6 Pot Brake Poss Group Buy!

colin_gtir

1) tester..........paulb..............330 big 6 pots
2) res tester....pulsar craig.... 330 big 6 pots
3) john............................. ....330 big 6 pots
4) gtir loz............................ .330 big 6 pots
5) colin_gtir...........................330 big 6 pots if they fit behind 17 inch rota grids with an et 45 offset ?

P

pulsarboby

ok ive got a price back on the mini 6 pot kit!

total delivered price on this kit will be £695.00 thats around £100 off the original price quoted.
please remember this kit will fit under 16 and some 15'' rims, its ideal for fast road and trackday use.
but those of you that are real trackday demons or are planning to race car would be best going for the monster 6 kit!
caliper in this kit is same size as monster 6 pot but the pistons are smaller.
comes complete with choice of pad options at no extra cost, along with braided lines and everything else needed to fit.
kit has a 1 year warranty.

tester will get £150 discount on the price of kit.
kit based on minimum of 5 orders and one tester, choice of 4 colours available

im still waiting on price for the monster 6 pot kit!

P

pulsarboby

cant answer that one yet trond!
soon as i get a spare 5 minutes il try find out for you and others

P

pulsarboby

yes may be very good news actually!
i believe the £695 price quoted is for the monster 6 pot kit with seperate discs & bells, and not the smaller piston kit with one piece disc, as originally specified!

but if i dont get 6 definate people that are genuinely interested then im not gonna pursue any further.
i dont want to end up being stuck with £4200 worth of brakes then having to worry about flogging them to recover my money tbh, which im sure you'll understand.

P

pulsarboby

ok so far we have

1) paulb.........tester
2) pulsarcraig
3) john
4) colin gtir....if they fit behind 17'' rotagrids with et45
5) bosso
6) davey red r

if that six are all deinates then il go ahead with the group buy on rishi's sayso, im just waiting to hear back to see if other brand pads can fit these calipers, and price to be 100% confirmed (as im making a very small amount per kit, and dont want to end up doing it only to find ive got to make up any shortfalls in price)

any further people then please add your name to list.

John

Bob im a definate aslong as I can get them behind 17 inch Oz Supertuirismo's, as just like the K-Sport situation im not willing to run spacers.

No doubt any fitting issues will come to light in the testing process tho so we shouldnt have any issues.

P

pulsarboby

yep thats fine john!
il be buying the six kits out of my own wedge but paulb will have a test kit (which will be made before the others), i may even get the test kit delivered down to myself so i can try it behind a variety of wheels to test for clearances, then il post it up to paulb to test on the road! to give overall feedback on them.

if i find during the ordering process that these will not fit without spacers, then il let everyone know, but i should be able to get relevant measurements alongside the k sports i have, and i know that we need to lose 10mm from somewhere to get them to fit without the need for any spacers so ultimately it comes down to caliper depth and disc width to lose that 10mm.

davey......still waiting on an answer regarding other pad choices, il let you know as soon as i have that info.

P

pulsarboby

fraid not mr trond, all i can do would be to get a quote to norway for you! or il deliver them personally for a weekend with the mrs (my mrs lol) in one of those norwegian log cabins with outside jacuzzi, logs and an axe:-D

il contact rishi regarding the group buy as soon as i have all the answers that i need as i dont want to set that up till prices and everything else is written in stone.

Trondelond

I feel stereotyped! :D

As I'm in the market for brakes, these are quite interesting, but as always, price is an issue. And, I won't be paying until early/mid april, that's why I'm wondering about the timeline. :)
I suppose both the wilwood 4-pots and these will be roughly the same percentagewise when you add in the freight over here anyway. But as I've never heard of them, it'd be good to see some feedback from the tester first.

Who are running these brakes? And is this some sort of "rebranded" stuff - with all the factories pushing out parts for various brands, I wouldn't be surprised that these have a different name and cost twice the money with a different brand.

PaulB

Cool, all sounds good Bob. just let me know when you need payment on them and Il send it on.

Just to let people know, Im currently running the wilwood 320mm 4pots, so il get a good idea of the difference immedialtely. Im going to be using the 600+ high temp fluid all round, new discs n pads on the rear. And if the timings right, I might just sneak a trackday in at knockhill too :) :)

P

pulsarboby

yep will do paul

trond....no its not rebranded, they are mainly used in the states as aftermarket honda brakes but there prepared to go into pulsar products, not just brakes but all kinds of stuff, so as yet there is no kit on the market for gtir by these manufacturers.
if all goes ahead then paul will have the first set.
but unless they can be made to do away with wheel spacers on 7'' 17 rims then i see no real point in pursuing them as there are already other cheapo brakes on the market that will fit with spacers.

P

pulsarboby

just to let you know chaps, im not gonna go ahead with these brakes!
theres getting far to many other cheapo brands on the market so it seems a little pointless going ahead tbh.
plus im getting no answers to my questions to the manufacturers so if there this slow now then whats it gonna be like if theres a problem!

sorry to waste your time gents, but better you know now rather than 2 months down the line, im sure youll agree.

John

As you said Bob better calling it off now rather than later as we dont want a situation like in the K-Sport GB and as you said yourself there are plenty of cheap alternatives out there.

Guess its time to save up for some AP's :-D

Trondelond

John said:
Guess its time to save up for some AP's :-D
I should do the same. It's like with wheels. I'm going for te37s this year, just so I won't be going "what if...". If I get wilwoods/ksport or something, I'll constantly be wondering what APs are like. And I know myself well enough to know that I'll _eventually_ end up with APs. But don't know if funds will allow for them this season.

So.. who has the best deals on them? :D