What have you done to your car today?

STEVEN878

Hi all,

This is quite popular on other forums I'm part of and thought it might be a good idea to put a thread up on here.

Basically you post in about what you have done to your car on that day/recently so from a general drive out somewhere, filled up, little wash- to a full detail, painted calipers, little mods, engine work, you get the jist.

It can help people out if their thinking of doing the same, or wanting to do it like for like.

Lets here your comments and lets see what you've been up to?

whytie

I took my brembos off today and stripped the paint off them, I'll give them a paint in the morning.

gazgstar

Nothing done today, had a stupid electrical fault all week so left pulsars alone today :lol: got a loan of this

Real challenge to keep in a straight line with this shit weather but a shitload of fun :D

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Got my wideband talking to my Nistune and fiddled with my idle and timing...

Last edited:

STEVEN878

Love cosworths! Just finished building my mates 550bhp 4 wheel drive saph :)

what the electrical issue with the pulsar?

gazgstar

Love cosworths! Just finished building my mates 550bhp 4 wheel drive saph :)

what the electrical issue with the pulsar?
Yeah this one is only 2wd running t38, 450bhp, built for dry roads :lol:
Had problems with the car cutting out when pulling away from junctions at first, then it started happening while cruising at a steady speed. It wouldnt cut out completely but it had no power for a few seconds and then all of a sudden it would regain power. Started to notice that the odometer would spin round faster than normal when it was going to cut out:lol: Disconnected the clocks for now incase they are shorting something out

MarkTurbo

Been setting up the Omex ecu on my mates rally car today. I did have to rob the laptop cable out of my Sunny earlier if that counts as working on my car :lol:

[/URL][/IMG]

MarkTurbo

Wait til you get them bedded in Andy and prepare to look like this :shock: when you press the brake pedal :lol:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Wait til you get them bedded in Andy and prepare to look like this :shock: when you press the brake pedal :lol:
Funnily enough Mark I've used XP8's before on my old Wilwood system (before I moved to K-Sport), however because the Wilwoods overheated the brake fluid I never really got to sample XP8's at their full potential as the pedal would go soft.

So hopefully as you've mentioned this is going to be a real step-up in performance along with the ATE Super Blue fluid. :D

STEVEN878

Yeah this one is only 2wd running t38, 450bhp, built for dry roads :lol:
Had problems with the car cutting out when pulling away from junctions at first, then it started happening while cruising at a steady speed. It wouldnt cut out completely but it had no power for a few seconds and then all of a sudden it would regain power. Started to notice that the odometer would spin round faster than normal when it was going to cut out:lol: Disconnected the clocks for now incase they are shorting something out
my mates car uses a t4 hybrid turbo, with a gt35 compressor housing, so should be fun once mapped :)

Im no pulsar expert, but i would start with cleaning up all my earth points and making sure all the cables and connections are tight.
when i fitted my fmic i had issues with the car cutting back/cutting out and clocks not working and it was because i never refitted the earth from the chassis leg to battery.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Haven't done anything today, but yesterday started her up after two weeks on holiday. Was quite impressed the jump leads weren't needed even though initial battery readings showed 10.8v. Brakes gave quite a crack when freeing up even though being left in neutral with them off - something to clean up for the next mot.

STEVEN878

Canon 400d is still a very capable dslr and if your not doing it as a profession then i dont see the point in spending ££££ on a body and glass.
I use a canon 600d with kit lens and its served me perfectly well so far.

Great work mate :)