tubular manifold

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Makaveli, why don't you spec a manifold and get Bogdan to make it and see how it compares to his on a rolling road. (and maybe compare them both to a standard one)

I'd imagine only professional race teams put the amount of effort into designing a manifold that some people seem to think Bogdan should have put in.

There only so much you can do in the constraints of the gtir engine bay so I'm sure no manifold will be perfect and you'd only need to look at one to know if it's a piece of shit with small bores and tight bends.

Unless I'm mistaken a turbo car shouldn't suffer as badly from reversion as an na car at higher revs as the intake side will nearly always be pressurised.

We need owners that can make stuff and develop stuff for our cars, so why so much negativeity when one comes along?

Bogdan, what temperature will your non antilag manifolds withstand?

warpspeed

I'd imagine only professional race teams put the amount of effort into designing a manifold that some people seem to think Bogdan should have put in.
We need owners that can make stuff and develop stuff for our cars, so why so much negativeity when one comes along?
It's not negativity, it's sensible questions? The only negative is if the person being asked the questions doesn't know the answers.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
But I've never seen any other item being made for the gtir being questioned as much if at all. So why start now?

warpspeed

I don't know but IMO the questions being asked make sense and while the answers might not be important to everyone, it seems to me that if Bogdan doesn't know about what's being discussed and then learns of better ways to make his manifolds then he and everyone who buys them in the future is a winner, is that negative?

I know if I was the one making the manifolds and wasn't aware of what was being discussed I would be gratefull to have learned something new and would be doing my damdest to learn more and try make my manifolds the best available, but maybe that's just me.....

vpulsar

I don't know but IMO the questions being asked make sense and while the answers might not be important to everyone, it seems to me that if Bogdan doesn't know about what's being discussed and then learns of better ways to make his manifolds then he and everyone who buys them in the future is a winner, is that negative?

I know if I was the one making the manifolds and wasn't aware of what was being discussed I would be grateful to have learned something new and would be doing my damndest to learn more and try make my manifolds the best available, but maybe that's just me.....

You're just a clever dick being pedantic matey, If I where to do the same I'd say with all your apparent intelligence the least you could do is learn to spell properly I've corrected your mistakes by the way in the above quote .

Now leave the poor guy alone and let the people who want one of his manifolds buy them and you make your own to you own spec.

Rob

warpspeed

Rob,

Thanks for correcting the one mistake I made, good to see you've nothing better to do with your time.

If you've nothing constructive to add then f**k off, I'm not slagging off Bogdan, far from it, and if you weren't such a dick maybe you'd see that.

vpulsar

totally agree, i hate it when people cant spell... :doh:
Not so much misspelled my friend just miss used I think you'll find!

And yes I'm a dick but I think a close look in the mirror is required because I'll think you'll find another staring back at you.

Rob

Mad

New development on the GTiR is very minimal so anyone who is spending time and money on this has my vote.

I had one of the cheap "Ebay" manifolds on my Scooby recently which was fitted by the previous owner and lasted about 12 months before needing lots of welding so scrapped it.

I have an uprated manifold on my GTiR, fabricated by the person who used to do the DP ones. It works really well and Ive had no problems with it but not cheap.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It seems like every new thread should have ''fights'' on it :(:(:(:(:(
Please don't be put off! - You are completely entitled to say "that's how I make them, and unfortunately if you need more than this I can't help you".

I honestly don't think any of this is meant to be a criticism of you or your work; it's just people saying "you know what would make this an absolutely awesome manifold..."

You've got people interested in the manifold as you make it at the moment. - Don't worry too much about the "banter" and technical discussion.

warpspeed

Go for it Bogdan!

Nothing wrong with some technical discussion and a bit of banter.....

You'll need a thick skin around here :D