6 Pot Brake Poss Group Buy!

P

pulsarboby

ok chaps, as you know ive been after some bigger brakes for my car!
well ive now approached a company that will shortly be in the process of making some 6 pot calipers for our cars, at what i think is an un-beatable price and cheaper than a lot of 4 pots on the market, which is also a top quality item.
i will be purchasing 5 sets of these brake kits myself and acting as an agent for their company, the first set (sample) will be fitted to my own car to test for fit and stopping ability etc. im very impressed with this companies pricing and what they have to offer other than just brakes, and are prepared to make for our cars.
the brakes will be made by a company called VTTR at the moment they mainly deal with honda uprated parts, (with very good feedback from customers) but are prepared to widen their horizons so to speak.
ive already supplied them with the items requested to get production of the brakes underway.

heres what the kit will consist of:

6 pot calipers which will fit under 16'' rims and some 15's
choice of 3 anodised colours (4 possibly)
303mm grooved discs
choice of 3 possibly 4 styles of pads (spec below)
braided brake lines

total price for above kit will be £795.00 inclusive of vat and delivery to your door!
bigger kits will also be available with prices when i have them.
these all come with a years warranty, and spares will be readily available.

Grooved disc design able to with stand 900 degree C temperature and resistance to warping due to high temperature.
FCV Titanium Material
Available in : 282mm (for 15 " Rim), 303mm (for 16" Rim), 330mm and 355mm version available

Brake Pads : -
Racing
  • Friction Co-efficient: - 0.45 -0.55 Mu
  • Working Temp: - 100 - 600 C
  • Withstand sudden heat: - 700 C
  • Dimension: 103 (L) x 54 (W) x 15 (D)
Grand Sport
  • Friction Co-efficient: - 0.4 -0.5 Mu
  • Working Temp: - 50 -550 C
  • Withstand sudden heat: - 700 C
Sport
  • Friction Co-efficient: - 0.38 -0.48 Mu
  • Working Temp: - 50 -550 C
if anyone is interested in the above or have any questions then please fire away, these will / are being sold with a £55 plus free postage discount to the gtiroc.
im also looking into getting an electronic coilover kit made for our cars, with remote in-car adjustment, as well as many other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunmetalgtir

I have seen these brakes in the metal and can vouch for quality of them and the stopping power! Very nice piece of kit and that's a good price!!!

antgtir

Sounds very promising and cheap for what you are getting even though they aren't a "named" product but as we all know and have learned in the past not all the named parts are as good as they say on the tin and other no name so to speak parts work better so this should be good.

Nice to see some other manufacturers trying their hand at R parts.

As Rob has asked, do they produce engine dampers or do you know of anyone who does?

Ant.

Braveheart

Good find Bob.... I was looking for more braking from my 4 pots and would realy like a better set of brakes for the track. It's also encouraging to see that I can get 6 pots under my 15" Having just spent ££££ on a brake kit, pads and braided hoses I'll pass for now.

Anybody want to bake a nearly new bake kit with spare Poly Q pads.. ;-) :lol:

Braveheart

I'll check the paper work when I get home and see exactly how much they cost me and PM you with a price.
I also need to be sure that this 6 pot kit is ok and will fit under 15" wheels before I part with mine.

Just read my last post.... where did the Bake.... bake come from... :doh:

J

jpward

Bobby whats the Min ID of the 15" rims clearance wise I can get away with would also be tempted if i could keep the 15's?

P

pulsarboby

ok as a couple of you have asked, i will make some enquiries regarding the 15'' wheels.
they will definately fit under any 15 with the 280 disc but only some with the 303 disc!
so you have an option of disc size available to suit your needs! either will come with the 6 pot caliper.

but i will get the id on the larger discs for you.

J

jpward

pulsarboby said:
ok as a couple of you have asked, i will make some enquiries regarding the 15'' wheels.
they will definately fit under any 15 with the 280 disc but only some with the 303 disc!
so you have an option of disc size available to suit your needs! either will come with the 6 pot caliper.

but i will get the id on the larger discs for you.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Braveheart

When I fitted my 285mm Wilwood kit, I felt like I could have gone larger in disk size under the 15's but it was the calapers that where the issue. i.e. it was fouling on the spokes!
I'll measure what I have spare with the 285mm kit to the rim.

Tomorrow!

P

pulsarboby

nice one scotty, that will give some idea.
dont forget that the offset also has a huge part to play in this.
let me know if you dont mind, the width and depth of the wilwood caliper!
i cant use 15's over my hispec 4 pots with 300 discs, but il measure them also to find out the size difference between these and the midi 6 pots to see how they compare.

P

pulsarboby

it really does depend on the shape of the caliper and dimensions, as well as wheel type!

dont forget you were only running 4 pots mic!

youngsyp

Bob,

Hope you don't mind, and that these are the guys who will be making the kits but, I found a few piccies to whet people's appetites !

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

thanks paul, there the babies.
can you make the photos so they come up without clicking on the link?
cheers mate