whats goin on then?

Dooie Pop Pop

MarkTurbo said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
best you get on it (the job not drink) now then.
I was just giving you some info on that event, i wont be doing any organising :wink:

Before i go any further this isnt directed at you Stu :wink: I thought the purpose of the paid up membership was so that the club would be sorting out events like this :?:

Quote from the membership section:

Club Events:

We will have the ability to pay and arrange for the pitch sites before the events (JAE etc) to assure a good pitch for our members.
And this is another good point about the fact that all the major events recently have been organised by individuals and not the club :?

deisel weasel said:
Hannie said:
who else does anything.... i'll ignore you said that :shock: you'd be surprised what we actually do.
you are joking right ???

I'm not trying to wind anyone up but really you should be the people pushing events and organising things but you dont...Just take a look at recent events...

the last north rolling road day, organised by a member
the southern rolling road day, organised by a member
japfest, allthough unsuccessful organised by a member
banzai feature, organised by a member
pod this weekend, organised by a member and lets be honest if lee hadn't done it we'd all be in the car park :roll:

Totb :?: have you managed to arrange anything for that ?? errr, nope

local meets, dont remember seeing many organised by anyone other than the members
Im not having a go at anyone, just wondered what the situation was with the club organising things like this :?:
:shock: thats about THE most delicate, carefully put thing iv ever read from you Mark :lol: :wink:

it does deserve an answer after all we are a 'club' not a forum and correct me if im wrong but 'clubs' do stuff not just spam up the internet.

i do have faith and things are as they say 'in motion' so we shall see :| trouble is that a clubs only as good as its members and if (and lets be honest) the vast majority of members are as they say 'voyeurs' i cant see much happening in the near future :(

thats why im asking for volunteers. im not gonna give up ALL my free time to see things work on here (im not asked too either), pay dont come into it i do it cos im a sad cnut with nothing better to do and i enjoy what meager attention i do get from my role/persona :oops:

its better than therapy anyway :roll:

MarkTurbo

Dooie Pop Pop said:
:shock: thats about THE most delicate, carefully put thing iv ever read from you Mark :lol: :wink:
Make the most of it too :wink: Its exactly the reason i never bothered paying the £20 to join cos i knew nothing would change :roll: As far as im concerned thats what the joining fee was for to sort out events like this, but it looks like nothing is gonna change and it'll be left up to someone to volenteer to sort it out on behalf of the club :roll:

Just my 2pence worth :(

Keira

Dooie Pop Pop said:
things are as they say 'in motion'
I'd imagine that the only thing 'in motion' from the powers that be will be the excess of turkey and christmas pudding thats been stuffed down their traps :wink: :lol: :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

that is sooooooo funny :lol:

can we run a poll on who we think laid that??? :lol:

i do think you could have found a better specimen though...something with a little less fibre and more guinness/christmas pud :lol:

pebble dash! :shock:

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
Its exactly the reason i never bothered paying the £20 to join cos i knew nothing would change :roll: As far as im concerned thats what the joining fee was for to sort out events like this, but it looks like nothing is gonna change and it'll be left up to someone to volenteer to sort it out on behalf of the club :roll:
for fo.o.k sake mark just calm yourself down fella :roll:

the powers that be are far to busy worrying about the important things of running an owners club than to actually bother organising anything :shock:

clicky

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J

jiw

Looking back at the crap that was posted about making the club better i should of handed a mate the £20 spent and he/she could of made some use of it by rolling it up and snorting through it...

I dont own a pulsar now but it still p!sses me off when people talk absolute bullsh!t and make false promises, if your going to do something do it properly and see the job through, if not do something decent and hand everyone their money back, your looking like conmen in my book :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
deisel weasel said:
the powers that be are far to busy worrying about the important things of running an owners club than to actually bother organising anything :shock:

clicky

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn right! Just noticed I should have added yours as well, it's 4 pixels over :lol:

deisel weasel said:

Totb have you managed to arrange anything for that ?? errr, nope
The last one was organised by the NW rep and Mod Andy Chan, I believe (and the one before that by a mod)

A member volunteered to do TOTB, at the last minute 3 mods were running round trying to sort something out when it was realised nothing had been arranged.

