6 Pot Brake Poss Group Buy!

MORF114

when do you think they will become available? do you think they will be in the same league as hispec or better? they certainly look good.

P

pulsarboby

hi karl!
ok from the reports ive heard on these kits, they are better in every way than hispec and wilwood! and is the main reason why ive opted for these.
but the pricing has a lot to do with it aswell lol.
the way i see it is that you are getting quality with an excellent back up service at an unbeatable price, what more can anyone ask for!
the honda guys love them.
at the moment the 280 & 303 discs are one part discs but they are trying to get these with seperate bells.

the larger discs are 2 part split

once they have recieved all pattern parts from myself, they will then be sent to japan to get into production, i would say around a month before the first sample kit arrives and is fitted to my car

Last edited by a moderator:

gunmetalgtir

They actually look better in real life, I remember when first seeing these I stood for about 10mins drooling over them. :hail:

Then tried to sneak them up my jumper!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

antgtir

They do look very nice i must admit, especially the Red ones, would go very nice with my colour scheme lol

Just out of interest will they consider doing an upgrade for the rears? Would be very nice to have the fronts and backs the same make etc.

Ant.

youngsyp

kirko said:
i want ten pots:evil: none of this pussying around with six:yawn:
if a job is worth doing......
The tyres on a GTiR, won't have the adhesion capabilities, to make 10 pot brakes worth while. You'll be in ABS mode or locking the wheels up, with very little effort.
Plus, the weight of the GTiR, kinda makes 10 pot calipers overkill !

Last edited:
O

Odin

To be honest I've never come across a situation that my AP 4 pots couldn't cope with, I've defiantly never felt the need to go up to 6 pots, It's only a 2 door hatch back for f*cks sake :doh: :roll: .

Rob

antgtir

Odin said:
To be honest I've never come across a situation that my AP 4 pots couldn't cope with, I've defiantly never felt the need to go up to 6 pots, It's only a 2 door hatch back for f*cks sake :doh: :roll: .

Rob
I agree but i think the 6 pots are still within the usefull range lol.

With regards to your comments, i think that must have been what Nissan thought "its only a little shopping trolley of a hatchback", "lets stick single pot chocolate brakes on":lol: :lol:

Ant.

kirko

Odin said:

Rob
yeah we have seen how fast you go on a track you dont need brakes at all :lol:

O

Odin

kirko said:
yeah we have seen how fast you go on a track you don't need brakes at all :lol:

:shock: :doh: I was waiting for that comment to come up :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

J

jpward

Odin said:

Rob
My Bike has twin 320 discs with Brembo 4 pots and only a 110 wide tyre for grip and only weighs 160kg I would have thought the 1.2T R with twin 280~300mm running 6 pots on 195~205 tyres would be fine as long as decent rubber is used ;-)

MarkTurbo

jpward said:
as long as decent rubber is used ;-)
Thats something a lot of people forget about when it comes to braking! You could spend 2k on Ap racing 6 pots and 380mm discs but if you cut corners on tyres you'll have wasted your money. The brakes on a car are only as good as the tyres in contact with the road ;-)

kenan

South West Regional Rep
pulsarboby, will you be able to test these on your car before we commit to buy?

Looks like a better option for me than the Hi Specs or Willwoods.

J

jpward

MarkTurbo said:
Thats something a lot of people forget about when it comes to braking! You could spend 2k on Ap racing 6 pots and 380mm discs but if you cut corners on tyres you'll have wasted your money. The brakes on a car are only as good as the tyres in contact with the road ;-)
Yeah i run Toyo's now but might be going back to Brigestones (originally fitted) as thats what is on the bike and it like sticky stuff on a blanket :p

cmng

If i not mistaken VTTR is Taiwan Brand.

i have a friend using it on DC5,
end up take it out and put back OEM DC5 Brembo

P

pulsarboby

kenan said:
pulsarboby, will you be able to test these on your car before we commit to buy?

Looks like a better option for me than the Hi Specs or Willwoods.

yep no problem!
if anyone wants to see the stopping power of them for thereselves then you are more than welcome to jump in as a passenger on the track when im testing the car! then you can see first hand what they are like, rather than take my word for it.

cmng.....i can only speak from reports on the brakes from the honda guys, and there is not one bad report on them, only good! which is why im purchasing them myself;-)
at the end of the day a caliper is a caliper whether it be 4 pot or 6 they will do the same job in comparison to other brands.
which is push the pad onto the disc!
so ultimately it comes down to disc & pad quality which will effect stopping power, and the quality of these discs and pads are supposed to be exceptional.
perhaps your mate chose the wrong style of pad!!!
if hes fitted a ie, full race pad to a road going car then he will find that his stopping power will be rather shite, infact dangerous.