3" Janspeed Front/Dump Pipe

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
i only paid £350 for the full sytem lol
As I said earlier you only pay £350 for the full Mongoose because it's basically cheap, adequately made and only has a "Lifetime Guarantee", this lifetime guarantee means absolutely nothing as I found out when I spoke to Mongoose, Blue Flame, Collins Performance or what ever they want to call themselves. Take a good look at the Goose system, flanges go rusty, baffles rattle, the flexi is made out of mild steel and WILL start to blow eventually, why, BECAUSE IT'S HALF MADE OUT OF MILD STEEL AND MASS PRODUCED. It also means you have to carry on using the part which causes the biggest restriction in the standard system, the elbow. Now if Blue flame mass produced a completely stainless system with an elbow to fit a I'm sure it would cost a whole lot more than £350

Before anyone parts with their hard earned moolah, check out these two different GTiR dump pipes from Australia...prices are v. favourable too.

http://w ww.mercurymotorsport.com.au/technical/006.gtirtwindump/index.htm

and ...

http://w ww.shiftperformance.com.au/manifolds.html
And as for the above, yes they are probally very good but what you going to do when they don't quite fit or crack or are shit when they finaly arrive. At least with the Janspeed/Performaance FX parts you will have someone thats not a million miles away to complain to.

And for all you guys that are going to go to Mongoose, Blue Flame, Collins Performance or what ever they want to call themselves to get one made good luck to ya, just ask first if your new shiney system is going to be made out of the same s h i t materials they made the original system from.

O

Odin

That's right Steve if you keep saying it often enuff it might make you feel better about paying £411 for £50 worth of metal, But I doubt it :cry: .

It's not working for me :( .

rob

mattygti-r

well i can see his point to be honest,

its only money aint it

the mongoose system ive got as well but that lasted about 2 yrs before it went to pot and about 3k on the milage too

baffles went, "oh whats that im not the orginal owner of hte mongoose so contract doesnt exist?" "thats correct" £450 pls for a new system direct

:roll:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I assure you I'm not repeating it for my benifit as I already said, it is expensive but I think it's worth every penny.

There are

7 x 3" bends
1 x 3" Stainless flexi
1 X T28 Flange
1 x 3" stainless Exhaust flange

At ATP turbo prices that little lot works out to be 288 USD which is roughly £150. Add to that the bend which has been fasioned by hand to fit the T28 flange and the rest of the welding time, it would probally take a good tig welder 4 hours to make one of these up and at £50 ph thats £350 total.

O

Odin

Yeah your right but I made you look it up and post :lol: :lol: .

rob

S

str_motorsport

i have the gose, and hope it will last ...any rust on it for the moment...
regarding the dump pipe...it is too expensive!!!!
i used stainless stell bends to build my front mount pipe run.i got those bends from an exhaust shop, and they were appro8£ each....!!!!
yes after that there is welding job...
it is really nice made, but too expensive in my opinion.

skiddusmarkus

Shaun said:
skiddusmarkus said:
Halfords fitted mine and as far as I'm concerend my contract is with them.
:wink: Did Halfords supply your Goose :?: If not,then i'm afraid they are only responcible for the fitting :wink: If you purchased your Goose through Halfords,then as you say,your contract is with them :wink:

Yep they did-I can still remember a bit of my GCSE/A level business studies :wink: .

Shaun

skiddusmarkus said:
Shaun said:
skiddusmarkus said:
:wink: Did Halfords supply your Goose :?: If not,then i'm afraid they are only responcible for the fitting :wink: If you purchased your Goose through Halfords,then as you say,your contract is with them :wink:

Yep they did-I can still remember a bit of my GCSE/A level business studies :wink: .
Wasnt trying to be funny Skiddus,only trying to help :!: as i fit exhausts for a living and when people supply their own parts,most dont realise that only the fitting is covered :wink: Have to watch who i try to help in future :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
skiddusmarkus said:
What issues have people had with the Goose then and how have they wrangled their way out of the guarentee..
Non yet apart from a rusty tailpipe. They'll get out of my claim easily. I never got a receipt for it, despite repeated pms :evil:

Mr GTiR

Even though the dump pipe is 3" would it not be better to have the 2 pipes seperated and joined together further on down the front pipe?

Steve, i had my 3" system built by Blueflame, not had a single problem with it and am very happy with it. Well a full 3" system for £350 is not bad considering there are no baffles in he system :)

Keira

Mr GTiR said:
Even though the dump pipe is 3" would it not be better to have the 2 pipes seperated and joined together further on down the front pipe?
tbh it aint no bother with it like that,

my h & s one is one piece and after you've done it once its a piece of p i s s to take on and off for turbo swaps etc.etc

skiddusmarkus

Shaun said:
skiddusmarkus said:
Shaun said:
skiddusmarkus said:

Wasnt trying to be funny Skiddus,only trying to help :!: as i fit exhausts for a living and when people supply their own parts,most dont realise that only the fitting is covered :wink: Have to watch who i try to help in future :wink:
Chill dude-I wasn't being funny :D .I meant it's that long ago since I was at school and my decaying brain struggles to remember what day it is lately :lol: .

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Andy, I'm sure your 3" Goose system is lovely mate and I'm glad your happy with it.

All I was saying is the standard Goose for the GTi-R is made from Stainless Steel pipe, Mild Steel Flanges and Mild Steel Flexi joint which has stainless braiding covering a mild steel flexible tube. ALL the mild steel sections will rust at some point and any welds between two disimilar metals will also break down eventually. SO if you do go to Mongoose to get a 3" system ask them if it's all stainless steel. Thats why it's £350, becuase eventually you or the next owner of the car will probally have to go back to Mongoose and get a new one.

I agree, it was expensive but I bought this because it looked a quality product, it's ALL stainless steel and there is a chance only five systems might be built and I didn't want to miss the opertunity. It suited ME, I couldn't give a f u c k if anyone like's it or not, I only posted it as some interested parties said they wanted to see some pic's.

skiddusmarkus

Thanks for posting the pics Steve-I'm umming and arring about whether to get one.Quality does cost and I'll probably end up buying one,just convincing myself first.

Mr GTiR

Steve don't get me wrong, the dump pipe looks very very nice 8)

It's just that i prefer the twin pipe approach. ADR are going to build mine in the next week or so when the engine is finally back in.

If that falls through then i'll buy one of these babies :wink:

A

Anonymous

That is a lovely pipe, shame it doesn't have a spare O2 sensor port though.

O

Odin

Ben said:
That is a lovely pipe, shame it doesn't have a spare O2 sensor port though.
I'm getting mine with an extra wide band lambda bung fitted :wink: .

rob