Big Power Rebuild

Keira

http://www.o2induction.com/

very highly rated by the guys in the states 8)

looking at $750-$1000 plus shipping and taxes. Price of throttle body will depend on what one you get,

You can get some huge bmw jobbies from breakers,

there are a few other hassles with the single tb set up to be considered but all are easily sorted 8)

C

carpy100

been a while, been too twisted to do much posting! q answered with that reply :wink:
what size throttle is that, is it off a skyline?
need some tech info or is this the wrong site :?: :wink:

Keira

carpy100 said:
what size throttle is that, is it off a skyline?
its 70mm and nope,

but its from the nissan family :wink:

decided against the q45 as it was only 10mm bigger diametre than that one but overall size of the thing was f o o k i n g huge :shock: and this ones nice and shiney 8) :lol:

depending on what you're doing with the car stick with the quads, you can port them, fit bigger butterflys, knife edge them etc.etc.

Going to single tb is only beneficial top end, if i wasn't doing what i was doing i'd have stuck with the standard set up tbh

C

carpy100

as above!aint you listening.have you really got the funds? wots ur budget ? people are opening up lots of hard earned research and hours of investigative research to you.are you serious :?:

why do olives taste so good now when they tasted so wrong as a child....

Ricky_GTi-R

chill man, a just dont know all that much about turbo cars. my budget will be what ever it takes to get my car to the power i want it to be.

Keira

carpy100 said:
people are opening up lots of hard earned research and hours of investigative research to you.are you serious :?:
im just in a good mood so thought i'd be helpful..it probably wont last long :wink: :lol:

C

carpy100

:lol:
i have a plan so cunning...

if it had a tail it would be a weasel.. :lol: :lol: :wink:

Keira

carpy100 said:
if it had a tail it would be a weasel.. :lol: :lol: :wink:
but would it be diesel powered :cry: :lol: :lol:

and yes i know its spelt wrong in my new forum name but i like it better like that :roll: :lol:

S

stokie1

i thought i needed a single tb to run the power i wanted,

but just had ahmed bayjoo flow a standard manifold and with afew

minor mods can flow enough air for 800+ hp and with sticking with

the quads and air injection he can get almost no lag

so anyone want to buy a 80mm single tb inlet maniflod

C

carpy100

cant argue with that!
have read about knife edging and flowing tb's but have been misguided by certain tuners as to its affectiveness???
if this is the case then i am double pissed off by what ive been told. if its not the case then i admire your sales technique!!!!
further investigation is needed me thinks. if relatively simple mods to the stock fb's is all thats needed then that is obviousely the way forward( a lot of things have been achieved using stock items being modified or left as is in conjunction with other uprated parts, AWD, V PULSAR) so im not discounting any claims.its a surprisingly and excitingly grey area, and i cant believe the lack of development on these motors concidering the age of them!! it is honestly staggering to me. all i can put it down to is the current trend for tuning jap motors taking over from the old trend for modding u.k motors such as cossies and lotuses in theire various applications. this being, i assume, down to the lack of tuning parts for our motors beingun available untill recently.
i am convinced that the efforts of the hardcore lads will be realised and that an R will eventually take a crown or two from the evo's and scooby's concidering our power to weight ratio.
think about it.... how awsome would it be beating those boys with a 15 year old car!
rishi has got to be the no.1 contender if all goes to plan, and i know of a few others with a "cunning plan" up theire sleeve.
romantic but evermore realistic.................

Keira

The quads are not top end flow friendly :( .

The quad TBs can only hurt flow, not help it. They are very good at part throttle opening. The quad TBs will increase throttle response because for the same amount of movement on the accelerator, you get a larger total throttle opening across all 4 butterflys compared to one big-un. For top end flow they are in the way :( effectively restricting the size of the runners, this you cant avoid, you can only open up the runners by so much and increase the butterfly size slightly.

Every big power (over 550bhp) gtir engined car i can think of whether from japan, oz, jamaica, wherever, is on a single tb.

do you have the results from the flow test and what are they ?

Dooie Pop Pop

carpy100 said:
oiy mr weasel are you the "K" MAN?... smell a rat not a weasel :wink:
yes mate its a bum bandit you can smell, otherewise known as the 'K' man' inventor of the 'driveshaft shimmy' :lol:

S

stokie1

deisel weasel said:
The quads are not top end flow friendly :( .

The quad TBs can only hurt flow, not help it. They are very good at part throttle opening. The quad TBs will increase throttle response because for the same amount of movement on the accelerator, you get a larger total throttle opening across all 4 butterflys compared to one big-un. For top end flow they are in the way :( effectively restricting the size of the runners, this you cant avoid, you can only open up the runners by so much and increase the butterfly size slightly.

Every big power (over 550bhp) gtir engined car i can think of whether from japan, oz, jamaica, wherever, is on a single tb.

do you have the results from the flow test and what are they ?
dont have results yet but engine is going to be dyno'd by november (ish)
hope to be looking for 800+ hp, if i cannot get the power on the modified
4tb set up will put the single tb on, but Ahmed seems to know what he is talking about