Helix or RPS

Helix or RPS

• Total voters

Mark_GTiR

I know this may have been asked before....

But since the RPS kit is fairly new on the market - which do you think I should go for? My new egg credit card is about to get a beating!!!

They both work out about the same in price and I've been highly recommended to the RPS kit by SRB but I know a lot of you guys here like the Helix.

I went the with the majority when I upgraded my exhaust (to a goose - which I love) so what do you guys think?

Cheers
Mark

JIMMYBACK

i think when mine goes tit up im gonna gor for rps one i like the idea of 474ft bl being able to be put though it :D

pete-r

im going for the rps very shortly,so id say them.but if it doesnt handle the claimed torque ill be really :evil: .but it is a good deal.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have an RPS Max Street clutch on standby at the side of me. I just hope it's upto handling my 246bhp :p

I

Innovate Performance

RPS every time :D , had so fun with a helix :x so never again.

M

Mr Overboooost

helix has never let me down but i might try a RPS on next just to see if they are as good as people are claiming.

cheers
gary

ex-gtir

Innovate Performance said:
nothing like slateing a clutch you dont supply :wink:
i think i may well have fitted more clutchs than anyone else on here :oops: :roll: and have had no failures either be it ap or helix the only two failure were exedy
removed a few failed clutchs mostly standard or ones that have slipped in a few months due to being fitted to unskimmed flywheel not ones i fitted :D
mike

I

Innovate Performance

ex-gtir said:
nothing like slateing a clutch you dont supply :wink:
i think i may well have fitted more clutchs than anyone else on here :oops: :roll: and have had no failures either be it ap or helix the only two failure were exedy
removed a few failed clutchs mostly standard or ones that have slipped in a few months due to being fitted to unskimmed flywheel not ones i fitted :D
mike
Mike,
I did not slag of the helix i just said that i wont use them again.
Which is my choice,
If people want them fitted then fine we will fit them, but i will not supply them. This way i dont have to warrent a part i have no fath in.

I have my reasons the same as you have your with exedy, No manufacter makes parts which are perfect every time and you are going to get ones which are faulty that i except.

Also for your information we do sell them, We just dont advertise the fact and would rather use AP or RPS.

Thanks for your time.

ex-gtir

i have fitted at least 6 other exedy with no problems :lol:
fitted many clutchs lately :wink:
what the WE are you a large company now not someone working out his mums garage :roll:

S

srbpower

Not sure if you guys can see this without registering to the SXOC, try it
http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15479

and here's the email we got
Hi
Its dave from AWD Motorsport in Perth.Just a quick mail to say thanks for the RPS clutch for my Pulsar.I fitted it last week and was very impressed by the quality, pedal feel is good, heavier than standard, but bite point is controlable making it suitable for road applications, not a pain to live with.I had my car dynoed today, its putting out 419bhp with 449lb/ft torque with no signs of clutch slip.Please feel free to use my recomendations for this clutch kit, its the business!!!

heres my dyno plot.

Cheers
Dave
If you can't see the graph, it shows an output of 419hp and 449lbft. Dave's running an RPS MAX PUCK, rated to 550lbft :D

E

Edd

I did not slag of the helix i just said that i wont use them again.
If people want them fitted then fine we will fit them, but i will not supply them.
Also for your information we do sell them, We just dont advertise the fact and would rather use AP or RPS
nothing like a bit of contradiction :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

I

Innovate Performance

OK,
hows about we did sell them up untill last week. Then some things change my mind on them. Which i am not going to go into on the forum.

I was not slaging off a product that we dont sell, i was just saying we wont use them any more, and just pointing out the fact that we have used them in the past and just because we dont advertise somthing does not mean that we do not sell it.

This is the last thing i am going to say on this, as what we sell and dont sell and why is nothing to do with this poll.
If people want something that we dont sell then they will buy it from some one else.

Thanks

ex-gtir

OK,
hows about we did sell them up untill last week. Then some things change my mind on them. Which i am not going to go into on the forum.

I was not slaging off a product that we dont sell, i was just saying we wont use them any more, and just pointing out the fact that we have used them in the past and just because we dont advertise somthing does not mean that we do not sell it.

This is the last thing i am going to say on this, as what we sell and dont sell and why is nothing to do with this poll.
If people want something that we dont sell then they will buy it from some one else.

Thanks
worked on any metal wide arched gtirs in your 2 car garage lately and left the actuator hose off have we
why dont you tell everyone exactly what you are as a company trying to make everyone think your a big concern when in fact you are a tin pot outfit who has no facilities for engine building and farms everything out to other people people will see through it in no time like a few have already
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
and before you say about me and my work everyone knows i do it for the love in my spare time between work and ralling for a bit of pocket money to pay for the wifes crack habit
mike

turblio

I,ve got a Helix as fitted by mike about 18 months ago and it has taken up to
340bhp, am currently running 333 with 325 odd of torque and it has not slipped or played up, so happy with it really but if the rps is better I would fit one just have to see how it goes really :wink: :)
Frank

ex-gtir

hi frank get mr innovate to fit it and he can leave your actuator hose and carbon canister dissconnected for you lol :lol:

MarkTurbo

OK,
hows about we did sell them up untill last week. Then some things change my mind on them. Which i am not going to go into on the forum
If there is a problem with them :?: Dont you think it would be in the interests of other members to say what it is :!:

In all the time i've been a member i've never seen any problems with them and i reckon a pretty high percentage of members have them fitted :wink:

J

jiw

Oi, what about me, ive had problems with my recent clutch, it seems to be bedding itself in now mind :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

well the votes look pretty even, anyone with an RPS clutch care to comment?
the helix clutch is pretty much regarded one of the top replacments.