Trackday! Booked

P

pulsarboby

a fella emailed me from the other site, and said that theres 6 of them going up there!
when i asked how he knew about it:? he said that he had seen my name on the driver list, so has now organised his own little posse!
but he's not stopping where we are, but keeps asking that we should all go for a beer, but being an ol git that i am, i said that im not moving away from my glass of scotch, sitting by the open fire in the bar:lol:

also, im really struggling to get my car done in time for this day, my 3071 hasnt arrived yet, and ive got s*** loads to do, and parts to fit, before its mapped:shock:
so if it comes to it il have to use one of my other numerous Rs:lol: but im not really gaining anything as there all standard (completely), where as i really need to get my beast all setup, that was the idea of this day for me, 'to get it setup for racing'
am just hoping this turbo arrives by the end of week, then i can get cracking with it,

im getting stressed out with the time thing now:sad: everything seems to come round so quick!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
campbellju said:
Are you going over Friday or Saturday Andy?
Not 100% sure yet, I think I’ll be going on the Friday evening, that way I’ll be hungover for Saturday morning...sorry "refreshed" after a few evening beers. Also I don't have to be up at 5am to drive all the way there.

What are you thinking?

pulsarboby said:
also, im really struggling to get my car done in time for this day, my 3071 hasnt arrived yet, and ive got s*** loads to do, and parts to fit, before its mapped
Excuses excuses :violin: :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like there will be quite a few gtir's then :)

Sorry to hear about your problems Bobby. Do you have to swap the turbo yet? Stu's goting to be running his 3071 but on minimum boost as his PFC won't be here by then.

If it makes you feel better, Stu's car still isn't on the road, mine isn't mapped and my diff is not finished yet. I'm going to have to take some time off work I think as I go away at the end of the wieek for a fortnight.

If I can help with anything, you know where I am as I'm not competing just messing around, time is less critical for me.

stumo

har har, got mine on the road today *flicks the V's*.

Got a funny intermittant fault though...

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I spent a bit of time sorting my car today. When I attended the MLR trackday in November, on the last lap of the day I ran out of brake pads...

Took them off today this is what I had left remaining…

Pad - 1

Pad - 2

Pad - 3

Pad - 4

Also a trip to Pipwerx at the start of feb ;-)

Mr GTiR

Andy - what you going to Pipework for? Mines in for a 3" dump pipe and custom pipework for my intcooler.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
campbellju said:
:shock::shock::shock::shock:, Blimey!!!
That's what you get for hammering after Bob Moore's Evo 5 (RC's DynoRod orange evo) and late braking as much/hard as possible to keep up the best I could :twisted:

Mr GTiR said:
Andy - what you going to Pipework for? Mines in for a 3" dump pipe and custom pipework for my intcooler.
I'm going for the 3" elbow and down pipe, not asked them about intercooler pipe, as I never know they did that? I've been looking at a local fabricator for that, let me know how they get on with the intercooler pipe, when you going in?

P

pulsarboby

now now girls, tut tut!

im not making excuses lol, one way in one car or another, i will be there! ready to kick some butt.

cheers jim thats very kind of you:-D im not worried about getting the cage in or the plastic windows etc etc, i just want to get the car running with the 3071, z32 afm and the 700cc injectors, and get it mapped prior to this day! the rest can wait a little longer.

i would like to take this car, as i would like you to have a go at setting my coilovers up for me, as i hear your a bit of a whizzkid with them, so that alone will be a great help to me8)

P

Pete

hopfully ill be there to watch on the day if thats ok :lol: 8) :-D

P

pulsarboby

good news 3071 arrived today:-D
ok what do i need to fit this? i heard that i need a wedge spacer to fit between manifold and turbo, so it doesnt hit block.
i will have to cut my hardpipe from fmic to fit an adaptor pipe to turbo, and i think i also need an adaptor to fit on to induction side.
what actuator? can i use my existing one from t28?
and i believe i will also have to make bracket to mount actuator.

can you give me a quick guide please jim, as you have already done yours, so you know whats involved8)

also chaps, just found out today that the fella whos doing this day aswell is bringing up some of his mates!
as far as i know there will be a skyline, new m3 beemer, cosworth rs500, gtir and a 'yes, you guessed it' scooby wrx
so theres some easy prey there to annialate:lol:

and as jim said, anyones welcome to watch, i may also give passenger rides aswell, if your brave enough, but you'll need to bring your own lid (helmet) and suitable clothing!
and i dont supply sick bags:p

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
:doh: Mental block, sorry, as it was Kieron's old trubo some of the problems I ddn't have to deal with. I had the smaller inlet so I don't get problems with the block/bell housing.

For my intake pipe I used a Samco hose to act like a reducer for my 3" intake pipe.

I wouldn't use a standard actuator on a turbo that size.

On the compressor outlet, I got 60mm mandrel bent pipe used for tractor exhausts £15. Took it to my local hydralics shop who progressivley bent the end down to 50mm. Then I just neded a straight 50mm silicon pipe.

The worst bit I found was getting the flexi pipes for oil and water in a reasonable place, that felt like it took the most time!!!

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
fubar andy said:
A nice frosty track to keep people on their toes!

Jim, when are you heading down?
Friday, I'm booked into the B&B, I was going to head over with Stu but he's wavering at the mo.

Mr GTiR

fubar andy said:
not asked them about intercooler pipe, as I never know they did that? I've been looking at a local fabricator for that, let me know how they get on with the intercooler pipe, when you going in?
They don't do intercooler pipes as such but while their building my dump pipe i thought i would ask and Ian said yes 8)

All i'm goingto do is trailer my car up there with no dump/down pipe and i'll fit the R33 core and Ian will do the rest.

Car not booked in yet but he's know i'll be sending it up soon :thumbsup: