Totb 2009

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
the awd car was running mid 11's, but certainly from the earlier runs the terminals were pretty low, 107ish which didnt quite add up. The dp car formally jason gants did a 10.75 i believe. The earlier runs i saw were both producing 130mph terminals aswell so plenty of power there. Neither went near the handling track which i though was a bit of a shame as i think the tighter circuit they seemed to have this year would suit the R.

Best for Chris was 11 seconds dead!

Also made it to the Pro final against Andrew Gallagher's Focus! Fair play to the lad since he'd not had any testing in it till the day :thumb:

Chris even spanked him off the line and halfway down the strip till the Focus got its act together.

...more images later

Gav_Kara

this was a cae day and the pulsars was running well and the dp R was packing some good power and times!!!!

notorious

hiya guys, im just home now, was a looooong drive back to scotland, managed 11.0 was pretty happy with that considerin it was my first drive in the car, and im running 1.4 bar at the moment. had a great day, the other car was very impresive and we had a good head to head. was good to meet some of u.and cheers for ur help andy. bring on totb 2010

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm glad to hear that you made it home Chris!
As I've said, 2nd in Pro class for the first time you've driven the car is pretty bloody impressive. As it stands you've beaten Keith Cowie's GTR! - You're coming off the line like a rocket, but seem to be running out of speed at the other end (which is how that "Focus" reeled you in)... for a few seconds there I thought you'd done it!

Like I said, I missed the start of that Pulsar V Pulsar drag because my camera took too long to start-up... and the final of pro class too... but I'll try to get some of my pics up soon.

ChrisS

hiya guys, im just home now, was a looooong drive back to scotland, managed 11.0 was pretty happy with that considerin it was my first drive in the car, and im running 1.4 bar at the moment. had a great day, the other car was very impresive and we had a good head to head. was good to meet some of u.and cheers for ur help andy. bring on totb 2010
What was the terminal and 60ft on that run? You seemed to be getting off the line well early on but then it not pulling at the top end. Well done on the time anyway.

notorious

i have no idea what my 60ft or terminal times were for the 11.0, but im wondering if the fact i was gettin huge wheelspin has something to do with bad terminal speed. when we checked my tyres they were up at 39psi! lol

ChrisS

i have no idea what my 60ft or terminal times were for the 11.0, but im wondering if the fact i was gettin huge wheelspin has something to do with bad terminal speed. when we checked my tyres they were up at 39psi! lol
Shouldnt make a huge amount of difference, terminals are generally more of an indication of how much power your making. Saw a couple of runs that were in the mid to high 11's, but the terminal was been given as 107ish. Going off the power your making id have expected at least 120+. Still, bet your happy its all in one piece and knocking on the door for 10's.

notorious

the thing is chris i was pretty much on the limiter in 4th, so 107 doesnt make any sense. on a couple of my runs it didnt even record terminal speed. mark, i forgot the boys at awd had pumped the tyres right up so it was easier to push it in and out of the workshop, i just forgot to check them, im gona sort that out and remove some more wieght from the car and head to crail in a few weeks

ChrisS

the thing is chris i was pretty much on the limiter in 4th, so 107 doesnt make any sense. on a couple of my runs it didnt even record terminal speed. mark, i forgot the boys at awd had pumped the tyres right up so it was easier to push it in and out of the workshop, i just forgot to check them, im gona sort that out and remove some more wieght from the car and head to crail in a few weeks
Which gearset did you say you had in again? I rekon my quaiffe is at approx 118 at 7500 in 4th. I remember the screen not showing a terminal on at least one run.

notorious

yep im running quafe aswell, and i was crossin the line around 7200 in 4th and on a couple of runs i was in 5th. it just doesnt add up, as u say terminals give an idication to power so 107 would suggestaround 350-370 ish, but a car of that power wouldnt do those 1/4 times. i cant figure it out.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
TOTB pictures...

The calm before the storm...

The next day I woke to find this... :-D

Pobody @ work :thumb: