Turbo manifold ideas

dobby

I have one of these with a 3076 and it could be why I cant make any more power than 440bhp as I have a restriction. If you are looking for more than that I would not go down this route.
I got mine for cheap so I didnt mind so much.

Smo

As dobby has said it doesn't look to me like it flows the exhaust gas terribly well - looks like the cylinders are fighting against each other rather than being channeled towards to turbo.

RO_SUNNY

:eyebrows::eyebrows:
Found this one on SR20 forum....so I thought it was a good idea to with.....but now I think I must have something else.
Can you guys please tell me what should I buy because I already have a crap Autobahn which I don't wanna use.

So anybody selling some manifolds????

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I have a ported and flowed standard manifold if your interested. I had it professionally opened right out, matched and flowed when I had a head gas flowed.

PM me if interested.

I

iomegalinux

you can ask them :
http://www.turbinetech.ca
it will not be cheap ($$) but for sur it will not crack, and they can design any way you want.
look at the last pulsar they did
also they're making a mani+evo8 twinscroll (16G or 20G)turbo combo for approx 1200$ CAD

Last edited by a moderator:
I

iomegalinux

in fact the men being this, was telling us, that with this setup @ 9 psi, it was running a lot more powerfull than with the evo8 turbo @ 18 psi we have i didn't saw any dyno sheet ....

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Wasn't there a thread about twinscroll turbos that said there wasn't enough pulse from a four cylinder engine to really make it worth the effort (despite what Mitsubishi say)?

I

iomegalinux

don't think so, turbinetech use a lot this turbo because is pretty efficient on those 2.0 liter engine. with the right manifold it sound like it making great number with a great powerband

I

iomegalinux

by the way the picture i showed was not a twin scroll evo8 turbo, below this is one.

RO_SUNNY

Anyway......on the stock EVO 9 turbo you can make 400 bhp without any problems on the GTIR.....If you get a ported one I think it's better that 400 ....

I

iomegalinux

Anyway......on the stock EVO 9 turbo you can make 400 bhp without any problems on the GTIR.....If you get a ported one I think it's better that 400 ....
with a 16g on a gtir you can go up to 360hp and with a 20g you can get up to 400hp (under reserve from what they say)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
don't think so, turbinetech use a lot this turbo because is pretty efficient on those 2.0 liter engine. with the right manifold it sound like it making great number with a great powerband
It's OK for you, you're in Quebec - it's going to be a lot more effort to get that setup to the UK or Romania...

I'll need to go trawling through the threads, but I'm convinced that it's not because it's a twin-scroll turbo; two cylinders aren't enough to really make any use of it... maybe it was Ed who posted something along those lines.

I

iomegalinux

at that point i couldn't say more, we can ask turbinetech to comment on this...