Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

Make it too strong and the shock is deflected up in the bumber and then the wings as I found out I Loton 2 years ago...If the front bumper was g/f it would have cracked and saved my wing from buckling....
Danny and Den have seen my car and thers no chance in the world im putting a bit of WOOD in my spoiler....it will be in G/F. Plus I cant make it to prominant. Might even base it on the Laguna spoiler with the addition of the undertray.

bracpan

Snob....Yes your right I want a car to perform not plough a bl**dy field....lol
Ill try and fallow the link...its a New GTR spolier and undertray that I think is perfect for what I need.
Cheers
Phil

P

pulsarboby

what about some upvc cladding its light, easily shaped, strong and cheap and surely a step up from a lump of ply:lol:

if you do knock some up phil il have one off ya but i dont want an undershield on it if thats ok

bracpan

Only one problem with upvc, glass fibre will not stick to it....to be honest the undertray is the easy bit and will be detachable so thats no problem...Its the shape of the actual spoiler thats the tricky bit, to make sure it can come out of the mould easy other wise its a split mould...not the end of the world but just a bit more of a fiddle.

Jon Olds

adding the comment about plywood ref got everyone thinking eh? Bracpan: I was only after a wind up, your panels are 1st class...(proven in competition..)

dencon

Phil. That looks great, but I would think its going to be a swine of a job making the mould. As I said before I have a bumper off at the moment that will not be required until next March, if it of any help.

bracpan

Den many thanks for the offer...but it will easyer to start to make the buck for the mould on the car so I can get the measurments correct. Once thats done the mould shouldl be easier but might be a 2 piece one...the undertray should not be relativly easy after the spoiler...will keep you informed.
Phil