x 4 is doing 21mpg towing..gulp.
Thanks for the support
Phil