Big Power Rebuild

Ricky_GTi-R

haha, thats awrite mate aslong as a get sum more power :lol: sayin that my wallet is empty at the moment so he wud have trouble emptying it :roll:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
deank93 said:
WARNING.....friendly chats with Rishi can end up emptying your wallet of lots of cash, i have bank statements to prove it :wink:
Before Chat..

Car was 300bhp, sitting in the back for a year doing nothing and up for sale...

After Chat...

New Spec, New Turbo Kit, lots of toys and a potential 480bhp... WOAH!...

I ROCK!!... :p

Ricky - i'll get back to you when i get a min to have a look and produce a decent spec for what you need... if you want to go down the Stroker route then the TOMEI Complete Kit is only £2000 so not that expensive at all... :wink: Or you can go for a custom stroker kit :twisted: ... Its the other things as Rob mentioned that will all add up though...

Rishi

C

carpy100

IMO you wont need rods just ARP bolts. our rods are well made.theyre fine to 550 bhp. remember its revs that kill rods not bhp.
have you concidered NOS? SOME CALL IT CHEATING..... I CALL IT ENHANCEMENT!
if your struggling with funds and you want a 1/4 mile tool then its worth concidering.
the only and safest NOS kit is from the wizards of NOS. have a read on theire web site, its not the dangerous engine popping stuff you think it is :wink:
i personally mucked up and have learned a very expensive lesson because i didnt talk to the likes of V, rishi and kieron and others.
take your time and source parts slowly.
bet you end up with more BHP than you first intended :twisted:
once you pop you can't stop :D

Ricky_GTi-R

No probs Rishi, just when eva u get a chance mate. Stroker kit is always an option ecspecially if its only 2grand and not the 5grand i was quoted. Carpy i fancy the big rebuild....then perhaps a bit NOS haha, nuthin wrong with a bit of both :lol: what kit have you got carpy? price spec etc?

Ricky

C

carpy100

havnt got the kit yet cos im still waiting for my car to come home. long, long story mate. got to be carefull here for legal reasons :roll:
going for the street blaster 100i kit with 75 bhp jets( should give me 100bhp in conjunction with the turbo cos they love it)should be o.k with single point injection cos our inlet set up is perfect for NOS. if i have to go to direct port then so be it.( read up on daves AWD car) if your going for huge power 550bhp+ then i'd seriousely concider ditching the throttle bodies and go for a revised inlet plennum using a huge single throttle to allow you to flow the required amount of air :wink:
my motor should be ready in a week... but communications have slowed again ringing dem bells :?
all i can say for now.

Ricky_GTi-R

100bhp in a bottle sounds like a good plan mate. yeah daves AWD car is summin else, raced him at crail in my almera gti, was hillarious as to how fast it was :roll: what on earth is a revised inlet plennum using a huge single throttle? awrite kl mate.

Ricky

sypher

your own design plenum chamber and intake runners and a big throttle plate from eg; a vh45 or the veilside on used aloy on the supra surge tanks for eg type sp-power in google and clock sp-engineering.

C

carpy100

sorry mate didnt put NOS prices up!basically you want to get on the wizards site and start talking to a bloke on there called chip. he will get you a 20% discount on your kit! you REALLY want a fully programmable maximizer controller that allows you to apply the gas at different RPM in different gears. your looking at about £800 with a bottle warmer and a maximizer to give you 100 bhp+ :!: completely safe and awsome BHP per £. :wink: PLUS if you end up running a silly big laggy turbo you can give it a little 25 shot of laughing gas to eliminate turbo lag.MMMMmmmm...

Ricky_GTi-R

kl mate will check out the site. yeah thats what a was wantin the NOS for, give the big laggy ass turbo a little kick up the back side at low revs :roll: liking the 800 quid price tag also :D

Ricky

sypher

ok, we'll blue peter style it you take 4 toilet roll tubes and place them inline with each other facing away from you and you then take a giants toilet roll cap one end cut the other at approx' size of desired inlet manafold and install a throttle body, so you do away with the multiple thottle bodies in the runners and open plenum,

oh and a roll of sticky tape :p

C

carpy100

the plenum is the big lump of hollow alloy that sits over your throttle bodies. basically on our motors the air flow is restricted by the size of our 4 throttle bodies( which is a bloody good design up to 500bhp ish) if you remove the throttle bodies and fit a revised inlet plenum incorporating a large single throttle you can flow more air.
i cant comment any further on this as my personal knowledge is very limited.(need to ask kieron or rishi) your talking 500+ before you need to concider this mod.

Keira

Ricky_GTi-R said:
oh and still none the wiser about a plenum chamber :( bit thick haha :roll:

heres mine, may switch to a custom made inlet when everything else is done but for now it'll do to get the car running.

si's opened up the runners as far as they'll go now aswell 8) just have to open the ports up on the head to match

C

carpy100

ricky that looks sweet, what power you gonna be running? it seems theres more and more big BHP R's being built 8) bout time!
who engineered your plennum and throttle?

C

carpy100

oiy mr weasel are you the "K" MAN?... smell a rat not a weasel :wink: