What have you done to your car today?

vpulsar

When did you order it?
18th of December mate, Well that was when I made my first inquiry they got back to me on the 19th with a price £450 including shipping.

I had to wait a week or two because the ones they had where still going through the machining process.

Rob

jammin

Removed the intake and plenum to get to the water hoses underneath, as one split literally as i pulled onto the drive after being out for a few hours. Lucky it happened when it did. But what a pain in the arse to get the plenum off, as i still had that poxy y bracket fitted. Not any more, but got some scraped knucled to show for it. Then i ordered both Samco ancillary kits from DT, 4 - 6 week wait though. Also removed the overly heavy fron tow eye and fittled a schroth tow strap, still got to do the rear!

jammin

Red mate. No pics im afraid, its a pretty simple job. Just unbolt the tow eye, think it was 4 or 5 bolts, then use one of those bolts and attach the strap. Simples. Youll be suprised at how heavy the tow eye assembly is though! I was!!

Slunch

Changed the tailgate, bashed and pulled out the damage to the rear panel and floor, mostly done. Went on a hunt for an exhaust leak because I was getting silly idle AFR's and ended up pulling off the downpipe and, necessarily, the front ARB- all in the rain, joy. Beginning to forget why it is that I own a Pulsar.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Bough some LED side lights and rear number plate lights to chav up the car, however on installation they've turned out to work really well and been a great addition!

I've got some photos that I'll add in hour or two once it goes dark and you can see the results.

I've also bought a pro machine polishing unit today which will land tomorrow and I will prep the car for a full paint correction over the weekend.
I'll create and new thread for that so you can all see the results or failure depending on how it goes...
:hide:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Below are the photos from my LED installations; I forgot to mention, I cleaned and machine polished the rear light lenses of the number plate holder.

They just look so tired and grimey that I thought I'd give them a quick clean to see if I could revive them a little more and also improve the lighting to the rear number plate.

As you can see they turned out alright and polished up well too.

Just little things at the moment I'm doing to improve the car and bring back some of its sparkle!

Number plate light lenses (before and afters)

Rear number plate lights (off)

Number plate lights on (much better lighting!)

Front side lights (almost look like driving lights, however they are not as bright as the camera makes out!)

Worth doing, yeah I think so. It just modernises areas of the car that can be improved.

Next I'm going to look at LED's for the dash and standard gauges, see if that makes it a little more modern?

N.B. These were LED's from Ebay!

Fire & skill

Vintage member
fitted a foglight into the rear OS cluster, also picked up my freshly powdercoated nismo brace and intercooler cowling, fitted them and they look pretty good!

vpulsar

Andy the lights are a big improvement over the old ones and is an area I want to work on with my new car once it's done.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Andy the lights are a big improvement over the old ones and is an area I want to work on with my new car once it's done.
Thanks Rob, I think there are plenty of improvements to be made on the car. As mentioned, I'll look to LED the interior dash and gauges as well as LED'ing the indicators; however the main driving lights will be tricky as there is nothing legally available for them.

However, I have been looking at spot LED light bars recently, that I could add as hi-beam additions for when driving down country lanes, they look really effective and cost effective (as long as I buy quality units).

See YouTube video: (gives you an idea of their performance)

[youtube]Fpw8rpCeGfU[/youtube]

YeeHaaa!!!

Slunch

Very nice Andy. I'm going to add the sides and number plate lights to my current list. Like the light bar as well but it'll be a while before I can do that.

Thanks Rob, I think there are plenty of improvements to be made on the car. As mentioned, I'll look to LED the interior dash and gauges as well as LED'ing the indicators; however the main driving lights will be tricky as there is nothing legally available for them.

However, I have been looking at spot LED light bars recently, that I could add as hi-beam additions for when driving down country lanes, they look really effective and cost effective (as long as I buy quality units).

See YouTube video: (gives you an idea of their performance)

[youtube]Fpw8rpCeGfU[/youtube]

YeeHaaa!!!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Wow those where a tad bright, I can't really see a bar like that fitted to my pulsar though.
You can get smaller units like 6 row or double row of 6 and install them in the grill, or brake ducts of the bumper. They give similar performance without having to install a massive 20 row bar!

I was looking at 2x 6 row bars, they're not too bulky, somewhat discrete (when bolted between the bumper vents) and should give excellent light when driving down dark county roads.

Example on Ebay: LED Spot/Driving Lights

Slunch

You can get smaller units like 6 row or double row of 6 and install them in the grill, or brake ducts of the bumper. They give similar performance without having to install a massive 20 row bar!

I was looking at 2x 6 row bars, they're not too bulky, somewhat discrete (when bolted between the bumper vents) and should give excellent light when driving down dark county roads.

Example on Ebay: LED Spot/Driving Lights
I've been getting a bit carried away then:

I was thinking this shoehorned in between the headlights and switched off the main beam (maybe illegal?)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230920589118?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And one of these in each vent switched off dip beam.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251379614752?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649