Car mapped today

skiddusmarkus

Took it the long drive down to Ed's at Fusion and after a bit of tinkering it was mapped on Surrey RR.As usual for me nothing went smoothly but at least it was no longer holding back at the topend like last time.Am 99% sure it was down to a poor air feed for the filter and the stepping down from 3" downpipe to 2.5" post cat exhaust system.That wasn't a problem this time as it had a full 3" exhaust and I'd tidied up the feed for the filter and got the problems with the actuator diaphragm on my gt3071 sorted.
The car had a misfire after 1.4 bar, so was only able to be mapped at that.Bit disappointed as was hoping for somewhere around the 1.8bar mark and 450ish bhp, but what it achieved on the day was very good for such low boost.It made 394bhp/350lbft on 1.4bar.

The power is still very strong at the redline, so still a lot left in the tank if I have the energy to get it mapped a 3rd time :p.Its very quick and still managed to get the 160 odd miles home on half a tank :).

M

markwashington

In Surrey! Just off the A3, although it's a bit of a roundabout way to get there.

Geo3

Mine made 350bhp at 1.1 but then clutch started slipping. I'm running a gt3071r aswell. I used Horsham developments and surry rolling road. I'm also looking at 450bhp

Perrin21

I'm more impressed with 160 miles on half tank. I returned home from Blackpool to Preston today and used that much. Great looking power graph though buddy. Looking good. Bet that thing flies

skiddusmarkus

Mine made 350bhp at 1.1 but then clutch started slipping. I'm running a gt3071r aswell. I used Horsham developments and surry rolling road. I'm also looking at 450bhp
Yeah, they do make good power on low boost.It made just over 290bhp on 0.9 bar and seemed to gain 20bhp from every 0.1 bar after that.My homemade heatshield and cold air feed worked well too, keeping the air filter very cool even after dozens of runs on the RR.

JIMMYBACK

when i have mine mapped by EDD many moons ago with a simliar Setup , i had the standard ignition, it misfired above bar
i believe it was just getting hot, check the HT leads too fella ;)

skiddusmarkus

Yeah, he tried a different set on, although they weren't new so could have been no better than mine.I'd found #1 lead had a rip in it last week so swapped it for a spare which I wasn't sure of.

Mad

It does sound like an ignition problem.

I have run with standard coil and Max Blaster on my car and to be honest, didnt notice any difference

The main difference I found is with the plugs. I had a similar problem to yours with misfiring at a certain boost level so put in some higher rated plugs and it made all of the difference. Not sure what plugs you are running but worth a shout.

Tim

When I finally get my car back is there any chance of a seat in the passenger side of this car?

I'd love to know what one of these cars goes like with 400 bloody hp I bet it's mental!

skiddusmarkus

Sure Tim, call around one weekend.Its not much different to a normal one really until 4k ish rpm, then it starts going a bit mental.

P

pulsarboby

the pearl car i sold a while back made 478bhp on standard ignition easily.
keep things simple, if the ignition system is in good order theres no need for all the msd stuff....its just likely to give you more headaches and problems