Oil advice and recommendations here

icecool70

Hi, how much for the Silkolene PRO S 10W-50 Ester Synthetic Oil supplied and delivered and is this the best oil for the gtir standard engine? thanks

johnsy

Wots the best oil money can buy,

standard engine bar acl shells running a bar boost, on standard tubby upgraded with journal bearings

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Hi, how much for the Silkolene PRO S 10W-50 Ester Synthetic Oil supplied and delivered and is this the best oil for the gtir standard engine? thanks
On special until tomorrow evening:http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57982 I think it comes out at ~£50 with the delivery on it, but seeing as it's not my business you'd be better off visiting the site and calculating the price of delivery for your basket.

oilman

It's absolutely ideal.

The 10w-50 is £38, plus £6.99 shipping for 5 litres. Use the code XMASTREAT and your members discount to get that price.

Cheers

Tim

brunt_star

Fluids change

Hi I have a 91 j plate pulsar. I am about to change the clutch and am wanting to do a full fluids change.. Engine oil, gear oil, transfer and diff..
Please could you tell me which oils are best to use?

Thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Engine+filter=3.7L 10w40 or 10w50
Rear diff 1L GL5
Transfer 1.5L GL5
Gearbox 4.2 GL4

You'll need 4L engine oil (unless sold in 5L containers) and 7L gearbox oil.
Front diff is in the transfer box and centre diff is in the gearbox.

Why are you recommending auto transmission oil for the transfer box? It's 80/90 ish.

olliecast

Why are you recommending auto transmission oil for the transfer box? It's 80/90 ish.

i had the same discussion when i ordered my last batch, but was assured that its the one reccomended for our transfer box on their database (even though the manual differs)

Not sure why there`s the front diff listed on their system because as you say fast guy, its in the box.

I put the fluid recommended in the transfer and it seems a fair bit thinner.

I have faith though :thumbsup:

cheers,
ollie

olliecast

I'd have thought Nissan knew best.:?
it was something listed for the skyline (just looked and the skyline transfer ain`t the same so dunno?)

Anyway, i`ll stop trying to remember and let the oil man speak

ollie

Last edited:

red reading

Why would you need autotrans fluid in the gtir transfer box? there are no clutches or anything,it is just a set of gears and a open(or sealed viscous) diff, so you will only need a gear oil such as 75/90 gl4/5.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Ah - maybe that's for the viscous coupling!?
I could see that it's a bit like a torque converter so ATF might be what you use.

olliecast

So i was supplied the atf quoted for my transfer box, are we saying this is right because of the viscous diff? :?