Totb 2009

Gav_Kara

is anyone running in this or going???

this one people cant miss its a wicked event

Redline TOTB 8 will take place on Sunday 26th July 2009 at Elvington Airfield.

Spectator tickets are now on sale in there webshop at the special advance price of £15.
tickets on the day cost £20 for adults.

WEB link>>http://www.totb.co.uk/home/

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I doubt it but if anyone is then please contact meand i'll organise Team GTiR again.

Personally I think we should have a full complement this year and give genuine keen members the chance to have a go.

I genuinely think that top speed should be written off for Team GTiR as we haven’t got a cat in hells chance.
However, I do think that (as Team GTiR) we should concentrate all our efforts on the handling section as that is where we have the most/genuine chance of performing.
Drag racing is drag racing, again were not going to beat any records, but after last years performance, I was glad to see were hitting lower 10's and are moving forwards.

I can think of a few people on here that would be worth approaching and seeing if they would like to compete in the event?

Granted TOTB is an all rounder event, but if we are to make something of it we need to look at our strengths and capitalise on them 100%.

I’d also like to point out that our so called “Team GTiR” was possibly the least team orientated and our location with the event was crap.
I’m going to speak to Andy (Mr GTiR) about this years event and hopefully work together to have a real team area, with banners, gazebos and maybe even a BBQ.
:thumb:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member

I’m going to speak to Andy (Mr GTiR) about this years event and hopefully work together to have a real team area, with banners, gazebos and maybe even a BBQ.
:thumb:
We can definitely get "best BBQ"! :thumbsup:
Even if Team GTiR isn't really in it, it looks like a great event to come and watch anyway... it's a way off at the moment, but I can probably swing a pass from the wife and make a day of it. ;-)

John

Im planning to head down as a spectator in the R work permitting. I was going to be going last year, even had the time booked off work but time TOTB came round my car was engineless :doh:

ChrisS

We can definitely get "best BBQ"! :thumbsup:
Even if Team GTiR isn't really in it, it looks like a great event to come and watch anyway... it's a way off at the moment, but I can probably swing a pass from the wife and make a day of it. ;-)

Dont be so sure with the best BBQ, you should see the set up one of the scooby owners clubs had last year. And the bloke organising the way that the 22b club were parked to mm perfection was quite hilerious. Me and my mate stood and watched them for abot 10 mins as the lead bloke (clear pecking order and he had a 22b plate so must have been at the top) got them all positioned. They then didnt move more than 3 meters from their cars all day.

Personally i think this years could be the best chance for years of scoring some points as the number of tuners must be way down at the rate they seem to have been going bust.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I hadn't figured on the Scoobie owners being as fanatical about their BBQs as they are about the cars. Will they all have matching Subaru aprons on and cook on BBQs with Colin McRae stickers on them?
Then we have to listen to them revving their engine all bloody day... they're like children; Yes that's the sound of a flat-4 well done... and if you keep going you can make the flames com out... how nice for you... oh, your friend can do it too?

We need to beat them... does anyone have a fancy BBQ? Maybe we can make one from an old engine block; put gas burners inside the cylinder bores and then have the hotplate sit ontop of the head studs? Then the drip tray for the plate could return to the sump.

I'm guessing Norris and Olly Clark will make it as they're running Time Attack cars (and Olly Clark's car seems to be the same one from TOTB).

Mr GTiR

I've just checked the email from Chris Mann and 2009 entry form and there is no indication of a qualifying time so just take it as 12.4

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
so just take it as 12.4
Well rather than letting this thread turn into dog turd, let’s get a decent team sorted for this year. :thumb:

I'm going to lease with Mr GTiR (before his car is sold) and the OC and see if we can organise ourselves this year with a decent team and area that doesn't make us look like amateurs. *cough* :oops: :roll:

I’m also compiling a list of names that I think would be worth competing this year and also be asking whether these people would like to compete.

If you think that your car would be worth running, or you could put some blistering times around the handling section then let us know.
8)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I don't think he is.
Do you have contact details for him or able to direct him to the site so we can have him as a contender for 2009?

Does anyone have contact details for Mo, Si and Soggy if these people are still around?

I'm not a member on the Modifiers club so I'm unaware of any members that would be worth putting forwards?

I'd really like to see an effort this year from people.

Common, lets make it a good turnout this year :)