3" Janspeed Front/Dump Pipe

M

Mr Overboooost

IN MY OPINION PRODUCTS SOLD BY TRADERS SHOULD BE TRIED AND TESTED BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHICH I AM SURE YOU WILL ALL AGREE WITH.

CHEERS
GARY

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
It was tried and tested, Bruce (Pimp) has had a complete system on his car for months now with no problems. Trouble is it was fitted by Janspeed (who made the system) with all the necessary, tools, ramps, Lambda adapters e.t.c. on the shelf.
As for the bolt holes in the flange they do appear to be tight when put up to the turbo although with a little encouragement (rubber hammer) will fit.

Anyway, Gary what happened to that complete all Titanium system for £20 or something daft.

M

Mr Overboooost

stevepudney said:
It was tried and tested, Bruce (Pimp) has had a complete system on his car for months now with no problems. Trouble is it was fitted by Janspeed (who made the system) with all the necessary, tools, ramps, Lambda adapters e.t.c. on the shelf.
As for the bolt holes in the flange they do appear to be tight when put up to the turbo although with a little encouragement (rubber hammer) will fit.

Anyway, Gary what happened to that complete all Titanium system for £20 or something daft.

titanium system for 20 quid :shock: i think youve got it wrong it was more like a tenner :lol:

joking aside they should have made note of all the minor glitches and adjusted the design accordingly or at least supplied the adapter.

never mind aye you managed to get it to fit in the end :wink:

cheers
gary

Keira

the only way to get the product better is to forward any comments on to pfx or janspeed that way the can sort out any problems...

personnally i wouldn't call a few tight holes a problem, easily sorted, not worth moaning about :wink: , my h & s one was a b u g g er at the de-cat end cos the flange was slightly out of line, took 2 of us and lots of swearing to get it on :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I agree, as with anything new there will be things that need adjustment (this is why you get major car manufactures doing call backs) and the public usually end up as guinea pigs. You must remember Janspeed have only made 5 complete systems and only one or two has been fitted, the Lambda boss they supplied is I'm sure a standard size and I'm sure if you approached Janspeed and told them they would supply the adapter to fit.

Like Keiron says, it's on now and we all know of the possible problems we might face in fitting it. Sorted, well done to Nismoboy for playing Guinea pig.

GINGA

nismoboy said:
Ive enlarged all the holes and ive fitted it to the car :D looks good but what alot of hassle :(
The stud pattern on the 2871 (and alike) is different from the standard turbo's so some filing would have been required even if you tried fitting the standard dump pipe to it :wink:
This doesn't excuse the wrong lambda whole though :roll:

O

Odin

GINGA said:
The stud pattern on the 2871 (and alike) is different from the standard turbo's so some filing would have been required even if you tried fitting the standard dump pipe to it :wink:
Yeah my jgy turbo has a slightly dif stud patten so i had to open one of the hole's up a bit.

rob

C

Crazy

Lads where did you guys getthe part that enables me to fit my standard lambda as the hole on my Janspeed front pipe is way too big and when I went to B&Q for an adapter they just looked at me funny and said that they did not have any :roll:

O

Odin

Crazy said:
Lads where did you guys getthe part that enables me to fit my standard lambda as the hole on my Janspeed front pipe is way too big and when I went to B&Q for an adapter they just looked at me funny and said that they did not have any :roll:

Got it from performance fx, well it came with mine fitted lol.

rob

C

Crazy

Have been trying to contact them most of the day but some young lad (best way to describe him) :evil: keeps answering and making jokes about Manchester people with curly hair :roll: :x

He is getting a bit cheeky too but I am not going to rise to it as its just childish :roll:

O

Odin

I can send you a photo of mine if you like :wink: ,seeing as you wont be getting yours for a while :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

C

Crazy

Yes please mate, a photo would be great as my car is now stuck at the garage that fitted the front pipe which is in Aston/Newtown and I do not want to go back to find it full of bullet holes :twisted:

C

Crazy

Yes please mate, a photo would be great as my car is now stuck at the garage that fitted the front pipe which is in Aston/Newtown and I do not want to go back to find it full of bullet holes :twisted:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just call Janspeed on 01722 321833 as thats where Perfomance FX get them from. You will just have to explain the situation.

C

Crazy

Was told by Dan at Performance FX that part was being sent out yesterday for delivery first thing today and guess what.......................it didn't turn up :evil:

Called him first thing this morning to ask if it had definatley been sent out and was told to call back in half an hour :roll: called back and was told it had definatley gone out last night :evil:

So I decide to give Janspeed a call to find out if it had been sent out, only to be told that they had just received a fax from Performance FX asking them to send the part out :x

So now my car is still stuck at the garage where I am being charged £15 per night storage fee which is F U K C I N G great :evil: :x :cry: