Uprated gearbox casings

Luv launching my car the now as it is, and the standard box took pain all day long, only ever wrecked 2nd gear on it.
And the quaiffe i have the now takes pain, and car is severly launched 6k launches and still intack for the time being :)

Dangerous Dave

The box's need to be built correctly, if it's still an original unmolested box it'll most likely need rebuilding anyway.......
Ok i see am not that clued up on gearbox's i understand how they work ect but ive never had a good look inside one,

God help me if i took one to bit's

red reading

plus the 3 or 4 more i have in the northern branch!!

im an expert at breaking thinks so if the casings stand up to the abuse i give them, we'll be onto a winner.

ive got a stock of clutches to get through, so testing may take some time!!

Forgot about the northern branch spares too!! I don't think you'll break the casing i have been in with the chaps this afternoon and given them 4 set's of casing's! were going to tie the plate in with the gearbox mounts and the bellhousing for extra strenth,

red reading

Luv launching my car the now as it is, and the standard box took pain all day long, only ever wrecked 2nd gear on it.
And the quaiffe i have the now takes pain, and car is severly launched 6k launches and still intack for the time being :)
Do you get a lot of wheel spin?

red reading

i cant wait for this8)
im gonna buy a bigger turbo now.. ;-)
woo hooo:thumbsup:

Well your going to have to wait at least another 2 week's for this yet and then it will be a case of send me some cases and a deposit before i get any made for people,i am having 3 made first of all for me , martyn and one other person, After that it will be who pays the money will get them made for them,no group buy's or any rubbish as i am not going to mess the lad's about.

nismoboy

cool, keep me update coz if this works i might just have to build another engine (i hope the wife doesnt read this lol) I take it this strengthened case is also suitable for a quaiffe gearset? in terms of the increased side loading from helical gears.

Last edited:

red reading

Quaife is helical You really need a straight cut final drive and gears for max strenth, i would only use quaife for track work never drag. The quaife will fit and the gearbox will be stronger with the cases.............

nismoboy

I know its helical thats why i asked about the side loading as the quaife will give even more side loading to the case, Im very intrested in one of these cases if only to protect the quaife gear set from getting destroyed. I still think a bit of light drag racing would be fine on the quaife gearset the cogs are huge.