I realy am getting bored seeing the same old topic dragged up month after month. You complain about the 1bar and what oil posts but carry it on in this style :roll:

If things are so bad I'm sure there's always room for more volunteers to help with organising things :wink:

Keira

Fast Guy said:
deisel weasel said:

Totb have you managed to arrange anything for that ?? errr, nope
The last one was organised by the NW rep and Mod Andy Chan, I believe (and the one before that by a mod)
marks quote was from an old old post, sometime last year :wink: when the great change was starting.

Fast Guy said:
If things are so bad I'm sure there's always room for more volunteers to help with organising things :wink:
so what you're saying is, if more people volunteered to organise things, things might happen :? that kinda suggests that the people (not picking on anyone individual) presently running the owners club, which some people now pay for, aren't going to sort out alot on their own :?

which goes full circle back to the original post which mark dragged that quote up from the depths of the internet.

Whats going to happen in the future then ?

MarkTurbo

Fast Guy said:
I realy am getting bored seeing the same old topic dragged up month after month. You complain about the 1bar and what oil posts but carry it on in this style :roll:

I havent seen this subject dragged up over and over again :wink:

I wish i'd never bothered asking now, my question still hasnt been answered either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Going back to this again:

Club Events:

We will have the ability to pay and arrange for the pitch sites before the events (JAE etc) to assure a good pitch for our members.
That kinda gives the impressive that the club will be sorting out stand space/track time at shows etc etc Take Japfest for example, the club has a bank account now (i think?) so how hard would it be for everyone that wanted to go to pay the money into the club account (like the membership fees were) then the event could be paid for a lot easier than if one of the members has to organise it/collect cheques off everyone etc (which will probably end up happening anyway :mrgreen:)

Just a thought :?:

deank93

[quote="

A member volunteered to do TOTB, at the last minute 3 mods were running round trying to sort something out when it was realised nothing had been arranged.

[/quote]

Deleted :oops: .

D

deslynam

Dooie Pop Pop said:
it seems we have over 150 paid members now give or take a few.
And that is a hell of a lot of money to be just sitting there, when forum hosting costs peanuts per year.

O

Odin

The trouble is I agree with most of whats been said, It has been very slow getting anything done :roll: . Some of us would like to see track days and club trips getting sorted sooner rather than later :? .

But we just move posts that are put in the wrong section and tell people off lol, There is a brand new forum being worked on at the moment but that doesn't give us track days does it or organize club get together's ether..... All the owners clubs I've been a member of before at least had monthly get togethers at a local pub or club :? .

But that sort of thing does need membership support and people need to show there faces on a regular basis otherwise it will just fizzle out :cry: .

I really hope the new year brings a lot more action :wink: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
couldn' t decide wether to move this thread here or the members general section :|
Tough call :? Here, you'll get people who won't pay moaning about where the money they won't spend has gone, there you'll get people moaning about where the money they have spent has gone, except those that have used some of the members discounts to save more than they spent. :roll:

Keira

Fast Guy said:
you'll get people who won't pay moaning about where the money they won't spend has gone,
i'd actually rather like to know where my money was going before i spent it and i'm sure marks the same.

it was never really answered the last time this all reared its ugly head

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well you need Kev or Hannie to answer that more accurately than I can.
I know the general direction where some spending has gone, but not exact figures.
For example, sending out members stuff will cost a couple of quid, the marquis thingy, members barbque (even tho I'm sure that came partly out of someones (mod) own pocket?, new forum and server, club flyers etc etc It all adds up :roll:

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
couldn' t decide wether to move this thread here or the members general section :|
Tough call :? Here, you'll get people who won't pay moaning about where the money they won't spend has gone, there you'll get people moaning about where the money they have spent has gone, except those that have used some of the members discounts to save more than they spent. :roll:
:( yeah. i would have just deleted it if it was spam but its not so it stays, i moved it in here because the main contributors are non members and what was written is relevant to many.

I agree with what Rob said.
At present i'm joining the MLR, with no intereset in there forum or cars, just because they get discounted trackdays etc.
From a personal point of view i'd like to see club trackdays etc. happenin here :roll: but no signs as of yet :cry:
So that makes me a pulsar owner for 4+ years not willing to pay membership on the gtiroc but paying membership to the MLR of which I have no interest :!:
Ironic :cry: