3" Janspeed Front/Dump Pipe

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just thought I'd post these so anyone interested can see.

These are a 100% peice of quality craftsmanship.

Photo's are a bit crap and will try to get some others before it goes on if anyones interested.

O

Odin

:shock: :shock: £350 :cry: :cry: :cry: +vat wait for it £411.25 :shock: :evil: .

rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
These are made by Janspeed and sold via Performance FX in Wiltshire. They follow the exact same lines as the Goose system, you can get a whole system or just the front section that fits to the rear section of the Goose system.

I must admit I've had Janspeed bits before and it's always been fine but the quality and craftmanship on this is a work of art, the photo's are a bit crap and do no justice to the actual quality of the work thats gone into this.

See the post in Traders offers (3rd page I think) for prices.

E

Edd

It looks nice but £800 for a full system and one that can only be used on a T28 :cry:
Blueflame do custom 3 inch for under £500 8)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yeah, I agree it is over priced, but then I can now just fit it and I'm done, which as far as I'm concerned is far more convenient than the other options available. I

I've been chasing Stealth systems in Southampton for over a year now, they gave me a £500 ish price for a full stainless system a year ago but according to them are still waiting for parts. Hayward & Scott will make you a front/Dump pipe for similar money to the above which goes some way to proving yes it's expensive but not to bad. Tube Torque will make you a full 3" stainless system without the dump pipe for around £800. So I don't think the Janspeed price for the above is to bad at all.

Besides all that with the amount of Goose/ Blue flame systems that run into problems later on in there lives that there so called "life long guarantee" WON'T cover, including, the flanges rust as they will be made from mild steel or the flexi pipe blows which is also partly mild steel, the rattles that come from loose baffles in the silencer, e.t.c. it does beg the question as the the quality of the materials they use and no wonder they can give prices of £500 for a full system with a "Life long guarantee" which isn't worth a s h i t.

I think all these companies say "Ah, yeah we can do a complete system for the GTi-R for 2 bags of rice and a carrot (very cheap), then they see the angle that dump pipe bend has to be and they s h i t themselves.

You pays the money and takes your choice, each to there own, some buy there best shirts from ASDA (perfectly good to go under a jacket and last till the first wash) and some get them from Saville Row (which last a lifetime).

stugtir

yes £411 sounds alot but as steve said u havnt got the hassle of taking ur car to a garage for the day to get one measured/fitted so it isnt all that bad, i live in portsmouth on the southcoast and i know for a fact id spend somewhere between 50-100 quid going to and from blue flame etc, im also self employed so if i had to take a day off id be loosing out on even more money! :(

also the reason it sounds expensive is because 90% of the people on this forum have a mongoose which they paid 300 quid for! which when comparedf to a full exhaust system for say a skyline,evo,gt four, thats feckin good value.

i for one will probably buy one when ive saved the wonga up :D

has anyone mentioned to janspeed about a 'group buy' might get the price down a bit :wink:

stu

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just remember if you do want one call Performance FX and talk to Dan on 01980 624490.

Performance FX are sole distributers, you cannot buy them through Janspeed.

C

Crazy

Steve I have answered your PM. 8)

Let us know if it makes a difference once its fitted please mate :wink:

Keira

looks spot on to me.

Price wise is no more than i'd expect to pay, and did pay for mine from h & s and this ones got a better bend to it 8) as its not based around aircon 8)

GINGA

Looks very nice shame it won't fit with the aircon :cry: the price for the dump/downpipe seems ok based on others that have had them done, its just the rear section seems alittle expensive really for what is really a very short piece of pipe :?
Would be nice if the dump pipe was seperate from the downpipe to as it looks like a right pain to fit :(
Apart from those minor niggles looks like a quality bit of kit and if I didn't have aircon I'd seriously consider it 8)

skiddusmarkus

Looks well made and free flowing but...........too many £'s :( .

What issues have people had with the Goose then and how have they wrangled their way out of the guarentee.Halfords fitted mine and as far as I'm concerend my contract is with them.

MarkTurbo

stevepudney said:
Besides all that with the amount of Goose/ Blue flame systems that run into problems later on in there lives that there so called "life long guarantee" WON'T cover, including, the flanges rust as they will be made from mild steel or the flexi pipe blows which is also partly mild steel, the rattles that come from loose baffles in the silencer, e.t.c
I noticed when i took my goose exhaust off the other day all the flanges were rusty :roll: Its only been on there about 2 years :wink: That explains it then, i didnt think they looked like stainless flanges when i put it on.

Shaun

skiddusmarkus said:
Halfords fitted mine and as far as I'm concerend my contract is with them.
:wink: Did Halfords supply your Goose :?: If not,then i'm afraid they are only responcible for the fitting :wink: If you purchased your Goose through Halfords,then as you say,your contract is with them :wink:

nismoboy

The new dump pipe look good, BUT! £400 there having a laugh :!: in my opinion your better off spending £400 on somthing else coz lets face it aint gonna make that much differance and certinly not £400 worth of difference.

ps i only paid £350 for the full sytem lol