Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

Ill be finishing racing at the end of September ,,,,ill have a week or so rest then start again....
I might finaly get around to doing the front wings and I fancy making some GF bumpers as well and hopefuly a front spoiler/spliter.
Thanks Bob, yes I got there in the end,,,i did take a while and like all sports a touch of luck does help, in my case the weather, those few wet events really turned the championship my way. Saying that I had my best result on Sunday and it was warm and dry....

vss irvine

infact, wouldnt it be in the interest of the gtiroc to send a bit of sponsorship phils way?

im sure we would all like to see his timed runs?

mr chairman???

bracpan

Lol thanks for the offers. I must admit for £200+ of my own money I rather spend it on something that makes the car quicker..
One of the blokes in our class has one and the pictures are relly amazing, would have liked to see my lasy run I dont think it was a smooth as the A4...lol I bit on the edge to say the least.lol
Love to see what a new GTR could do at Shelsey, one blew the record to bits in guston down hill climb.

bracpan

It does sound a good idea, and I would love to see my runs especially ones like the last run at Shelsley last Sunday.
I will be doing my own website soon so if I can attract just a bit of sponsership it would make all the difference for 2012...i have already done the costings for 2012...Gulp!!

MarkTurbo

I worked out the other night I've probably spent 2-3k already this year and that's with a few events to go yet! I managed to get a bit of sponsorship out of my sales manager at work which probably paid for a couple events but it soon runs out.

bracpan

Mark
Thats great to have an employer thats interested, i work for a large electrical generating company and they wont even feature me in the monthly news as what I do is not "GREEN".....they produce more pollution in one minute than I produce all year...hypocrit's or what?
I have just about managed for the past 6 years with nothing at all, i used to get loads when I run my Riley Elf Special Saloon, I dont even know who to approach anymore. Ill have to get my thinking cap on.

bracpan

I got my sixth win on the weekend in Prescott, was pushed on by a Scooby but managed to win by 1.5 seconds in the end. ( I was 4 seconds clear in the wet) I had the revs turned up my Indigo GT and the car flew.
Now the bad news, for a while now the car had been running rich on tic-over and just before the last run it was not idling and I had to keep reving it, the run was fine and I got the car back onto the trailer ok, but when i got the car home some 3 hours later it was running very bad, much to rich and popping and banging...I just manged to get it back into the garage. Its like it was if an intercooler pipe has blown off but I cant see anything wrong at the moment,,,,,Help any ideas as I only have 1 meeting left this year.
Phil

Mad

Hi Phil,

I have had some similar problems in the last couple of months and it turned out to be one of the injectors was not sitting correctly so had them resealed. Basically the car was idiling erratically and popping and baning. Try looking for air leaks around each injector sleeve.

The popping and baning returned after a month whilst running the higher boost setting and was running NGK BKR8EIX plugs. We did a series of tests and it turned out to be the plugs so went colder with NGK BKR9EIX and the problem was sorted, with the car feeling more responsive than ever.

I cant be certain but sounds similar and worth checking.

Hope it works out for you.

bracpan

Your not going to belive this but i have just been in the garage, checked a few bits over visually, then started the car up, was lumpy at first the settled down and is back to normal... !!!
I will take it out for a run tomorow night but I think its ok? Bloody cars. What I will do is check all the conections and ijectors as you said and also check that the intercooler pipes atc are all sealed and ok....as I only have the one meeting left I'm not goingoo to go mad.

Mad

Great news, make sure you let the car warm up fully as well after your checks to be sure :)

STU666V

Your on a roll Phil, Well done.

I had the same as you on the rollers and we tried everything, new maf etc and could not find anything Wrong!!
Was a way to load it on the trailer and notice my bottom FMIC blew off, well it blew off and went back on a little, So it was popping and banging then ok then popping and banging. Worth a check too? Maybe give your MAF a clean too? if you have one?