Project Shit Box (2021)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I was going to say why not get your knackered block linered, the only problem with that is you need to find somebody that's done a few successfully which is the hard bit.
It is an option I've been looking at however, I can't seem to find anybody who's willing to take on the job or has any good reputation.

I know Stumo has his done by AGRA, but they kept moving/slipping round.
I also spoke to the guy rebuilding my engine and he was very reluctant about having them resleeved too!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
This now a common occurance,bought few parts that were classed as mint only to be fit for the bin....With bob now closing up will be even more difficult

block is still usable, fit new darton sleeves can go upto 90mm or

You can try sourceing a s20vet block almost identical apart from few differences.

Zia
This is definitely going to be a problem going forward for these cars. The whole parts situation is looking quite challenging.

I might look at 90mm sleeves, but I'm trying to be mindful of the costs rebuilding the engine.

Pobody also recommended a VET block/head option.

I'm not too sure how difficult they are to combine together? I don't really have much experience on this kind of setup or what's involved?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
is importing one an option?
It is an option I'm considering but I could have the same option I've had just recently with ordering parts and they turn up with similar damage to my own engine and I'm back to square one...