tubular manifold

STU666V

I am thinking i will go for one? I will have a look at the pictures etc when i get home!

Not bad prices,

Thanks

johnny gtir

Ok your welding looks really good. Not having a go in anyway shape or form nor do i understand alot about flow. Only asking from my point of view simple terms and a simple answer is all i need as i have had many a manifold. cheap e bay to quality expensive high quality/grade stainless with thick flanges braced non braced i have tried bracing them so no weight of the turbo is hanging on it one flange was slit and oval holes to allow for expansion tried stiffer bushes to get rid of engine movement the list goes on. I have had the flanges warp welds crack the lot. I know a little about 304 and 310 from when i had my 5 bolt turbo flanges fabricated like anything there are advantages and disadvantages to both. So in simple terms how is yours different and wont crack please ? I ask this as i am interested in one but am feared of them as i have had nothing but trouble and stripping manifold turbo down pipe off more than i care to remember 8 month was the best i got from one

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've even had the factory cast manifold crack on an old car, so it's not restricted to tubular manifolds. I'd guess it's more dependant on the heat they see.

kirko

standard ported manifold is good for 420 bhp
more than enough for most....
that just leaves the serious racers wo will have plenty of cash
anyway

RO_SUNNY

Also David Buschur which tunes Evo's in the USA obtained really high horse power on stock ported cast manifolds.....therefore I think you can make also 500 BHP (and even more) on a standard GTIR cast manifold.

But you can't go with an external wastegat....and many other things :p

RO_SUNNY

Ok Guys,

I have thought about it and I will be needing some pictures of the Protech manifolds or other equal length manifolds so that I can have some inspiration.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Bogdan

Mad

Im not particularly technical when it comes to things like this but my input would be that when your running over say "400bhp" you may want to look at engine efficiencies (reduced lag and turbo spool) and that's when an uprated manifold will come in to use over a standard one.

RO_SUNNY

Ok Guys,

I have thought about it and I will be needing some pictures of the Protech manifolds or other equal length manifolds so that I can have some inspiration.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Bogdan​

RO_SUNNY

OK....let's put it some other way.

I was thinking about this kind of model....it's an old Full Race Gtir manifold.

vpulsar

This was my first manifold that I bought for my pulsar and had the turbo in the standard ish position.

And this was the second lol.

Rob

RO_SUNNY

Thanks Rob,

I can do also a custom manifold with an top mount position or a side mount....whatever the ''clients'' need!

Cheers,

Bogdan

Noz

Interested in a top mount T3 log manifold, price for non-gated and price for a 38mm external gate option please.

Cheers.

Noz

Costs. Right now I have my MR2 and the Pulsar to take forward, hopefully both into the 11s, and the Zed into the low 12s later in the year perhaps.

Saying that, if a top-mount tubular is a decent price, then that would be preferable. Just need an idea of the price & lead time, I already have a solution lined up, but it's taking longer to get to me than I'd hoped, and the season is drawing to a close.