whats goin on then?

paz

KRS said:
3-4k so far just to run a forum... not bad, keep it up GTIROC ;)
AJ4 said:
I think Kev mentioned somewhere that about £1 goes towards the forum.
We have c150 members IIRC. By my calculation, 150 members @ c£1 each = £150.00 spend on the forums.

Discussion is good, ignoring information is bad ;)

Paz

K

KRS

You have never run a forum then, people are capable under circumstance, I have seen idiots become great mods. Its the Admin ultimatly that sets the trend.

Paz, where is the rest of the money going?

paz

KRS said:
You have never run a forum then, people are capable under circumstance, I have seen idiots become great mods. Its the Admin ultimatly that sets the trend.

Paz, where is the rest of the money going?
There is a thread, can't remember where it is that has let us know what has been spent so far on the forum, membership etc and lets us know some plans for the coming year - one of which sounds coooolio 8)

I can't remember the details, and can't be bothered goin looking :lol: but off the top of my head I think its about a quid on the forums, a quid or two on the membership scheme and then most of the money is sitting unspent earning interest.

Paz

Dooie Pop Pop

patient' s grasshopper :p im assuming you' ve already organised a prepaying club/forum ect ect and done it for free in your own time, taking into consideration your 'LIFE' and 'JOB' and all those little amusing distraction that get in the way.

when you get a job are you paid in advance or in hand? i get the impression that some peple think that the club should have lashed out in advance to get everything sorted including the national day out of their own pockets first.

that was never gonna happen.

the clubs not been around long, give it a chance eh? :wink:

Stu

6Miester

the chief said:
ive payed and i dont give a Skoda were the money went :shock:

:lol: I need £25k for a 'project', could you sponser me? :wink:

K

KRS

patient' s grasshopper im assuming you' ve already organised a prepaying club/forum ect ect and done it for free in your own time, taking into consideration your 'LIFE' and 'JOB' and all those little amusing distraction that get in the way.
:lol: Yes I have

Forums are not that hard to setup, dont cost much and are very easy to moderate with all the latest forum options available.

I know i sound like a right bas*ard, but i just want the forums opened up to everyone again... these forums, the official owners club... not some other breakaway forum.

I will pay my £20 and you may find a lot of other users do to...

I still wanna know how the club intends to spend the rest of the cash??? 8) If just to steal some ideas :wink:

Hannie

An annual run down of where the money will be available to all members in jun/july.

The forum is not the only thing that has been paid for with the club money, stickers/cards/posting have all be bought, plus other merchandise such as banners/leaflets/gazebo/ national day (JAE) it is also going for gtiroc merchandise which is being arranged. there are other things that are being paid for that do not concern me so i do not know the details. We must remember that next year we will have half the money as subscription will drop to £10. we have meetings where suggestions are made about where to spend the money. So if you have a suggestion please email or pm one of us and we wuill discuss it at the next meeting. The club is not just us and you it is all of us, we have all paid our money and wish to know where it is going.

I am sorting a club calendar where all fixtures/evets/meets etc will be placed for all to see so that planning your year ahead on your new gtiroc calendar will be easy :D

The new forum will be up and running soon, due to family problems and xmas commitments we have fallen a little bit behind on this, but it is on the go again and after a quick look i can assure great things :D

We are looking for content writers for a possible magazine and the main gtiroc.com webpage. so if you have a nak of writing, attend meetings and want to contribute, then please get in touch.

Techincal writers are also needed so if you are techincally minded and fancy writing some 'how to's' etc we would be very happy.

We welcome anyone who wishes to improve the Club - you know we are, get in touch :)

GINGA

Dooie Pop Pop said:
KRS said:
Mods: Free.. everyone wants to be a mod :roll:
i disagree with that, not if you want it done properly.

Stu
:shock: I disagree aswell, being a mod is a cr@p job, you have to read through all post whether your interested in them on not, even the 14 pages + drivel one's, have to constantly move posts put in the wrong sections by idiots who can't read and then spend ages explaining to said idiot why it should be in the section you've just placed it in :roll: even though each forum section clearly states what should be in it :roll:
You have to keep a eye on posts to make sure they are not getting to far off topic and also make sure theres nothing in it that could jeopardise the forum(which is quite often)
And now you have to deal with the abuse from this, even though your a moderator and not a events organiser
All in all its not a nice job, especially when done for free :!: which can very quickly leave you wonder why you bothered to try and help in the first place :?

deank93

Hannie said:
An annual run down of where the money will be available to all members in jun/july. Kev is the treasurer so handles all the money issues so he will produce that run down at that time.

The forum is not the only thing that has been paid for with the club money, stickers/cards/posting have all be bought, plus other merchandise such as banners/leaflets/gazebo/ national day (JAE) it is also going for gtiroc merchandise which is being arranged. there are other things that are being paid for that do not concern me so i do not know the details. We must remember that next year we will have half the money as subscription will drop to £10. we have meetings where suggestions are made about where to spend the money. So if you have a suggestion please email or pm one of us and we wuill discuss it at the next meeting. The club is not just us and you it is all of us, we have all paid our money and wish to know where it is going.

I am sorting a club calendar where all fixtures/evets/meets etc will be placed for all to see so that planning your year ahead on your new gtiroc calendar will be easy :D

The new forum will be up and running soon, due to family problems and xmas commitments we have fallen a little bit behind on this, but it is on the go again and after a quick look i can assure great things :D

We are looking for content writers for a possible magazine and the main gtiroc.com webpage. so if you have a nak of writing, attend meetings and want to contribute, then please get in touch.

Techincal writers are also needed so if you are techincally minded and fancy writing some 'how to's' etc we would be very happy.

We welcome anyone who wishes to improve the Club - you know we are, get in touch :)
Good news, sounds like things are moving in the right direction :D

Although not what would be considered a productive comment i have to say its a shame the above couldn't have been communicated out a little sooner or at least the clubs proposed plans in an attempt to avoid several "whats happening" type threads and any subsiquent bad feeling.

I appriciate there is a lot of work involved in arranging all these things and would very much like to see a regular update on the progress of all the above plans, it will cetainly assist in avoiding any more back lash threads and keep people focused on the positive aspects of the club.

Hannie

i haven't replied before as i don't see the point in fueling the 'slagging off' that happens towards the mods/admins. As stupid as it sounds i seem to get the majority of the blame - and to stop myself snapping in (as i have done\) i try to take a step back and get facts b4 i reply - i needed to have a talk with the others to get their updates and proposals for the upcoiming months.

please bare with me i am on the case

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GINDA said:
All in all its not a nice job, especially when done for free :!: which can very quickly leave you wonder why you bothered to try and help in the first place :?
And for those that don't know, Ginda was a mod a while back so he's talking from first hand experience.

Hannie said:
We must remember that next year we will have half the money as subscription will drop to £10.
This is just for repeat prescriptions isn't it? Although it probably will equate to the same unless there's alot of new members

Hannie

yes this is for repeat subscription. we have to rememnber people will not rejoin and we will get some new ones. until the time comes we cannot be sure how much we will have. was just making the point that for most of us, next year we will just be arguing about where our tenner has gone :lol:

deank93

If enough club promotion isn't done at shows etc this year then there will be no new members wanting to join up and no one wanting to re-sign.

It is so important for year one of paid membership to work well in order to attract new people.

I hope we give a good account of the club and car at the big upcoming events...i'm sure we will.