whats goin on then?

deank93

GTiR_Mic said:
Good points to put accross Dean, now all we need is the answers.

Mic
And i really think they need to be answered quickly, this continued out-pouring of emmotion from members and non members alike is a sign of the passion on the forum and that passion will soon turn to anger resulting in the loss of people with a lot to offer if these fair and reasonable questions are not addressed.

DEAN.

D

deslynam

Google ads & selling items that most forum members want through a club 'shop' have worked on other sites I've used, more than covers hosting costs and buying banners, marques and space at events.
Any message board regulars always beat down the inane people & questions just like on here anyway! :lol:

gtirpulsar

Kieron do one. You've never paid you're always prattling on about how you're glad you've never paid. You've no real interest in the club but you keep on going on and on.
Now you're demanding to know where the money is spent and whats our plan? Sorry that information for members only.

Anymore and I'll openly link your website to the n00bs

Members I'll post something in a day or two. Please understand I'm not the only one running the club.

MarkTurbo

gtirpulsar said:
Now you're demanding to know where the money is spent and whats our plan? Sorry that information for members only.
Maybe not the money side of things, but dont you think it would be a good idea for the non members to know whats being planned for the future :?:

It might encourage a few more people to join up :wink:

Keira

gtirpulsar said:
Kieron do one. You've never paid you're always prattling on about how you're glad you've never paid. You've no real interest in the club but you keep on going on and on.
there you go people :roll: i think that says it all :lol:

the chairman of this club doesn't want to answer a simple question and would rather tell someone to f.c.uk off than to tell them what their £20 would be spent on if they were willing to spend it which they're not because the people that are actually 'running' this club have never told them in the first place :lol:

i've never paid for that very reason, you wouldn't answer it the first time i asked months ago and you wont tell me now, i dont think i've ever prattled on about how i'm glad i've never paid, and i did have a great interest in the club which is why i've been going on for so long about whats actually going to happen with it.

Not that you will be remotely bothered but funnily enough that interest has just vanished so there goes another member (albeit a non paying one :roll: ) that you've just lost...

zia

the club have gone through a lot change's mainly be cause "we" the member decided to we wanted paid membership, only a few mod's at the time where/wanted to go this route. i remember caleb stating that the club forum would alway's be free to use and join.but as with all thing's you carn't keep doing the same stuff, in order to survive it has increase/decrease/expand/ contract, and due to the nature how we run this forum the mod's where only selected for editing and keeping an eye on post's.with support from member in indiviual area's to organise meet's etc.since the loss of poeple who use to own gtir's and have moved on in thier life's certian position that where taken by these people where made vacant, finding suitable replacement was hard.all poeple on here have thier good point's and bad point's some are good at one particular aspect and some that aren,t. and the club had to make a collective effort to get different people with different abilites to try bash out something that looked like club.but with people continually not understanding the difficulty's. presumed the mod's where all knowing and wise, and they where chosen and should be responsible for all area's in which the club was running. i admit that the club should communcate better with it member's and we have progressed (voting for new mod's/representative's new section) and am sure we still have a lot to do but again this take time,time that we freely have to give, even though we have to live our own live's and problem encountered with other aspect of our private live's.
(hope your still reading this).but without the support of all our member we would be no where, and no club can function without comitment from each indivual.therefore each need to ask what they want from the club, weather advice,organising,communcating, the mod's are there to listen and if possible to add support any effort establish,promote the club even though some of us may lack neccessary skill's (me).
i will no longer be mod and have decided to step down.there is a vacancy availble for anyone who wishe's to fill it.

zia

geetee

For Fuck's Sake will you all just SHUT UP!!!

If you aren't a member then it's got nowt to do with you where the 20 quids go. FUCK OFF.

If you are a member.... if you spent half as long doing something to the benefit of the club as you do moaning...... there'd be nothing to moan about - shit would happen, things would get done.

It's a club for fuck's sake.... clubs are about collaborative effort.... not sitting on your fat asses the whole time bemoaning the fact that fuck all happens. What the fuck do you want for £20.... some butler with a GTiR tattoo to wipe your shitty arse with a stainless steel (group buy) cleft cleaner??

:lol: :lol: rant over :lol: :lol:

6Miester

geetee said:
For oh no's Sake will you all just SHUT UP!!!

If you aren't a member then it's got nowt to do with you where the 20 quids go. oh no OFF.

If you are a member.... if you spent half as long doing something to the benefit of the club as you do moaning...... there'd be nothing to moan about - Skoda would happen, things would get done.

It's a club for oh no's sake.... clubs are about collaborative effort.... not sitting on your fat asses the whole time bemoaning the fact that oh no all happens. What the oh no do you want for £20.... some butler with a GTiR tattoo to wipe your shitty bottom with a stainless steel (group buy) cleft cleaner??

:lol: :lol: rant over :lol: :lol:

Hmm, Helpful posting there. Now wheres my cheque book..... :roll:

I just hope you have no control over where club money/funding is going. And i don't think posting lol at the end of that post makes up for it.

'SHUT UP ' Is not an argument and suggesting members who have not paid leave, is basically saying you want the club to finish.

It might be obvious to members who know you that your post is tongue in cheek, but its the very reason why i don't to join up!

I can only echo a post form a page ago:

What is happening in 2006
Its not ranting or being unhelpful, its surely a fair and reasonable question?
The club has £3000 at least, and with others joining up as things get better.... possibly a good deal more.
Lets do something useful in 2006 with that money. And don't try to turn this thread into a slanging match when so far its been very interesting and helpful.

6Miester.

deank93

Like i said earlier...if the club wants to generate more money then the first step is that communication needs to be massivly improved, clearly communicate the clubs proposed intentions for the coming year to everyone and you'll see an influx of new members who want to be a part of things thus creating more money that can be put towards more/bigger events in the coming years and at the same time raise the clubs profile.

A proposed 2006 calender would be great....but it needs to be soon.

pete-r

Just a very basic point from a non -payer.Im very close to paying my £20(again :roll: )honestly ,i am. But is this slow server problem going to get sorted out?Being a member of other free forums ,the gtiroc is the most problematic and i really resent paying £20 to sit and punch my computer when im trying to view the pages on the gtiroc.Surely im not the only one pissed off at this simple point?

A

AJ4

To answer your question - yes, the new forum is a lot faster. Please remember though that the £20 everyone pays is not 100% for the forum and software, I think Kev mentioned somewhere that about £1 goes towards the forum.

I wish everyone would stop getting hung up on the server speed issue. Yes, its being taken care of, but the forum is not the be all and end all of the club and is not what the £20 is for.

Maybe you could pay £19, and settle for this old forum instead ! <joke> :D

K

KRS

3-4k so far just to run a forum... not bad, keep it up GTIROC ;)

Forums: £82
Webspace: £9.99 a month for serious server space
Mods: Free.. everyone wants to be a mod :roll:
Designing a site.. a weeks work at £80 a day unless your using idiots or rip offs!

Sorry couldnt help it.. 8) :lol: