Helix or RPS

Helix or RPS

• Total voters
S

srbpower

lionel_drift_R said:
RPS F-U-C-KING RULE
Yes Lionel was the 1st GTiR owner in the UK to experience the RPS and has the most use and experience with it in the R.

ex-gtir

srbpower said:
ex-gtir said:
techni hd cover looks the same as rps cover

lol, think you'll find most covers look the same lmao
dont talk out your asse most covers dont look the same yes helix ap and nissan do because the cover (not the internal) is made in the same factory
i probally seen more clutchs than you had hot dinner :roll:

O

Odin

Does it really matter :?: :lol: :wink: I'm going to bang your heads together if you don't play nice :wink: And no pocket money for ether of you :lol: .

But as you say mike you may of seen one or two clutches by now :shock: 8) :wink: .

rob

O

Olly

Those rps clutches look alot like the orignal old skool AP formula kits, if they are being made by someone else good luck cos 1.3 bar abuse no launches and 2 years and my AP was dead. Without a doubt Helix everytime, never seen one fail a well made piece of kit not some mix and match clutch kit that might not last but hey we will see... I like my Helix, stronger clucthes = broken gearboxes and snapped off clutch pedals (if not supported with the bracket) :wink:

MarkTurbo

Olly said:
Those rps clutches look alot like the orignal old skool AP formula kits
I was thinking that the other day too Olly :? I thought Rps had just used the same cover plate and painted it blue :lol: They look different though :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

nothing like watching a new product go through the grinder :lol:

so how are you getting on with your' s Lionel? how longs it been fitted? and how' d you treat it? (as if i have to ask :twisted: ) ie have you tried hard launching it yet?

stu

S

srbpower

Now I've finished laughing at how Mike (ex) flies off the handle at stuff so easily :roll: and in answer to his statement, I very much doubt it Mike, as I've got at least 40 clutches sitting downstairs right now cos we're running low, with another 57 plus FW's on route as we speak, so unless you've been a clutch collector in a past life or something, that's a defo no, you haven't seen more than I've had hot dinners.

Now that's out the way, let me educate you to RPS's way.

RPS use their own Patented diaphram and pressure plate technology, sorry don't think I said that right, PATENTED. So if another clutch kit looks like an RPS, or an RPS looks like some other make, that's where the similarities end. They also manfucature their own parts, their rivets are made in house and are flattened (as opposed to leaving them as a dome) to allow more wear before hitting them. The fingers of the diaphram you may notice are in a different position to other manufactures kits, which enables the PP to hold it's clamp load for a longer period of time. The Pressure of the PP can be increased or decreased in 100lb increments so we can, for example, order a special MAX STREET or MAX PUCK with extra clamp load for more holding power.

Other than that, those who have the RPS in their car know what they're like and how good they are. This poll makes great reading for us since we only introduced RPS to the R's around July last year. Helix have been around a lot longer than that so we're glad to see we made such an impact so soon :!:

RC Developments
MA Developments
CPP Motor Developments
Amber Performance
Innovate Performance
Whifbitz
Miami GT
Envy Performance

Just some of the guys you will no doubt have heard of that run RPS and sell RPS.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

yep my R was the 1st to have the clutch , for the money its the best there is , f-u-c-k any of the other s-h-i-t out there ,

if theres any down side to the clucth it is that it dont like traffic , but what racing clucth duse( i dont no of any) ,

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
lionel_drift_R said:
if theres any down side to the clucth it is that it dont like traffic,
D'oh! I thought organic non paddle clutches were supposed to be pretty OK in traffic :? Can you slip it at all or is it on/off :?:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

hi fast guy ...........you can slip it but it a bit but not lots , are you geting one?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

lol.................when you put it in ay 1st it feelis like a paddle mate , my one did but ones you give it some miles it setls down and its not so hard ,

you realy love this clutch.

J

jiw

Mike, just chill, if the clutches are really harsh they will smash boxes, doesn't that make £££'s for you :wink:

i was in a toss up between the two and i chose the truly proven clutch for the R, fair enough i had a few teething problems when i first put it back together as the new flywheel and clutch didnt grip together well but after a few hundred miles the clutch is strong and is taking all i throw at it, has anybody really abused the RPS clutch yet i.e consecutive quarter mile runs and on the track? jeff.

Mark_GTiR

srbpower said:
Other than that, those who have the RPS in their car know what they're like and how good they are. This poll makes great reading for us since we only introduced RPS to the R's around July last year. Helix have been around a lot longer than that so we're glad to see we made such an impact so soon :!:

RC Developments
MA Developments
CPP Motor Developments
Amber Performance
Innovate Performance
Whifbitz
Miami GT
Envy Performance

Just some of the guys you will no doubt have heard of that run RPS and sell RPS.
err yeah....

G

GODZUKI

rps

I have the RPS one and so far it feels good and performs good
been in for about 1000miles now, so far so good. :p :p

ex-gtir

srbpower said:
Now I've finished laughing at how Mike (ex) flies off the handle at stuff so easily :roll: and in answer to his statement, I very much doubt it Mike, as I've got at least 40 clutches sitting downstairs right now cos we're running low, with another 57 plus FW's on route as we speak, so unless you've been a clutch collector in a past life or something, that's a defo no, you haven't seen more than I've had hot dinners.
ment fitted not just buying and selling aint a lot of skill in that is there :wink: :roll: and do you take everyone out the box to look at it
i actually thought you was probally the only trader worth any respect as you do it full time and have a proper buisness and advertisement not like the other idiot who make out they are some big concern and actually tin pot outfits or other one who ripe off guys who sort them out cars for breaking then welch on deals (you know who you are) but maybe i was wrong about srb
i never attacked you just said clutch looked like the techi clutch