At a complete loss here - guidance please!

marc

Hahah re-builds are a pain, after all the things that needed replaced I ended up spending like 200% more than I had planned for, I suppose in a wierd way im lucky it took 9 months to get it all done.

O

Odin

I'd just keep enjoying it Sarah and fix it when it brakes, Just get the important stuff like body work done first and then maybe start researching the parts you're gonna need and sourcing them yourself.

That way when she does blow you wont have to wait for parts to arrive from all over the world lol.

Rob

marc

Or waiting on The Gearbox man, took three months to do my box, after saying it would take three, Mind you that sum up my whole rebuild eventually got the job done and im laughing

O

Odin

marc said:
Or wairing on The Gearbox man, took three months to do my box, after saying it would take three

But worth the wait matey ;-) He's the best and the best are busy people ;-) .

Rob

R

*Red*

Stop spamming my thread Marc! :p

Thanks Rob, good idea.

Wow, what a productive day actually.. and now I know a little more about my car, RESULT! :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Took a look back through your old posts.

Main things you already have are Clutch, Brakes and Exhaust.

So you have a decent base to work from. I would hold off the engine build for now.. Work with the standard engine and turbo for now...

Things to look into

Induction
Induction Filter
BOV - Blow off Valve / Dump Valve
Denso IK27 Spark Plugs
Front Mount Intercooler Kit
The Mongoose Exhaust that you have now will be fine!

Management
Boost Controller of choice @ 1.2bar
Walbro 225L Fuel Pump
Check the AFR across the rev range. You may find that the ECU compensates enough to run this boost without the need for and extra fuel management.

Engine & Turbo
I would leave it standard for now to be honest.

Brakes
Brembo 4POT's you have now are perfect for you!

Suspension
The standard suspension with some Eibach springs may be your best option as far as actual shock absorbers go. You can look into the various coilovers but unless you are taking it out on track and will put up with bumpy ride for daily use then go with he above suggestion.

To improve the handling you can play with the geometry to improve the turn in and grip. Also look at the Whiteline Handling Kit. Will really help a setup like yours!

Also Front, Rear and Lower strut braces will help keep your car more stable through the bends and helps reduce understeer by allowing less flex in the chasis.

Drivetrain
Nismo clutch you have will be fine for 1.2bar.
I assume you are using the organic plates. This takes some strain off the gearbox which again will be fine with that sort of power. Use Redline MT90 Gearbox oil. Its a very good shock resistant oil which will help the life of your box

Other things to consider...
Front Mount Oil Cooler Kit
Twin Core Aluminium Rad
Piggyback or Standalone ECU

With all that you will have a very reliable and well sorted 320bhp+ car. To be honest you will find that very fast.

To go further will mean new turbo, engine build, gearbox, management, injectors, etc and will really start to cost mega bucks!

Hope that guides you a little to a decent goal

Rishi

Lionel

Red if you looking for a boost controller like rishi said the best one that is the most user friendly is the greddy profect b II and also from some company there only £219.00:thumbsup:

also make shor you get it serviced well with good oils etc, lot of people want to have power but dont under stand you need to look after ur engine as well

Rishi

Yes the Profec B II is a very good boost controller and easily mounted subtly in the car.

Look a little harder and you can pick them up for £140 - £160 easily enough. ;-)

Rishi

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Yes the Profec B II is a very good boost controller and easily mounted subtly in the car.

Look a little harder and you can pick them up for £140 - £160 easily enough. ;-)

Rishi

This goes back to one of my earlier comments :roll: , Never even buy from anybody in the UK ;-) , Good job Rishi.

Rob

R

*Red*

Thanks Rishi! I've actually just posted another thread about boost controllers! :lol:

I do actually have:

Induction Filter
BOV - The HKS SSQV
Denso IK27 Spark Plugs - I think (I'll check!)
Front Mount Intercooler Kit - A Forge one Jon had fitted
Walbro 225L Fuel Pump - got a couple of months ago

Thanks for the advice on suspension and handling kit, I'll definitely look into that :)
That's helped me loads, and even though I don't think I'll be doing anything major as such (yet) I've got a really good shopping list forming!

Oh and as for oils, I know you need to use decent stuff.. I get the same Pro Silkoline (??) stuff that Jon used to get, from Opie Oils! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Rishi

*Red* said:
Oh and as for oils, I know you need to use decent stuff.. I get the same Pro Silkoline (??) stuff that Jon used to get, from Opie Oils! :D

Yep get it all from Opie. Register on his site and get a discount!

Silkoline 10/50 Engine Oil
Redline MT90 Gearbox Oil

Rishi

MarkTurbo

Odin said:
I'd just keep enjoying it Sarah and fix it when it brakes
Thats just what i was about to say, theres no point spending thousands on a rebuild just for the sake of it ;-) A long as its set up properly and well looked after a standard engine should be upto the job of taking 350 bhp 8)

P

Pete

if thats the case then what would it take to get there ?
p,s ive been there dont that but ive spend thousands and thousands to get there last time and had it re-build :doh: :doh: :lol: :lol:

MarkTurbo

Pete said:
if thats the case then what would it take to get there ?
Fook all i reckon, just take a standard engine, uprated air filter, exhaust, fuel pump, then bolt on a slightly bigger turbo then keep upping the boost until the standard ecu/injectors/maf are nearly maxxed out and i reckon you'd be somewhere near 350 bhp, £1500 tops :lol:

Rishi

350bhp on a Standard Engine

Turbo
GT2871 @ 1.2bar ish

Management and Fueling
ECU or Controller of choice
Boost Controller of choice
Walbro 225L
550cc Injectors
Z32 MAF
Denso IK27 Plugs

Induction
Filter
BOV
Exhaust
FMIC

All the other bits like suspension, brakes etc is upto you but the above will see you to 350bhp

May have missed something but thats just off the top of my head

Rishi

Lionel

Odin said:
This goes back to one of my earlier comments :roll: , Never even buy from anybody in the UK ;-) , Good job Rishi.

Rob
That price is still cheepr by £68.00 then any other tuner in the uk so we are not all out to rip people off some we like to help :thumbsup: